The Necromancer Stirs - ARISE WARHAMMER QUEST!

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

baelthazar

The Necromancer Stirs - ARISE WARHAMMER QUEST!

Post by baelthazar »

So, I was checking BGG the other day and, lo and behold, the top "hotness" was Warhammer Quest. Thinking, "ah, the nostalgic groupies have hijacked BGG's hotness list again," I almost passed over it until I saw "The Silver Tower" after the title.

Apparently, GW has stealth announced a new edition of Warhammer Quest, to be released at the end of this month (a mere 7 days from tomorrow)...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame ... lver-tower

Now I never got to play the first iteration, but its legend precedes it. The fact that it is a soloable co-op dungeon crawl very much appeals to me, so I am highly interested. Of course, in perfect GW fashion, it will only be available at retailers (and select ones likely) or online at their approved vendors (including their website). Also, I think it is going to cost $150, although - to be far - that is pretty par for the GW course (and starting to be the regular price for Kickstarting a larger mini-heavy game).

Any thoughts? Is this work a look? I just happened to have a birthday and am sitting on exactly enough to grab this...
hentzau

Re: The Necromancer Stirs - ARISE WARHAMMER QUEST!

Post by hentzau »

If it looks like all of the new GW stuff, I'll pass. The one element of the old Warhammer that we never got into was Chaos, and this new stuff all seems to be centered around Chaos.

I still have all my WQ stuff down in the basement. I should break it out as a surprise for my gaming group some evening.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

US preorders are live. $150 ouch.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I expected that, but really, with games like Descent costing $70 that does not seem too bad. My only problem is that I think this is more of an entry fee as you will need more high-priced figures to flesh out the game in the future. Also, the number of dungeon tiles seems low.