[Board Game] Arctic Scavengers opinions?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

coopasonic

[Board Game] Arctic Scavengers opinions?

Post by coopasonic »

I just watched the Shut Up and Sit Down video and this looks like the competitive deckbuilder I have been looking for. I know you guys have played it, what did you think?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Re: [Board Game] Arctic Scavengers opinions?

Post by coopasonic »

Nobody has played it?

I will say it looks a bit simplistic as deckbuilders go. There aren't really combos or chaining or anything of that nature There is a pretty limited selection of cards as well.

The one thing it does have that might make it interesting is the skirmishes. In addition to buying cards in a two currency system (medicine and food), calling reinforcements and scrounging the junk pile for equipment you are also fighting over contested resourced in something of a bluffing game. Each round, one player gets to see what the skirmish prize will be and plays cards face down as his resources allocated to the fight. Each other player looks at how many cards the first player committed and decides how hard he wants to fight for the contested resource (they are generally good stuff). After everyone has finished their turns everyone flips over their skirmish cards and most fight wins. This gives the game a bluffing aspect.

Additionally there are leader cards that give each player a special power to mix things up.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I've seen the poster up at DGM plenty of times and expressed interest, but the response I got initially didn't really sell me on it. Looks like it's in the DGM library. I'm willing to give it a shot next time you can make it.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote:I've seen the poster up at DGM plenty of times and expressed interest, but the response I got initially didn't really sell me on it. Looks like it's in the DGM library. I'm willing to give it a shot next time you can make it.
Yeah, I saw that it was in the library, but you know me, I can't wait. Also, I have no idea when I am ever going to make it to DGM. It seems like there's always something going on.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

There's always a Thursday night event if you can see clear on a weeknight. Assuming you aren't sleeping in the garage with your new gaming table, that is.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I have August DGM on the calendar... in pencil... very lightly.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter