Tiny Epic Galaxies [Kickstarter]

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Tiny Epic Galaxies [Kickstarter]

Post by Zaxxon »

Looks intriguing. The prior two 'Tiny Epic' games appear to have done well. Do any of you have experience with the prior games?

Linkage...
hentzau

Re: Tiny Epic Galaxies [Kickstarter]

Post by hentzau »

Zaxxon wrote:Looks intriguing. The prior two 'Tiny Epic' games appear to have done well. Do any of you have experience with the prior games?

Linkage...
I have a copy of Tiny Epic Kingdoms but have never had a chance to get it to the table. And I backed Tiny Epic Defenders.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I'm backing this one at the base level. Still considering whether deluxe is worth it. Get Kingdoms out before this ends so you can tell me whether to add it on. :)
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Yea, I am waiting on Tiny Epic Defenders and that makes this a tough call. I am a big fan of space games and this one appeals -- but I have a wide range of good games in the theme.

I did play a game of Tiny Epic Kingdoms on New Year's Eve with hepcat and seppe (and actually lost). It was a pretty decent game, but I liked the idea of a slimmed down Defenders better. I also liked the Tiny Epic meeples from going in for one-of-everything in the Meeple Source KS.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Damn, the game builds a space theme on combos and claiming planets. This one isn't going to be easy to resist.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

I backed TEK, they run a good clean well-communicated campaign. I have recently played TEK a few times since we have been traveling a bit and I really like the game. It plays quick, has plenty of variety, and is really small. I got the deluxe version and I likely will get the deluxe version of Galaxies as well.

I just said in another thread I didn't see much chance of backing anything this year but it looks like I am going to back Tiny Epic Galaxies because I really like TEK quite a bit. I didn't back Tiny Epic Defenders because TEK hadn't been delivered yet and I'm trying not to get into kickstarters when the previous one hasn't been delivered yet.

I've only played 2-player games of TEK but there is a lot of variety available and virtually no luck. The game is really quick to learn and teach. So I am a fan of it.
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

I met the developer at Origins. Super nice guy. I think we had breakfast together twice. That said, I don't know anything about the game except that I've been getting notices about it from him in my facebook feed.
No sig, must scream, etc.
qroonqroon

Post by qroonqroon »

I think that the authors say is very right, especially the views of the author close to our daily life.So we can go to the
Last edited by LawBeefaroni on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
qroonqroon

Post by qroonqroon »

can i sent some website
Last edited by LawBeefaroni on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
qroonqroon

Post by qroonqroon »

maybe you are right
ChaoZ

Post by ChaoZ »

I also backed this project because I like the theme and the form factor.
It seems to have garnered some very positive reviews from people who have played the prototype.