Can someone ID this board game?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

EddieA

Can someone ID this board game?

Post by EddieA »

There was a board game I was considering buying a few months ago, and I can't remember its name. The premise is that the players are patrons of traveling magic shows (I think they're magic shows, but I'm not positive). You can invest in the shows as they travel to the center of the board. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Daehawk

Re: Can someone ID this board game?

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Illusio fits the bill in terms of theme, but it's a card game. Here's the description courtesy of BGG:
BoardgameGeek.com wrote:1896: As the pioneers of magic compete against each other to amaze the public, the most spectacular magic show of all times will soon happen and YOU want to win it! To achieve that, you'll portray one of the ten magicians in competition and challenge your competitors with prestigious tricks.

Illusio is a card game about mentalism, close-up tricks, illusions and other examples of magic at the end of the 19th century when the magic arts held as much science as mystery. Which one of the great magicians trying to become Master of Illusion are you going to be? Savano the splendid one who controls the animals? The astonishing Shaozu who controls matter? Or the hypnotic Miss Dominated who subjugates the crowd?
You can read a more in-depth review of the game here.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
EddieA

Post by EddieA »

Thanks for the replies - it was Spectaculum. I was wrong about the magic shows, as they're actually traveling circuses. The other games mentioned look interesting too. I'll have to look into those.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You're welcome. glad to help.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"