Kickstarter and other crowdfunding platforms

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hepcat

Re: Kickstarter 2017

Post by hepcat »

<fingers crossed>

Seppe and I backed the double copy level. I'm really hoping they're coming this week! I can't wait to try Nemo's War. However, I've got company coming in Wednesday night and staying until next Monday, so it probably won't hit the table until next week even it does arrive this week.
He won. Period.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Mine *should* be here tomorrow, as it is supposedly at the post office less than a mile down the street. I am tempted to go down there and see if they will give it to me, but I doubt they will.
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

$iljanus wrote:My wife said a box arrived at our new house today and I think it's Nemo's War 2nd Edition. Unfortunately I'm at the apartment for our move so all I can see of my game is a picture of the nondescript brown shipping box. :(
Had you gotten an email shipping notice beforehand? I'm still waiting for my copy and haven't heard a thing.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Fishbelly wrote:
$iljanus wrote:My wife said a box arrived at our new house today and I think it's Nemo's War 2nd Edition. Unfortunately I'm at the apartment for our move so all I can see of my game is a picture of the nondescript brown shipping box. :(
Had you gotten an email shipping notice beforehand? I'm still waiting for my copy and haven't heard a thing.
I got an email a day after a shipping label was generated from Shipped Naked and it arrived not long afterwards.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Fishbelly wrote:Had you gotten an email shipping notice beforehand? I'm still waiting for my copy and haven't heard a thing.
I received a notice on Saturday from Ship Naked. According to the tracking number, it shipped out from Massachusetts on Friday, arrived in Seacaucus, NJ, on Saturday, and has been sitting there ever since.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

AWS260 wrote:
Fishbelly wrote:Had you gotten an email shipping notice beforehand? I'm still waiting for my copy and haven't heard a thing.
I received a notice on Saturday from Ship Naked. According to the tracking number, it shipped out from Massachusetts on Friday, arrived in Seacaucus, NJ, on Saturday, and has been sitting there ever since.
Same here, shipping notice on Saturday with no updates until today, when the item was basically here.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

So I received a big box today.

I think my collection is complete now.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Wow that's a lot of stuff!
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

hentzau wrote:A grand strategy game set in the world of 7th Sea, coming soon to Kickstarter.

And yes, I'll be backing it, even if I never have a chance to play the RPG.
$100 for the base game? Uff...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Plus shipping. $100 seems to be the new minimum for anything with miniatures. Good luck sir.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote:Epic AF (Awful Fantasy) has been launched. Its important to note it's a card game that uses the now abandoned Warhammer Quest adventure card game system designed by the Sadler brothers. They're also on board for this KS as well. Not being delivered until July of 2018 but that's because of the artwork.
aaaannnndddd cancelled. I'd actually backed this as I loved Warhammer Quest Adventure Card Game and a comedic take seemed fun. They're apparently going to relaunch after some changes are made. I guess there were a bunch of complaints about how the game looked or something. I don't know. If you let your comments section dictate your game's direction, you'll never get anything made. Well, anything good, that is. I mean, take some constructive criticism to heart, of course. But good god, comment sections can turn into a hive of scum and villainy in a New York minute.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I figured the comment section was part of it, but they also changed a whole bunch on the main page (to explain it wasn't a WQ game, clarify how many sets were needed, etc...) a few days ago. Without a game play video it came across as a bit half-assed (to me). It sounds like they need to tweak the presentation a bit, but I was also surprised at the number of people saying the game was too "low brow" and indicative of high school nerd D&D humor that they couldn't support it. I know there's an anti "nerd minstrel" group out there that hates shows like The Big Bang Theory and that's how some of the commentary came across for this game. I dunno. Sometimes a fun, light casual game is just fun.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Smoove_B wrote:Plus shipping. $100 seems to be the new minimum for anything with miniatures. Good luck sir.
The army miniatures are just horse heads. Really? Horse heads?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm going to buy a bunch of copies of Axis and Allies, throw in a handful of army men from a 4 dollar plastic bag filled with them that I got from a Dollar Store, and start a kickstarter for a deluxe version of the game. I'm thinking $150. $190 with domestic shipping. $420 for overseas.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just received notification that my Xia expansion is now en route courtesy of Amazon. Every KS project should be managed by Cody - he's awesome. I'm really looking forward to trying to get this to the table now with the modifications the expansion adds.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Smoove_B wrote:Just received notification that my Xia expansion is now en route courtesy of Amazon. Every KS project should be managed by Cody - he's awesome. I'm really looking forward to trying to get this to the table now with the modifications the expansion adds.
Ditto.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Hopefully zarathud has his copy by this weekend so we can play Saturday.
He won. Period.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

baelthazar wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:Plus shipping. $100 seems to be the new minimum for anything with miniatures. Good luck sir.
The army miniatures are just horse heads. Really? Horse heads?
I think there will be anoptional add-on to add horse armor... :ninja:
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

The Blood and Plunder expansion just went live today. I'm going to end up passing on it, I still haven't had a chance to put brush to figure on all of the stuff I got through the first wave.

See? I can grow and mature and evolve!
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Smoove_B wrote:Just received notification that my Xia expansion is now en route courtesy of Amazon. Every KS project should be managed by Cody - he's awesome. I'm really looking forward to trying to get this to the table now with the modifications the expansion adds.
I preordered this recently from his site. Hopefully that means I can get a copy soon too!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

My copy of Nemo's War should be here tomorrow. :D
He won. Period.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Sweet, mine arrived yesterday. 8-)
-mf
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

MonkeyFinger wrote:Sweet, mine arrived yesterday. 8-)
Mine too. It looks pretty good, but haven't had time to punch the tokens or look at the cards.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Got it! Nemo's War is one seriously gorgeous game. It doesn't seem as packed with content as Dawn of the Zeds 3rd Edition, but what is there looks great. I can't wait to tear into this one.
He won. Period.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Nemo's War lives up to its reputation. Just played my first game, and it was a blast. I lost horribly, of course.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

AWS260 wrote:Nemo's War lives up to its reputation. Just played my first game, and it was a blast. I lost horribly, of course.
That's great to hear. Perhaps once everyone is asleep and I can carve out a space since we're unpacking in the new house I can get in a game. Is set up pretty easy?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

There's a fair amount of bits to sort out, but it's very straightforward and explained clearly in the manual.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Thankfully the rule book doesn't look as convoluted as Dawn of the Zeds. It drove me bonkers that they split the rules up by game type, and made you refer to different sections for stuff that should have just been in turn order.
He won. Period.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

AWS260 wrote:Nemo's War lives up to its reputation. Just played my first game, and it was a blast. I lost horribly, of course.
From browsing the Nemo's War forum on BGG, I just realized that I messed up the scoring and missed a bunch of points. Maybe I didn't lose horribly! The world will never know.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Schrodinger's Nemo.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Kind of a different kickstarter for those interested in board games.

If anyone here listens to the dice tower podcast they have a segment called game tech (or apparently gametek) which is basically short segments about the history of certain game mechanics, etc. I've always found them really interesting.

Well the person behind them is kickstarting a book right now. I'm backing it.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Green Ronin Publishing has two great books on influential board games and how they influenced developers.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Chrisoc13 wrote:Kind of a different kickstarter for those interested in board games.

If anyone here listens to the dice tower podcast they have a segment called game tech (or apparently gametek) which is basically short segments about the history of certain game mechanics, etc. I've always found them really interesting.

Well the person behind them is kickstarting a book right now. I'm backing it.
Cool, thanks! Backed.
He won. Period.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I got about 2/3rds of the way through Nemo's War when my toddler returned home and saw all the choking hazards amazing pieces. I am not sure I was winning, but I feel like I was doing alright. I am still learning the ropes - it seems like I succeeded quite a bit but I also tended to exert resources in almost every roll. Also, I tended to only get about one action point per turn, as I tended to roll a lot of 5,6 and 3,4 combos.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Playing my first game of Nemo's War over a couple of anchor steams (appropriately enough) and it is indeed a blast. Can't recommend this enough. It is just oozing theme.
He won. Period.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

I finally got a spot setup with a table somewhere I can... cat-proof... and hope to spool up a game of Nemo's War this weekend. 8-)
-mf
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I just received Base Boss by Reaper. With the exception of a couple of add-ons I piggybacked on a friend's pledge, that's my last outstanding project.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sol; Last Days of a Dying Star received.

:horse:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Isgrimnur wrote:Sol; Last Days of a Dying Star received.

:horse:
Nice, I didn't know anyone else here had backed it. Mine is supposed to arrive Wednesday.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I just (pre)ordered the Broken Token insert for Gloomhaven.

I wonder which will come first, the insert or the game?

Then which will take longer, assembling the insert or finishing the campaign?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter