Dude made a scale aircraft carrier for Wings of Glory

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hentzau

Dude made a scale aircraft carrier for Wings of Glory

Post by hentzau »

Out of foamcore.

In four hours.

I am such a slacker.

“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Re: Dude made a scale aircraft carrier for Wings of Glory

Post by Isgrimnur »

Make it in four hours? He's obviously a skilled craftsman, and had the plans to go from in short order, meaning there was little to no design time.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

It would take me 4 hours alone to figure out how to get the plans to scale...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

3D printing will alleviate the need for any craft skills soon enough. Get ready to "make" that carrier in about 25 minutes.

But really, that's very impressive. It gets me thinking about scale and time compression in Wings of War though. Wouldn't it take about 15 turns to get into the air?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

LawBeefaroni wrote:3D printing will alleviate the need for any craft skills soon enough. Get ready to "make" that carrier in about 25 minutes.

But really, that's very impressive. It gets me thinking about scale and time compression in Wings of War though. Wouldn't it take about 15 turns to get into the air?
Or 3 turns for you to explode on the deck. :twisted:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hentzau wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:3D printing will alleviate the need for any craft skills soon enough. Get ready to "make" that carrier in about 25 minutes.

Or 3 turns for you to explode on the deck. :twisted:
If there is a "Collision With Live Munitions Mislaid on Deck" chit, I'll pull it. Guaranteed. It would probably lead to the sinking of the carrier, too.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
raydude

Post by raydude »

Looking at the Japanese carrier models in that link I think once again that having a big red dot on the flight deck is not such a good idea.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

That actually doesn't look like it's that difficult to do to me. If you helped me out with getting drawings for the ship that could be scaled I could probably make one of these for you to bring to the next Octocon.