Games Finished 2015 Edition

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hitbyambulance

Re: Games Finished 2015 Edition

Post by hitbyambulance »

forgot to update... finished Serious Sam SE (HD) and Serious Sam 2.

tho i got the DLC for SE HD and decided to play on Hard difficulty. is very hard.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Just finished the offered campaign for Sword Coast Legends as a Ranger. I'd certainly like to see some improvements regarding features but, living in the Agile world for the last little bit, appreciate the MVP model. Looking forward to CP2, DM mods and beyond.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

I've finished Hatoful Boyfriend, that zany pigeon dating simulator.

I forgot pretty quickly that I was interacting with pigeons. The writing is good and the personalities are distinct enough that I saw them as people, not pigeons. Also, the game isn't as much about romantic love it is about filial love, and covers the gamut of emotion quite well in that regard. It also touches on other themes like speciesism and, surprisingly, terrorism.

There are problems with the game that make me hesitant about recommending it. You have to finish several relationship stories before the game opens up the real story. The relationship stories tend to be less than a half-hour long and end in abrupt and unsatisfying ways. The much longer real story is good, but I felt frustrated with the game before reaching it.

Also, the game doesn't have rewind/review and autoskip, two features I've come to expect in visual novels. There is fast-forward, but it doesn't automatically slow down when you encounter new text like autoskip would. Without these features, it's harder and more tedious to go back and see all the endings. Fortunately, there are lots of save slots.

I'm glad I played Hatoful Boyfriend, but didn't enjoy it quite as much as I'd hoped. I'll be cautiously reading reviews of the upcoming sequel, Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star, before diving into that one.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

s'bout time... one life, no saves:

* (goes much easier when you forget about the City of Gold and just buy the stupid jetpack...)
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist

Free to play on Steam & from The Stanley Parable team.

Good heavens, that was fun!
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Jewel Quest II - i kinda hate to admit it, but i found it more enjoyable than most match-3 games i've played. also, it could get pretty difficult.

i could only play this one when i came to visit my parents' house on holiday, as i couldn't transfer my save game. it took about six visits (three years) to finish!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I was hoping to get a couple more finished. I'm "close" with Kingdom of Amalur, but the game just seems endless. And I can't seem to stop doing the side quests.

I also made it to California in Wasteland 2. I'm working on the Bastion of Faith stuff. I'm assuming I'm getting close to being finished. Depends on how much is beyond the southern radiation wall.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote:I was hoping to get a couple more finished. I'm "close" with Kingdom of Amalur, but the game just seems endless. And I can't seem to stop doing the side quests.
I think I've shelved Amalur for the third time. I enjoy individual moments, and the combat is fun (when it isn't absurdly easy), but there just seems to be too damned much of it without much variety.

I set out to actually finish some games this year. I was making great progress, too. Then Fallout 4 happened.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

:-)

I've been sidetracked by Sentinels. It's now my "go to" when I am too tired to think much. It's replaced solitaire. I've probably played 30+ games already.

When are you going to get on for a game? :wink:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Knocked out Wasteland 2.

Forgot to note that I also finished FO:NV. Once I remembered that I had to load it using the shortcut on the desktop in order to get the scripts to run. That's all that was interfering there.

Black Lives Matter

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider last night. Pretty fun. Just my kind of game.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackhawk wrote:
TheMix wrote:I was hoping to get a couple more finished. I'm "close" with Kingdom of Amalur, but the game just seems endless. And I can't seem to stop doing the side quests.
I think I've shelved Amalur for the third time. I enjoy individual moments, and the combat is fun (when it isn't absurdly easy), but there just seems to be too damned much of it without much variety.

I set out to actually finish some games this year. I was making great progress, too. Then Fallout 4 happened.
Stayed up too late last night, but finished Amalur. Finally. Completely max level mage. Pretty sure I got most of the content. Very glad to be done.

Black Lives Matter

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Removing the sticky as 2015 gives way to 2016.

2016 thread is here.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT