[KS Board Game] Do you need another dedicated solo game?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

coopasonic

[KS Board Game] Do you need another dedicated solo game?

Post by coopasonic »

Friday is the one solo-only game I own. There are a few others that play pretty well solo, but I really like the looks of Hostage Negotiator.

It's a solo only game where you take on the roll of a hostage negotiatior. You buy cards for your hand using conversation points you build up through playing cards. When you play a card, you roll dice to determine the outcome of the card. Did you piss the abductor off more or make him feel better? There is a threat deck that drives the game. I watched the playthrough video and it looks pretty neat. Pretty cheap by Kickstarter standards too, $20 for the game shipped in the US. $35 with the 4 bonus abductor packs, that should extend the gameplay.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Re: [KS Board Game] Do you need another dedicated solo game?

Post by LordMortis »

If I were to dream of a solo game, it would be like Descent Campaign where the Overlord had some sort of formula of rationality to follow... Maybe an FFG XCom or Syndicate campaign board game. :ninja:

... I actually have enough Descent stuff to design an X Com board game using Descent campaign bits...
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

LordMortis wrote:If I were to dream of a solo game, it would be like Descent Campaign where the Overlord had some sort of formula of rationality to follow... Maybe an FFG XCom or Syndicate campaign board game. :ninja:

... I actually have enough Descent stuff to design an X Com board game using Descent campaign bits...
Have you looked at or played Galaxy Defenders?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Bastard... I will not buy a game I know nothing about. I will not buy a game I know nothing about. I will not buy a game I know nothing about.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Someone up there must have it. Make them bring it to Octocon. I probably won't be coming up this year or I would bring it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

There's always Octocon. There should be at least 1 copy of Galaxy Defenders.

I think a story driven game like Agents of SMERSH or Tales of Arabian Nights would be more fun, but that's probably hepcat's influence.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

LordMortis wrote:Bastard... I will not buy a game I know nothing about. I will not buy a game I know nothing about. I will not buy a game I know nothing about.
It's very very good.... and can be played solo or with friends. Win-win!

I'm trying to be more discriminating when it comes to KS. Unless the developer is a known quantity, I am just going to shy away. That being said, there have been a ton of known-quantity developers putting amazing projects on KS recently, so I am feeling the wallet burn.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

baelthazar wrote:
LordMortis wrote:Bastard... I will not buy a game I know nothing about. I will not buy a game I know nothing about. I will not buy a game I know nothing about.
It's very very good.... and can be played solo or with friends. Win-win!
:twisted:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter