[WTF?!] Now that's definition of a sore loser...

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Kasey Chang

[WTF?!] Now that's definition of a sore loser...

Post by Kasey Chang »

Call of Duty loser "SWATed" the guy who beat him.

Some genuine loser, who can't accept the fact that some kid beat him in CoD, decided to sic the SWAT Team on his opponent offline. By calling through Skype, he convinced the 911 operator to mobilize over 60 officers, including helicopter, SWAT team, and more, by claiming that his opponent has already gunned down his mother and are waiting for the officers while he goes to gun down his neighbors. When the cops came, the "real" guy was on his headphones and can't hear them using a bullhorn outside.

Fortunately, eventually the mother went out and the cops figured out something's not right. So they never went in. Now they want the head (not literally) of the real perp.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: [WTF?!] Now that's definition of a sore loser...

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Kotaku wrote:Rolling Johnny Law up to someone's doorstep just to cause them trouble is called "swatting," apparently, and the FBI is tracking about 100 such cases of it nationwide. It has ties to video gaming, as well, already happening in Oregon and Florida to people who got into Xbox Live arguments with extra-antisocial bastards instead of just the regular-strength ones.

One of these days, someone will get shot going out to answer the door.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

What is consequence for this? That's got to be prison time in addition to an insanely large fine.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote:What is consequence for this? That's got to be prison time in addition to an insanely large fine.
I imagine it depends on the prosecution. If they can tack on terrorism and/or cybercrime....

Wonder if there's a civil suit here too.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT