Kickstarter 2015-2016 - Mostly Tabletop, but we aren't picky

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

MonkeyFinger

Re: Kickstarter 2015

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Lordnine wrote:If you are into miniature games I’m surprised you don’t have Cthulhu Wars on your list. I actually just got a shipping notice this morning.
Same! :shock:
-mf
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Has your shipping stalled? My tracking page has been stuck in the same location for 3 days now. At this rate it will take the rest of the month to get to me way up here in Vermont. :(
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Lordnine wrote:Has your shipping stalled? My tracking page has been stuck in the same location for 3 days now. At this rate it will take the rest of the month to get to me way up here in Vermont. :(
Well, mine went from the Newgistics facility in CA to the Newgistics facility in NV last night. Too early to tell what the next step will be. I'll let you know if the tracking advances in the PM, as that seems to be when it updates.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Mine finally moved! Went from Sparks, NV to Fishers, IN. Woohoo! Would be nice if it just gave me an estimate for arrival though.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Lordnine wrote:Mine finally moved! Went from Sparks, NV to Fishers, IN. Woohoo! Would be nice if it just gave me an estimate for arrival though.
Fishers, eh? My brother-in-law lives there... I could have him hijack that shipment to get a copy a little earlier... :D
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

You’re too late! Now it’s in New Jersey! :P
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Lordnine wrote:You’re too late! Now it’s in New Jersey! :P
That's cool, cause mine is in Fishers now! I hope to have it tomorrow or at least early next week.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Arrived today!

Wondering now if I should even open it... :think:
-mf
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

MonkeyFinger wrote:Arrived today!

I doubt Cthulhu Wars is a game that will ever see store shelves, so if you ever want to play it, you might as well enjoy it. The base game on their website is $200! That makes the $140 from Kickstarter seem downright reasonable.

A couple people have also reported damaged figures, so if you are one of them you will want to have those replaced. Green Eye Games have been very reasonable about replacements, just take a picture of the damage and they will send you a replacement as soon as available.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Lordnine wrote:
MonkeyFinger wrote:Arrived today!

I doubt Cthulhu Wars is a game that will ever see store shelves, so if you ever want to play it, you might as well enjoy it. The base game on their website is $200! That makes the $140 from Kickstarter seem downright reasonable.

A couple people have also reported damaged figures, so if you are one of them you will want to have those replaced. Green Eye Games have been very reasonable about replacements, just take a picture of the damage and they will send you a replacement as soon as available.
Yah, just got caught up on KS updates and they noted some issues with the game so it seems I should check and see if they all survived their transition to this dimension. :wink:
-mf
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I think it will show up on online retailers, but I doubt it will be in your brick and mortar establishments (it was hard to find Space Hulk in any quantity at stores). I think they intend to sell it at retail, however, so I'm not sure why it would be available commercially (did they say as much, LordNine?).
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

baelthazar wrote:I think it will show up on online retailers, but I doubt it will be in your brick and mortar establishments (it was hard to find Space Hulk in any quantity at stores). I think they intend to sell it at retail, however, so I'm not sure why it would be available commercially (did they say as much, LordNine?).
We know that people will be able to buy it here.

This might have changed but as of about 3 months ago:
Information was sketchy but it sounded like there will be extremely limited copies available from an undisclosed online US retailer.
Physical retailers are unlikely unless a store specifically requests to carry it.
Things like the fancy plastic summoning gates will never be available again.

So in short, if you really want it, you will be able to find it. However, it's unlikely you will ever walk into a store and see it in large numbers or get it cheaper than it was through Kickstarter.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Ah, I see what you mean. I can't imagine it won't show up on Coolstuff but, then again, Sandy did sort of say this was his "one off" chance to make a dream game for rabid fans. He has since opened their doors to that Theomachy game, but I have to admit the latest video showing them playing cards pretty much killed off any interest I had.
ChaoZ

Post by ChaoZ »

Here's something that's blowing up on Kickstarter right now (funded in less than 30 minutes, up to $575k right now): Exploding Kittens card game. Illustrated by the guy who does The Oatmeal. Looks like a fun filler game.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

ChaoZ wrote:Here's something that's blowing up on Kickstarter right now (funded in less than 30 minutes, up to $575k right now): Exploding Kittens card game. Illustrated by the guy who does The Oatmeal. Looks like a fun filler game.
I was about to post a thread for this one. I'm backing. Can't pass up The Oatmeal.
ChaoZ

Post by ChaoZ »

I'm in too, backed the NSFW version. Hope the game plays as fun as it looks!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

ChaoZ wrote:I'm in too, backed the NSFW version. Hope the game plays as fun as it looks!
I backed only the regular version, as I've been on a Kickstarter tear again lately and need to rein it in. I may fold and go NSFW by the end, though...
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Damn you both. But I'm a sucker for games like this that we can play at lunch.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

1985 regular backers... over 22k NSFW backers. Jeepers.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

One million dollars in 7 hours. Holy shit.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I showed that to my child people. They now desire it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Just kickstarted one 20 (well 25 in Canadia) level and one 350(40 up here) level so that we have enough for up to 8 players and that the NSFW cards will be rare and fun to see.

This is my first project to ever back. Exploding Kittens took my virginity.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

It's all downhill (for your wallet) from here, tjg.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Zaxxon wrote:One million dollars in 7 hours. Holy shit.
Closing in on 1.8 million. Will be interesting to see what stretch goals they finally post, given that we're at 18,000% funded.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

I just watched it go over 2 million. Good Lord.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

tjg_marantz wrote:I just watched it go over 2 million. Good Lord.
It's trending towards $33 million. LOL
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Moat_Man wrote:
tjg_marantz wrote:I just watched it go over 2 million. Good Lord.
It's trending towards $33 million. LOL
The biggest project ever ended a bit over $13M, so they have a real shot at taking the crown. Highest game is $8.6M, and highest tabletop game is $2.8M, which will be eclipsed this week most likely.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Double the nsfw cards. Glad I only order one nsfw deck!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Just took a long hard look at the Conan kickstarter. Dammit.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

hentzau wrote:Just took a long hard look at the Conan kickstarter. Dammit.
Damn you. So an extra $45 for a 'deluxe box'? Do they explain anywhere in the billion comments what's deluxe about it?
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

MonkeyFinger wrote:
Damn you. So an extra $45 for a 'deluxe box'? Do they explain anywhere in the billion comments what's deluxe about it?

4 extra scenarios and some figs that are exclusive to the King's box, as near as I can figure.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Damn, I want that just for the miniatures. I won't be getting it, but damn!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

hentzau wrote:Just took a long hard look at the 4 extra scenarios and some figs that are exclusive to the King's box, as near as I can figure.
Gotcha.
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Interesting. Just read the fine print. Shipping charged after the end of the campaign once they have all of the stretch goals added in. That could add a bit onto your overall pledge.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hentzau wrote:Interesting. Just read the fine print. Shipping charged after the end of the campaign once they have all of the stretch goals added in. That could add a bit onto your overall pledge.
Lest anyone get the wrong idea, that fine print is the same size as the main print in the pledge level description. In fact, I would suggest the asterisk specifically calls your attention to it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

coopasonic wrote:
hentzau wrote:Interesting. Just read the fine print. Shipping charged after the end of the campaign once they have all of the stretch goals added in. That could add a bit onto your overall pledge.
Lest anyone get the wrong idea, that fine print is the same size as the main print in the pledge level description. In fact, I would suggest the asterisk specifically calls your attention to it.
Yeah, thanks for pointing out how that read. Not like they are trying to hide anything. I just am so used to kickstarter rewards including shipping that I was taken aback when I finally figured out that you would have to pay for shipping separately.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I think I have had 3 "pay for shipping separately projects"... at least 2 of those 3 were CoolMiniOrNot projects. Can't remember the other... maybe it was 3 of 3.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Cmon has really gone that direction. But for zombicide season three it was still reasonable even with all the stretch goals. Don't remember the exact number but i remember it being reasonable.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

tjg_marantz wrote:Double the nsfw cards. Glad I only order one nsfw deck!
I couldn't help myself and ordered the $35 package as well. There were only 59,995 backers when I did... this is my first Kickstarter. I hope it's a blazing success and The Oatmeal can finally make his Tesla museum.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Oh my. Is this finally the mockumentary that will outdo Spinal Tap?! Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords is involved, if that matters (it does to me, I'm a big fan).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... an-release