So, going to a gaming convention all last-minute like.

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Zarathud

So, going to a gaming convention all last-minute like.

Post by Zarathud »

I predict Blackhawk will be crazy busy the next few days and have a wonderful AAR when he returns.

And I am jealous. 2 more weeks until my trip to Origins.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Blackhawk

Re: So, going to a gaming convention all last-minute like.

Post by Blackhawk »

I predict that Blackhawk is going to shut his computer down now, and won't be able to make any more predictions until he is in Saint Louis.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Then I predict that for the next few hours, we're all going to mercilessly make fun of Blackhawk.
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I predict that Blackhawk will probably leave the convention with both his kidneys...probably.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Speaking of which, did you get all that ice I asked you to pick up, Siljanus? If so, any issues with fitting all of it in your car?
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:Speaking of which, did you get all that ice I asked you to pick up, Siljanus? If so, any issues with fitting all of it in your car?
I actually just flew into Chicago earlier today so I suppose I can rent a car, pick up some ice then grab you on the way...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Get dry ice and some butcher paper. It will keep it cold longer, and you won't have to run it through the dryer to get all the water off.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The depth of knowledge our forum has is most impressive.
Black lives matter!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote:Speaking of which, did you get all that ice I asked you to pick up, Siljanus? If so, any issues with fitting all of it in your car?
Did you remember to get the surplus surgical gear from the hospital that Jeff V works at?
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And for giggles, I grabbed a fake wig and a glue on Hitler mustache. I can't wait until he wakes up in the tub. Sure, he'll be pissed about the missing organs, but I think the laughs he'll get after seeing himself in the mirror will calm him down.

On another note, are you really in Chicago today, Siljanus?
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:And for giggles, I grabbed a fake wig and a glue on Hitler mustache. I can't wait until he wakes up in the tub. Sure, he'll be pissed about the missing organs, but I think the laughs he'll get after seeing himself in the mirror will calm him down.

On another note, are you really in Chicago today, Siljanus?
Yeah. Was thinking about starting a post about that in order to not hijack thread too much . Wife is here for ASCO cancer convention but we're going to Cubs game shortly. Will be here till Sunday.
Black lives matter!

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Saturday morning a few folks are meeting up at a game store on the north side. Let me know if you're interested in stopping by/joining us.
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:Saturday morning a few folks are meeting up at a game store on the north side. Let me know if you're interested in stopping by/joining us.
Oooh I'll have my nine year old with me but that might be possible. Saturday my daughter and I will be left to our own devices so shoot me a text.
Black lives matter!

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You got a PM. :D
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk wrote: I'm nervous as hell. That's just a me thing - doing this is really pushing my comfort zone, and by 'pushing', I mean 'vaporizing.' What's more, I'm going to need a couple of days, minimum, to hermit after I get back to get my anxiety levels down to normal, and I'm not going to get them, as I will have the kids for seven days starting the next morning. Still, it will be good memories.
No, that's totally normal - I go to a single small-ish convention and it's overwhelming. I'm on overload by 10pm every night and just need to hermit up as well for a bit. Not sure if you're going to be reading this while you're away, but don't be shy with the hand sanitizer!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Smoove_B wrote:
Blackhawk wrote: I'm nervous as hell. That's just a me thing - doing this is really pushing my comfort zone, and by 'pushing', I mean 'vaporizing.' What's more, I'm going to need a couple of days, minimum, to hermit after I get back to get my anxiety levels down to normal, and I'm not going to get them, as I will have the kids for seven days starting the next morning. Still, it will be good memories.
No, that's totally normal - I go to a single small-ish convention and it's overwhelming. I'm on overload by 10pm every night and just need to hermit up as well for a bit. Not sure if you're going to be reading this while you're away, but don't be shy with the hand sanitizer!
Stopped for lunch. Yeah, I packed a bottle of sanitizer next to the tub of lube.

Also packed many, many weapons and kidney armor.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote:You got a PM. :D
Talk about your lucky breaks! Now you don't need to drive to St. Louis at all.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Kidney armor, eh?

Anyone know off hand what a duodenum is going for these days?
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Blackhawk wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:
Stopped for lunch. Yeah, I packed a bottle of sanitizer next to the tub of lube.

Hope the fun factor balances out any bouts of terror you may have. (will have to research how to remove kidney armor efficiently...)
Black lives matter!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

$iljanus wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:

Hope the fun factor balances out any bouts of terror you may have. (will have to research how to remove kidney armor efficiently...)
If you're meeting up with Hepcat on Saturday you should also research how to apply kidney armor efficiently.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Any meeting with me eventually turns into a rochambeau contest, so a different type of armor may be necessary.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, I survived the first game. I recommend taking a look at Danger Patrol if you want a quick, light action RPG. The rules are free (linked above.)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Five games down, one to go. I don't know that I could have handled a third day. My anxiety has been through the roof since Wednesday night, and you can only ride that much adrenaline for so long. I'm having a lot of fun, though, and am glad I had the opportunity.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Glad it's going well.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And, other than the drive home tomorrow, I'm done.

I just spent four hours as the Space Marine Apothecary, Fluttershy, whispering my way through a noble string of mercy killings in the name of the Empress. It was as absurdly fantastic as the premise suggested.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sounds like you had a blast.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

About to head home. Observation:a week of unusual sleep patterns, followed by two 14 hour days of gaming, wrapped up by four hours of genocidal fanatic My Little Ponies leads to some really, really strange dreams.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

How many kidneys do you have?
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Just the three.