Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Arkham Horror - The Card Game

All discussions regarding Electronic, Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, Zaxxon

hepcat

Re: Arkham Horror - The Card Game

Post by hepcat » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:29 am

The wording on her card makes me think only the monster would take the +1 damage.
Spoiler:
Each investigator at your location gets +1 [Combat Skill] .
[Reaction] When an investigator at your location successfully attacks a Monster enemy: That investigator deals +1 damage.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Good point.
I was actually wondering about whether the +1 would apply if you were throwing the dynamite into another (adjoining) location. Specifically, from the parlor into the hallway.

Here's how this came up:
Lita was in the Parlor. The Ghoul Priest was in the Hallway with Wendy and Roland. Ghoul Priest had spawned and immediately engaged Roland. Wendy fled to the parlor and recruited Lita.
Roland evaded the Ghoul Priest (who became exhausted), fled to the parlor then threw dynamite into the hallway.
We decided that Lita's +1 to damage would apply, so the Ghoul Priest took 4 damage.
Was that right?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
He who haha's last, haha's best. ~ Nelson Muntz
Books Read in 2012
Books Read in 2013
Books Read in 2014
Books Read in 2015

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:26 pm

That sounds right to me. I would think that as long as the investigator is attacking a monster, he/she would get Lita's bonus, no matter the attacking investigator's location.
-Mr Bismarck

-Coopasonic

Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Thanks for your help, hepcat! I can usually find answers in the BGG forums, but not in this case.

We're really enjoying this game and are reading this thread to figure out which expansions to get (assuming we have friends who want to play this that much).
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
He who haha's last, haha's best. ~ Nelson Muntz
Books Read in 2012
Books Read in 2013
Books Read in 2014
Books Read in 2015

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:42 pm

I would still poke around BGG for definitive answers as I'm just going from my interpretation of the rules. I always try to find keywords in rules in order to clarify things for me. But you sometimes come across game designers who play a little fast and loose with that.

I'm keeping up with the game's expansions, even though I haven't played at all in months. I've got everything up to the Forgotten Age core. I even picked up the Labyrinths of Lunacy scenario pack, which is meant as a standalone that can be played epic style with up to 12 players (although I'll probably just play with much less than that :wink: ).

But I'm a sucker for all things Lovecraft.
-Mr Bismarck

-Coopasonic