Imagine if Steam were as bad as Apple:

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Pyperkub

Imagine if Steam were as bad as Apple:

Post by Pyperkub »

Apple removes right to re-download games if the dev has removed it:
Apple is removing games from people's purchase history once they're removed from the App Store.

Previously folks were still able to redownload apps even if they'd been removed from sale.

An Apple representative told PocketGamer, "if [developers] remove their apps from the store, they cannot be redownloaded until the app has been resubmitted to the App Store".
Can you imagine the Gamer outcry if Steam did this? But somehow it's ok for Apple.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Daehawk

Re: Imagine if Steam were as bad as Apple:

Post by Daehawk »

I hate Apple so nothing to me. I think it's wrong though. Feel bad for Apple purchasers. The fanboys wont care and will agree with it anyways.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Buy something and you get to keep it forever? What is this, the 20th century?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

In reading more about this, I think it's related to the game not working in iOS9 and the developer either saying it will never be supported with the new OS or that they're currently updating the game and until that happens, it's disappearing off the store.

So it's not exactly the same.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Wasn't this just a big issue for them after a developer created an ad blocker...and then pulled it after he had a change of heart/was yelled at by companies that he thought might employ him in the future?
Covfefe!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

hepcat wrote:Wasn't this just a big issue for them after a developer created an ad blocker...and then pulled it after he had a change of heart/was yelled at by companies that he thought might employ him in the future?
I believe you're thinking of Marco Arment and his withdrawal of the Peace ad-blocker. I'm guessing that he doesn't need to worry about future employment. :)
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch