Kickstarter 2015-2016 - Mostly Tabletop, but we aren't picky

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

coopasonic

Re: Kickstarter 2015

Post by coopasonic »

Chrisoc13 wrote:
Zarathud wrote:Kickstarted the Pebble Time smart watch with a color screen today. Delivery date is May 2015. Not surprisingly, it's another hit -- $7.2 million in the first day.

The biggest selling points -- daylight readable color screen, 7 days battery life (not hours), microphone, new clean interface, thinner, and compatible with existing apps. Take that, Apple iWatch!

Wireless diabetes medical devices have also started to take advantage of the bluetooth pebble feature, so my old watch will still get use.
Looks tempting, maybe if I hadn't just been given a Microsoft Band for Christmas, looks right up my alley. I'll be interested to know how it goes.
I managed to avoid backing... but then they announced Pebble Time Steel and I fell for it.

It's and $15.5 million with 23 days to go. I think they may make their goal.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I love the look of the Steel watches but my metal allergies require me to stick with the all-plastic.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Was it Dokken that caused that allergy in the first place? It was Dokken, wasn't it?
He won. Period.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Blood Rage 5th player expansion has been added for $30.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

hepcat wrote:Ouch, shipping not included. I love the look of the game and Lang is a solid designer, but they'll have to add a lot of kickstarter exclusives to make it worthwhile for me.
Well, there are a boatload of monsters and gods now. I was weak and backed it. The rules are very streamlined, almost Arcadia Quest good, so I think it will be a nice quick playing game. It reminds me of City of Remnants, but less convoluted.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Duplicate post
Last edited by Lordnine on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Dwarven Forge's latest system is up.

City Builder. Modular buildings and streets.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Wow, you could easily spend a fortune on those buildings. So cool.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

It would be great for Mordheim. But cowboys are my passion now, so I'm going to pass.

If I could lay my hands on one of the dungeon tile kick starters though, I'd probably jump on it.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Blood Rage is growing... Now a nice set of Gods and Monsters. I have to stop backing CMON projects (actually, I think I may vow to ONLY back CMON projects from now on).
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I just backed the Myth expansion kickstarter, but only at the 6 dollar level that gets me printed copies of the 2nd edition cards (hero decks and streamlined traps), as well as the 2nd edition rules. I was waffling over selling my copy, but the new rules are pretty dang good. I think I'm going to hang onto it a bit longer and play a few solo games before whipping it out at game nights.
He won. Period.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I just got my final Myth figures from the Kickstarter. I guess now I should finally make time to try it out.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

AWS260 wrote:I just got my final Myth figures from the Kickstarter. I guess now I should finally make time to try it out.
I got a package last week with about 8 figures in it and no papers or anything. I guess that must be what that was. I had no idea. Maybe I will see the guy I sold the game to at BGGCON this fall. I can give them to him then.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

AWS260 wrote:I just got my final Myth figures from the Kickstarter. I guess now I should finally make time to try it out.
Make sure you grab the 2nd edition rules from here. Then, if you can, grab the 1.3 "patch" from here and use the cards they have as reference.

The rules and the cards in their first printing are annoying as heck.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I just got a notice that Night Witches, a narrative RPG from the creator of Fiasco, is now shipping to me. It's only a couple of months behind the schedule projected during the campaign, so I consider this a very successful Kickstarter.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

baelthazar wrote:
hepcat wrote:Ouch, shipping not included. I love the look of the game and Lang is a solid designer, but they'll have to add a lot of kickstarter exclusives to make it worthwhile for me.
Well, there are a boatload of monsters and gods now. I was weak and backed it. The rules are very streamlined, almost Arcadia Quest good, so I think it will be a nice quick playing game. It reminds me of City of Remnants, but less convoluted.
Now there is a whole new clan being added for free. I have to give them credit, it would have been easy to make that a paid addition.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Lordnine wrote:
baelthazar wrote:
Now there is a whole new clan being added for free. I have to give them credit, it would have been easy to make that a paid addition.
Yup, and we have unlocked a slew of shamans (not to mention an entire Norse pantheon with special box - I would almost consider this an expansion). Only 43 hours left, but it has been steadily growing since the beginning. The rules are fairly streamlined and the game looks like a nice cross between a Euro and a Ameritrash, very much like CitOW only without some of the fiddly power cards. I just hope it plays well with 2 players.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I am doing my best to pretend Blood Rage doesn't exist, since it's unlikely to be played by the Chicago group.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'd definitely play it.
He won. Period.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Not helping.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Seppe would definitely play it.
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Hentzau would definitely play it.
He won. Period.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

See, I don't believe you. And I could bring out first my near mint Chaos in the Old World and Cyclades.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You refuse to let us play Cyclades and now you're blaming us for that???? I even sent an email to you last week asking when we could play it! :grund:

As for Chaos, that just wasn't my cup of tea. But I gave it a try anyway. I think I was just annoyed when I found out that the mechanic I used to win the game we were playing was later "fixed" by FFG as they said it was broken. :wink:
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Archinerd just mentally told me he would definitely play Blood Rage.
He won. Period.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Zarathud wrote:I am doing my best to pretend Blood Rage doesn't exist, since it's unlikely to be played by the Chicago group.
Free Wild Boar Clan unlocked.... just saying... :wink:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/co ... ect_update
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Wild Bears would be awesome. Wild Boars sounds like accountants at a bar.
MythicalMino

Post by MythicalMino »

I am in on the Blood Rage kickstarter at $105. Base pledge and the 5th player expansion. When the pledge manager drops, I might add 25 for the art book (sucker for that type of stuff)

The game looks awesome, though. And I have been reading that the game is already 80-90% finished. So September shipping (or maybe sooner?) could very well be a reality.
My boardgames for sale:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90573
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Zarathud wrote:Wild Bears would be awesome. Wild Boars sounds like accountants at a bar.
Wild Bears sounds like a different kind of bar.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

MythicalMino wrote:I am in on the Blood Rage kickstarter at $105. Base pledge and the 5th player expansion. When the pledge manager drops, I might add 25 for the art book (sucker for that type of stuff)

The game looks awesome, though. And I have been reading that the game is already 80-90% finished. So September shipping (or maybe sooner?) could very well be a reality.
Not only that, but I find Eric Lang's designs to be fun and versatile. He did Chaos in the Old World and Arcadia Quest (one of many, I think the lead was Thiago Aranha). Blood Rage should be a good time. I do hope the 2-player game is entertaining.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Just backed Bottom of the 9th from Dice Hate Me games. It looks like another fast playing, fun game from those folks. They just announced a stretch goal expansion that incorporates Sentinels of the Multiverse characters.
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

My no kickstarting board games pledge for 2015 didn't last long.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... -boardgame

It's a full co-op by the guy that designed Paperback. Given X(8)s love of full co-op games and the scarceness of copies of paperback I figured it was best to kickstart it so I could be sure I'd get a copy (and it's a kickstarter selling for under $100! ($34)). It's a burglary game somewhat similar to Flash Point (and a billion other co-ops) in that you get a certain number of actions per game, different characters have different abilities and there are random factors to keep the game interesting.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Posthuman

Posthuman blew through its funding goal in the first day. Impressive for a game with no miniatures. :lol:
In the game, players start off as humans on a solitary journey to a rumored fortress harbouring a community of humans. To reach the fortress the players need to complete ten zones successfully. These zones are found on tiles of varying terrain that are drawn by the players as they explore the world. On their travels the players have the opportunity to meet other human players to trade items and use beneficial skills on each other. They will also encounter randomly drawn mutant adversaries and be assailed by players who have switched to the mutant side. Encounters with mutants may inflict scars, and the more scars players have, the closer they will be to mutating and switching sides. Will they strive to cling to their humanity and make a run for the fortress, thus winning the game? Or will they give in to the ever more tempting mutation, join the mutants, and deny the win from the rest of the humans?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think it's common knowledge that I'm a bit of a Small Box Games fan, so I thought I'd just alert folks here that John Crowdus' latest game, Soulfall, is up as a kickstarter now.

John always has short turnaround times because he has all the assets ready to go beforehand, and just uses kickstarter to get the printing paid for. The release on this one is May 2015. He's never been more than a few weeks late before, so I'm sure he'll make it.

For 25 bucks (if you're a domestic backer), I swear you won't regret it. He's a strong game designer. And the art on this one is...well...wow.

He won. Period.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

This might interest the more co-op minded of you, the new game from Peterson Games (Cthulhu Wars) is Orcs Must Die!

Enlarge Image

They are offering three funding options by the looks, pledge for one of two stand alone Co-Op games or buy both and they combine to make a team vs team PvP game. It's beautifully produced but I think I will sit this one out. I would need to back at the $150 pledge level because I'm not much of a Co-Op fan. Maybe if the stretch goals really impress... :)
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

hepcat wrote:*snip* And the art on this one is...well...wow.

Agreed, great art.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Archinerd wrote:
hepcat wrote:*snip* And the art on this one is...well...wow.

Agreed, great art.
Tempest in a Tikoop (teacup).... nice pun.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Lordnine wrote:This might interest the more co-op minded of you, the new game from Peterson Games (Cthulhu Wars) is Orcs Must Die!
I cannot see how this would would be better implemented as a a board game than the existing video game (which is brilliant).
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Zarathud wrote:
Lordnine wrote:This might interest the more co-op minded of you, the new game from Peterson Games (Cthulhu Wars) is Orcs Must Die!
I cannot see how this would would be better implemented as a a board game than the existing video game (which is brilliant).
I think you could say that about a lot of board-games. 4 player co-op? 4v4 player death match!

It also has the benefit that local multiplayer is always more hilarious than online play because you can see the joy and pain on your friends faces.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

WarQuest by Glenn Drover

At first I thought this looked fairly generic but on reading further it seems pretty interesting.
At the beginning of the game the Warlord recruits an army made up of any of the 5 main races: Wood Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Goblins, or Beastmen (Satyrs).

Each Warlord has 2 Quest Cards and 2 Conquest Cards. When a Quest or Conquest is completed, the player gets Victory Points (based on the difficulty of the mission), and draws another card of the same type.

Turns
On a player’s turn they may perform three of the following actions:
• Move an army and fight a resulting battle.
• Buy a Power Card: There are 5 Power Cards available for purchase at all times. These may be Spells, Magic Items, Ownership of a Market in one of the cities of Myrathia, or other Special.
• Take control of a region currently occupied by your troops.
• Tax a city under your control
• Recruit new troops: One of your leaders must be in a region where the race lives (Goblin Lands, Orc Lands, etc.)
• Recruit a new Lieutenant (in a city only)
• Complete a Quest: A leader must be in the location of the Quest