Ghostbusters RPG - free to download

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

IceBear

Ghostbusters RPG - free to download

Post by IceBear »

I never got a chance to play the WEG Ghostbusters RPG in the 80s (heck I have only seen a picture of it recently) but the entire product line is free to download here:

Removed link as not sure if it's legal

I don't think this is a pirated site, but if it is I apologize and will remove
Last edited by IceBear on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
hentzau

Re: Ghostbusters RPG - free to download

Post by hentzau »

Yeah, it looks like (from reading through the comments) that this guy just got his hands on scans of the materials and posted them. Looks like it's just a very well done fan site.

Too bad. The WEG Ghostbusters RPG is a heck of a lot of fun. Ran a game set in the Field Museum of Natural History once. That place is spooky enough on its own without adding in ghosts.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Yeah I am not sure if I should remove that link or not. It seems like a very dedicated fan site and get the feeling that he is trying to be as above board as possible, but don't actually see a statement where he got permission from WEG

Edit: I asked if he had permission but until I hear back I will remove the link
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

is this the same thing as the Ghostbusters International RPG? i just retrieved the box from my parents' house earlier this year. it's still bound in twine, which went on about 1991 and has since never been removed
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I believe so (though I think the pdfs were of the 1986 edition which was just called Ghostbusters RPG; it was the 1989 edition that was called International)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbu ... ying_game)