[Looking For] Aces and Eights RPG

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hentzau

[Looking For] Aces and Eights RPG

Post by hentzau »

Any of you guys ever pick up a copy of Aces and Eights: Shattered Frontier? I'm on a bit of a Western kick right now, and would love to get my hands on a copy. Let me know if you want to sell off or trade a copy for something else..
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
MonkeyFinger

Re: [Looking For] Aces and Eights RPG

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Funny... had never heard of this then a friend lent my his pristine, leather-bound edition this week. All kinds of awesome sauce. Sorry, goes back home Monday. :(
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

MonkeyFinger wrote:Funny... had never heard of this then a friend lent my his pristine, leather-bound edition this week. All kinds of awesome sauce. Sorry, goes back home Monday. :(
The kids from the Sandlot wrote:You're killing me, Smalls.
:(
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Sounds like someone has time for a trip to Kinko's.... (just don't break the spine!)

:)

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Yah, that's not gonna happen. :P

I'd be curious to know where if you end up finding a copy... or two... somewhere.
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I've been watching Ebay and sent out feelers to my usual gaming suspects, but was pretty much coming up blank. There were copies to be had out on Ebay, but they were wanting like $80 for the softcover and $150 for the limited edition hardcover. I wasn't crazy enough to pop for that, so I reluctantly held off.

Then my folks got me the Rustlers and Townsfolk supplement for Aces and Eights for Christmas. After a quick thumb through, I was really impressed by the quality of the book and writing and etc, so I was pretty much determined to get the core rules after seeing that.

So I did some more internet searching for the game, and came up Aces (so to speak.) Noble Knight games had a NEW copy of the limited edition hardcover for $85. It's really still more than what I want to pay, but it was the best I could find, so I jumped at it. I had some Christmas money (as well as an End of Year bonus) burning a hole in my wallet, so it didn't sting TOO much.

I'll post a review after I get my copy in a few days. :horse: