Boardgamers! Zombicide! Yay or nay???

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Should I Sell Zombicide in my FLGS "Yard Sale"

Poll ended at Fri May 16, 2014 9:50 pm

Yes!
100%
No!
No votes

Total votes: 5

hentzau

Boardgamers! Zombicide! Yay or nay???

Post by hentzau »

OK, need a quick vote on this one. I'm getting ready to get rid of a bunch of games that I don't play very often, and I want to get your input on Zombicide. I picked it up last spring for like $5 because of a bunch of work I did running a game day at a local convention. I have never broken the shrink on the game. Sat in my basement unplayed. So...what's the consensus? Worth keeping?

My thoughts:

Pluses:
Co-op game. I like a good co-op game
Lots of minis. I like minis

Minuses:
Zombies. Not a fan of Zombies in general. I like Last Night on Earth, but that's about it.
Tons of already unplayed games. Zombicide isn't real high on that list to hit the table anytime soon.

So I'm thinking of throwing it in for $50 with a bunch of other games into my FLGS "yard sale" for store credit. Thoughts? Am I missing a gem here?

Look! I can put in a poll!!! Answer quick, my wife is bringing the games to the store tomorrow! (Friday!)
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zarathud

Re: Boardgamers! Zombicide! Yay or nay???

Post by Zarathud »

Both chrisoc and I have and like Zombicide Season 1 and Season 2. If you ever get the feeling you want to play, call one of us! But it's a lite, fun game with some rules quirks to keep the mechanics working right. Best with casual gamers who aren't going to argue about whether you should be able to shoot into a combat zone and not hit the survivor first, then the zombies.

Is the Cat & Mouse sale here already?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hentzau

Re: Boardgamers! Zombicide! Yay or nay???

Post by hentzau »

Zarathud wrote:Both chrisoc and I have and like Zombicide Season 1 and Season 2. If you ever get the feeling you want to play, call one of us! But it's a lite, fun game with some rules quirks to keep the mechanics working right. Best with casual gamers who aren't going to argue about whether you should be able to shoot into a combat zone and not hit the survivor first, then the zombies.

Is the Cat & Mouse sale here already?
Yeah. This Sunday.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire