[VPG] Villainous Vikings

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

baelthazar

[VPG] Villainous Vikings

Post by baelthazar »

So, I did something crazy. I got an email from Victory Point Games about them opening a preorder for the upcoming game Villainous Vikings. The description on their website is fairly brief and the BGG entry doesn't have a whole lot of information, but it is being billed as a trade, exploration, adventure, and warfare game. Also, it is VPG and I've yet to get a game from them that I did not like. As a medievalist, I basically HAD to instantly order it, even with the sparse information.

Here is the store listing, for those interested:
http://www.victorypointgames.com/villai ... kings.html

And what really drew me in:

LONGSHIP STANDEES!!!!
Zarathud

Re: [VPG] Villainous Vikings

Post by Zarathud »

Looks awesome. I would be tempted but I'm pretty sure hepcat is in -- or will be. He also loves VPG. I think they did the 3 player card game Trieste which was pretty fun.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
baelthazar

Re: [VPG] Villainous Vikings

Post by baelthazar »

Zarathud wrote:Looks awesome. I would be tempted but I'm pretty sure hepcat is in -- or will be. He also loves VPG. I think they did the 3 player card game Trieste which was pretty fun.
Yes, Trieste is theirs. I have Dawn of the Zeds, Darkest Night, and Cruel Necessity - all great games. I've been sorely tempted by the Chess-meets-deck-building game For the Crown, but can't justify the price.