Hey Hepcat! Looks like someone is making your dream game

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hentzau

Hey Hepcat! Looks like someone is making your dream game

Post by hentzau »

“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hepcat

Re: Hey Hepcat! Looks like someone is making your dream game

Post by hepcat »

Covfefe!
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

My thoughts exactly, hep.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Going to need more room in the dining room for games, hepcat
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I am waiting patiently to see which Star Trek this is.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Sounded like the Federation and Klingon Empire weren't allies yet so pre-TNG would be my guess
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

IceBear wrote:Sounded like the Federation and Klingon Empire weren't allies yet so pre-TNG would be my guess
Yes, but which pre-TNG. If I see Chris Pine on the cards, I'm going to go Gorn on them.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Wizkids have the rights to all of star trek and they tend to mix TOS and TNG stuff into their games, allowing players to pick and choose which they want to go with. I full expect this series to continue that trend.
Covfefe!
RMC

Post by RMC »

Hmm... I like the Mage Knight Board game. Is this based off those rules, or the miniature game rules?
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

It'd be based off the board game. The announcement stuff all mentions Vlaada Chvatil, and he only worked on the board game.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

RMC wrote:Hmm... I like the Mage Knight Board game. Is this based off those rules, or the miniature game rules?
It's one of my absolute favorite solo games. Unfortunately, more than one person and the game can take a long time. But if they theme it with Star Trek and make ship to ship combat, as well as away team "missions", the focus, I can't see how I could possibly NOT want to play against some dirty Klingon or filthy Borg.
Covfefe!
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Interesting looking game. Never played mage knight but I'm sure I would like it.

I wish this weren't wiz kids though. They drive me crazy more than any other publisher and I avoid them whenever possible. I wish ffg had the star trek license. They've done beautifully with star wars. To be fair wiz kids has done decently well with star trek, they just don't quite do the service that ffg does and it would be nice to see that extra polish and care. It's like when mega blocks gets the license for something instead of Legos... Why?

All the same I'll be interested in this. Star fleet captains is my favorite star trek game and they did a beautiful job with it (although a little more polish would have been appreciated) so this could be really good.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Wizkids is, hands down, the absolute worst of the big game companies when it comes to component quality. The cards and tiles in Star Trek Fleet Captains would've been more durable had they been printed on toilet paper; every expansion for Mage Knight has included numerous problems (different colored card backings, and with the latest expansion, different sized tokens that need to be mixed with older, larger ones); and different models of Klingon ships in Star Trek Attack Wing that are essentially the same, but just labelled as different classes...even though they should look different (okay, okay...that last one is a nerd issue for me). They infuriate me with their lack of quality control. But they put out games I want to play, so I'm stuck being treated like a second class citizen by these mooks. :x
Covfefe!
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Yeah, this is the main reason I will be reticent to spend the inevitable $90 for a new Star Trek game by WizKids. The first Star Trek big board game was so bad that even when sleeved the cards still seemed flimsy. Also, IIRC, were the Fleet Captain tiles made from card stock and not cardboard?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yup, they were made from a material that supernaturally bends and creases when you look at it.
Covfefe!