GAMESTOP policy changes on trade-in dollar values

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

JSHAW

GAMESTOP policy changes on trade-in dollar values

Post by JSHAW »

Take it for what it's worth, Gamestop will soon be giving you more for your trade-in's.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/08/05/more- ... in-policy/

Also, improving their customer service. (I'll believe it when I see and hear it, in person.)

http://venturebeat.com/2014/08/05/games ... n-walmart/
YellowKing

Re: GAMESTOP policy changes on trade-in dollar values

Post by YellowKing »

As much as I don't typically do business with Gamestop, I have taken advantage of their trade-in values for Rewards members. I got $42.50 for Infamous and over $30 for Watch Dogs. Considering I don't have to go through the trouble of trying to sell and ship them, those are really good numbers. Also, I really like Game Informer magazine, which is worth the annual membership by itself.

As far as customer service, it really depends on who's working there when you go in. Most of the folks at my local stores are really nice. Yes, they try to push pre-orders and warranties and crap, but they're just doing their job so I don't really fault them for it.

It's great they're getting some competition though.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

This would have been interesting news to me 5 years ago when I still purchased physical media. The PC's digital distribution model is far superior even if I can't sell back the disk.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

It's still good for console stuff. For PC if you wait for sales you never feel the need to trade it anyway. I've gotten ridiculous deals on trading stuff in when they are running promotions. I traded in my 1st gen xbox 360 + 2 controllers for something like 150-180 bucks last year because of a double credit deal. :shock:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

For me it's not still good for console stuff at all, I buy digital for console now exclusively. Swapping disks is bullshit ;)
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace