Victorian Science Fiction — Great War against the Cthonians

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Daehawk

Victorian Science Fiction — Great War against the Cthonians

Post by Daehawk »

Some of you guys might like this web site i stumbled onto just now..its late and Im not sure how I got here other than aircraft carrier searching strangely enough.

https://misternizz.wordpress.com/tag/dystopian-wars/

Enlarge Image

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Zarathud

Re: Victorian Science Fiction — Great War against the Cthoni

Post by Zarathud »

Hentzau will like this, I think.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I like it too, but I am useless for building and painting minis. Will show my friend
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Have to admit, not a big fan of the Dystopian Wars stuff.

I know it's a really fine distinction, but I consider myself more a fan of Victorian Science Fiction than Steampunk. I like my VSF to have hope, and I like the S part of VSF to be used sparingly. I'm fine my lift wood ships and steam powered tanks and tripods, and the occasional whacky science fiction element like a very unreliable lightning cannon. I start losing interest with giant steam leviathans and platoons of rocket troops and mechanical horse cavalry. Plus the darker elements of modern-day Steampunk turn me off as well.

Guess I'm just a VSF snob. :)
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I just like the minis
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Oh, and I do think some the Dystopian Wars 28mm figs are absolutely beautiful. If I was still actively doing Space:1889 minis games I would be buying some to bolster my existing troops.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire