Hey guys, my Kickstarter is up!

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

malichai11

Hey guys, my Kickstarter is up!

Post by malichai11 »

As some of you know, I was tangentially involved in the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. Well, prior to that, and for the past few years, we've been working on our own adventure card game, called Apocrypha. I'm the main man behind the setting (along with Matt Forbeck and Mike Vaillancourt), and Mike Selinker and his amazing team at Lone Shark are the people behind the mechanics. We launched this morning and I think we'll fund tonight or tomorrow! Come check us out here!
Smoove_B

Re: Hey guys, my Kickstarter is up!

Post by Smoove_B »

Pretty cool man. Any Octopus themed cards for us? :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Are you going to be at Origins or GenCon showing off the new game?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

That's Mike Selinker in the video?

Pretty cool. Congrats!
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There is no way I can afford to pledge right now, but I'm in for a dollar, just to show support.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
malichai11

Post by malichai11 »

El Guapo wrote:That's Mike Selinker in the video?

Pretty cool. Congrats!

Mike is the man with the plan, yup.
malichai11

Post by malichai11 »

Zarathud wrote:Are you going to be at Origins or GenCon showing off the new game?
I'm honestly not sure, nor am I sure if I will be with them if they are. Mike's a professional at this talking to folks and showing people games. I suffer from almost crippling social anxiety, so it would be a real challenge for me. Heck, it's difficult enough just to get on here to tell you guys about it. :)
malichai11

Post by malichai11 »

Smoove_B wrote:Pretty cool man. Any Octopus themed cards for us? :D
You'll have to buy it and look!
malichai11

Post by malichai11 »

Blackhawk wrote:There is no way I can afford to pledge right now, but I'm in for a dollar, just to show support.
Thanks for the thought. If we have some leftover demo copies late in the year or next year, maybe I can get get you one for you and your boys.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh, I backed it. How could I resist? I really enjoy the Pathfinder card game and I'm curious to see the how the same basic mechanics work with this game world. From reading the KS site and watching the videos I know it's not exactly the same, but I'd imagine the lessons learned from the Pathfinder experience and the original game world IP for will allow for some more freedom and adjustments. I think the pre-apocalypse monster/evil hunt isn't a theme that's done to death either, so you certainly have that going for you.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote:I'd imagine the lessons learned from the Pathfinder experience
*cough*like QC on the card text before they go to the printer*cough*

Yeah I know you are talking about 1000+ cards, but really you have a year, they ought to be right.

I backed it. I shouldn't, but I did. I made it to March without backing anything and now I have 4 projects backed to the tune of around $450. Stop it Coop! Luckily as Zarathud pointed out elsewhere, they gave us a breakout point on Zombicide.

Once you make all your goals I may back out because of all the damn shuffling. :mrgreen:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

And you're funded already - congrats!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

coopasonic wrote:*cough*like QC on the card text before they go to the printer*cough*
There's already a Q/A thread over at BGG and that comment was raised. Fortunately it was Paizo that took control of publishing logistics and Lone Shark has someone else handling it for them -- an individual with 10 years of production experience.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Backed.

I keep hoping that one of these days I'll actually play the games I buy... :)

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Since this game mentions the Pathfinder game, was anything done to the design to encourage more player interaction? One of the biggest reasons why we stopped playing the game was that the near complete lack of player interaction got boring.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

There's some basic info over on BGG, but I'm rather surprised there haven't been updates yet from the team. I don't know if they didn't anticipate funding in less than 24 hours, but they (he?) really needs to start cranking out the info.
malichai11

Post by malichai11 »

Turtle wrote:Since this game mentions the Pathfinder game, was anything done to the design to encourage more player interaction? One of the biggest reasons why we stopped playing the game was that the near complete lack of player interaction got boring.
Yes, there will be more player interaction.
malichai11

Post by malichai11 »

Smoove_B wrote:There's some basic info over on BGG, but I'm rather surprised there haven't been updates yet from the team. I don't know if they didn't anticipate funding in less than 24 hours, but they (he?) really needs to start cranking out the info.
Mike got you 2 hours after you posted this. :)
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Jumped into this one today. Reminder to those folks on the fence, the Kickstarter ends in 5 days.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
malichai11

Post by malichai11 »

Just a few hours left. We have a monster of a game we're going to release to Kickstarter backers ($99+ that is): 1300 cards with 99 missions, plus the RPG missions. I'm pretty happy with how we're finishing up here!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Congratulations! I'm glad to see that it was one of those Kickstarters that exploded.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Thankfully hepcat was paying better attention than I was to the final stretch.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Pledged minutes after this thread was first created. PACG is one of my favorite solo games. And I'm not a big fan of fantasy. A horror themed game with some similarities is right up my alley.
Covfefe!