Star Wars The Card Game (LCG)

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

MythicalMino

Star Wars The Card Game (LCG)

Post by MythicalMino »

So I am returning to this game. Any others play this? I love the game, but totally struggle with building decks (although, to me, it is easier in this game than others doe to how you choose objective sets instead of individual cards).

I have every expansion except the last three (the last Deluxe Expansion and the last two Force Packs). Trying to take my mind off of those because it may be awhile before I can get them. Still, though, there is lots to the game I have now.

So anyways...who here plays this game? What decks have you built?
My boardgames for sale:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90573
hepcat

Re: Star Wars The Card Game (LCG)

Post by hepcat »

I know Seppe plays it. I tried a game or two with him one afternoon. It's a solid game with some interesting ideas. I'm just not enough of a Star Wars fan to ask for it on game days. :oops:
Covfefe!
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

The few times that I have played I have really enjoyed the game. I have a couple of the expansions for it, but mostly just play with the base set.

I'm an odd duck. I really enjoy deck building games, but don't like constructing decks.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
The Rocketman

Post by The Rocketman »

It's my only "10"-rating on Boardgamegeek :)

This is what I had to say about it:
Absolutely love this game! Fast and tactical, and loads of options when playing it. I like the many new ideas in this game, and it oozes atmosphere! The artwork is truly phenomenal, and Fantasy Flight have really outdone themselves bringing many themes and scenes of the movies to life in such an abstract game. Truly a labour of love!

It HAS been about a year since I last played it though, so I can't remember any specific decks I made. Just in general, I stayed mostly to 1 faction. Only some Rebel Hoth speeder deck I built had a splash of Jedi added to it to include Luke's pilot version to it.

I've been meaning to play it again soon though, so I'll see if I can dust off my old decks then and post them here.

Personally, the turning point for me was when I bought a second core set: there are just so many good sets in the core box, that I couldn't really envision making solid decks with just 1 copy of these. This really made for a better game experience.