Mansions of Madness - second edition

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hepcat

Re: Mansions of Madness - second edition

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote:They are from a bag of 25 Litko bases shipped Amazon Prime for $7. I tried pricing out larger bases for the mob and medium sized monsters, but the prices jump significantly. I founds some guy in Texas that has an eBay storefront and he sells them for a much cheaper price than Litko, but everything is bulk-order based and I'm not sure I need 25 mediums. Anyway, the smaller baggies of 25 will cover quite a few of the monsters and all of the investigators so IMHO it's $7 well spent.
I'm doing this now. I just can't put up with trying to get those smaller monsters to friggin' fit into those humongous bases anymore. :x
Covfefe!
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Picked up a copy of Beyond the Threshold physical expansion from my FLGS today for MSRP of $29.95. Saw it on Amazon from a 3rd party seller for $49.98 + $13.99 shipping. :evil:

They also had Recurring Nightmares which gets you the tiles and figures from the first edition if you don't already own it. And there's Suppressed Memories which add things from the 1st edition expansions, I believe, but which they did not have.
-mf
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You don't really get much for your 30 bucks, do you? I have a feeling Asmodee is influencing FFG more that I feared when it comes to value. :cry:
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

My copies of Beyond the Threshold and Suppressed Memories came in this week, so I should now have everything available (did not pick up Recurring Nightmares since I had the first edition).

I spent most of the day today building a foam core insert, which turned out incredible. Very, very happy with it. I was able to fit every minature/tile from first edition, 2nd edition, Suppressed Memories, and Beyond the Threshold in the 2nd edition box. There is some very slight rising (about a quarter of an inch) of the lid due to the overflow of tiles, but it's good enough to avoid having to carry around multiple boxes.

I did have to ditch all the original bases to make the minis fit, but that's something I was planning on doing anyway. I've already got about 15 minis re-based on to transparent round bases, and they look fantastic.