Kickstarter and other crowdfunding platforms

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Punisher

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Punisher »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:24 am
Punisher wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:54 pm Latest Zombicide..In Spaaaceee,,,

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cm ... =zombiecid
Why am I even looking at this? Whyyyyyyy??? I even clicked the remind button. Dammit Punisher.
Punisher wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:55 pm Is anyone having trouble using the remind me button? I tried 2 different browsers and a restart did not help. It just does nothing anymore, no matter what page I am on.
Also the button worked just fine for me this morning. (Chrome)
Thankfully the remind me button started working again just in time for this! Unless I have soem serious financial issues, I'm in for the $150 version...

I also backed this at the $75 level..
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ha ... =user_menu

Mostly for the first bullet point of that pledge!! Only 23 hours left..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Zarathud

Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Zarathud »

They're finally getting some recognizable sculpts. That's what got me hooked on Zombicide -- Ash and Hannibal Lecter vs. zombies.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

I'm not sure why I'm tempted... But I am. I'm tempted to dump all my original zombicide and go all in on this. It would significantly decrease storage space. But then I remember I don't even play zombicide ever anymore. Black plague had zero appeal to me. This though... This does... And I wouldn't mind updated ruleset and components...
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

baelthazar wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:29 pm I still have a fairly good condition copy of the original... so I wonder if I need to get this. :mrgreen:
That's really cool, I've never actually played the original. I think one of the coolest things about restoration games is that they aren't just bringing them back in print, but they are making them even better. I learned this last year with Stop Thief. I played the original growing up all the time, and loved it. So when I heard the were restoring it I was very excited. Last year I backed the kickstarter and I have to say it has not been a let down. The new version is incredible, even better than the original and up to date. Watching what they have done with fireball island it is a no brainer for me, it looks like plain simple fun with a lot of changes to bring it up to date for modern gaming. Honestly they are one of my favorite companies around right now just for the really cool work they are doing. And best of all... they are taking requests for games to do next.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Got my core game box for 7th Continent. I have to admit to having some second thoughts about it now due to the lack of replayability. Earlier reviews I read on bgg seemed to say it had some, but the ones I’ve read over the last few months seem to say otherwise.

Ah well, if I can get 50 hours or so out of the core, maybe the expansion and stretch reward curses will add in enough to make it less of an issue for me.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, my copy arrived as well. It's all punched and sorted and I read the rules. Replayability? At the rate I'm going, being able to start and finish something would be amazing.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Got mine today too. I'll probably never get around to it so... Replayability won't be an issue here haha
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I’m going to start the first curse solo tomorrow after work. I’m probably just going to follow along with the YouTube video tutorials the makers posted. I may play a few rounds to get the rules down, then restart in earnest.

I’ll be pairing it with a six of Anchor Steam. I feel that should capture the explorer theme quite nicely.
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Chrisoc13 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 pm Got mine today too. I'll probably never get around to it so... Replayability won't be an issue here haha
Put in about 4 hours with it this weekend in a solo attempt. The first couple of hours just to get the rules down, then I restarted in earnest.

I think the feeling I get most from this one is the same one I got when I first played Robinson Crusoe. It’s a crafting and survival game first, an exploration game second.

I’ve been playing Victor Frankenstein and he just rocks. Decent “healing” and some pretty powerful character skills.
He won. Period.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

hepcat wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:14 pm
Chrisoc13 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 pm Got mine today too. I'll probably never get around to it so... Replayability won't be an issue here haha
Put in about 4 hours with it this weekend in a solo attempt. The first couple of hours just to get the rules down, then I restarted in earnest.

I think the feeling I get most from this one is the same one I got when I first played Robinson Crusoe. It’s a crafting and survival game first, an exploration game second.

I’ve been playing Victor Frankenstein and he just rocks. Decent “healing” and some pretty powerful character skills.
I need to get this back on the table at some point. Last OctoCon was the last time I played...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

I received the box with Nemo's War - Second Edition while I was at home for lunch I but didn't have time to open it. Hopefully it will be an enjoyable solo experience. I'm gravitating towards solo games now as the Moat_Kids don't seem to want to play games with me much anymore. :(
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It is an excellent solo experience. You chose well.
He won. Period.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Moat_Man wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:54 pm I received the box with Nemo's War - Second Edition while I was at home for lunch I but didn't have time to open it. Hopefully it will be an enjoyable solo experience. I'm gravitating towards solo games now as the Moat_Kids don't seem to want to play games with me much anymore. :(
:oops: It was 7th continent wave 1. My bad. Nemo's War is targeted for delivery in September of this year.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh, in that case, HUGE mistake.

<I keed, I keed...it’s also very fun solo>
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Why am I even looking at this? Whyyyyyyy??? I even clicked the remind button. Dammit Punisher.
And I just backed it. Anybody want a copy of Zombicide Black Plague?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:33 pm

And I just backed it. Anybody want a copy of Zombicide Black Plague?
Maybe.. PM me a price. Not sure if j can afford it right now, but it can't hurt to get a price
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

The estates. This game was previously known as Neue Heimat. Itis one of the ebst pure auction games I have ever played. It is quick, and really gets to the core of what an auction game should be.

I'm in for it even though someone in my group has Neue Heimat because it has been out of print and hard to get for some time and it really is a great pure auction game. Be warned though, it is ruthless.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Looks good. Now add 134 miniatures, a solo mode and a digital app and I'm in!
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The new Hellboy board game has 108 miniatures and supports solo play, if that helps? Not sure if an app is coming with stretch goals. :D
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Now why did you have to show that to me. I'm a hellboy fanboy, damn it. :x
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Re: Kickstarter 2018

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:55 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:43 pm Since it got misplaced in the 2017 thread (see the Meta forum about that), I'll echo this here: Batman: Gothan City Chronicles is currently at 2.8 million dollars with 20 days to go. It is a Batman themed miniatures board game which is, from what I've heard, based on the Conan rules from a few years ago (same developer.) They've created three others in the past, and it looks like they've delivered all three in playable condition and on time, and have actively supported the game after launch.

I love this game. It's pretty pricey, but the kids, who I've turned into almost as big of DC fans as I am, have decided to chip in some of their saved allowance money (and they spend very little), so I should be able to get in on the lowest tier.

And they're at the 24 hour mark.
Just got the pledge manager. $45 for shipping... (for the all in level)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And they added in Spoiler as a freebie. A few people were pissed that she was on the box art but not in the game. They left her out because she didn't add much to the gameplay (she's sort of a Robin-lite), but she was the only member of the current Bat family that wasn't in there.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Yesterday I played a demo of Fire Tower. It's basically fighting wildfires as a competitive sport -- each player is in a firetower in one corner of the board, creating firebreaks and calling in smokejumpers to direct the raging inferno away of your tower and toward the other players. Last tower standing wins.

We played a four-player free-for-all, which ended in victory for my wife, who managed to build a tenuous-but-effective line of firebreaks around her tower. I died in a fire.

I think this is a good choice for families, especially those that like competitive games. It's about as easy to pick up as Blokus, but more straightforwardly aggressive.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Fire Tower was actually setup at the table next to mine at the Champlain Games Festival a few weeks ago. I didn't have a chance to play it but one of my crew did and really enjoyed it.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Just got my copy of Renegade from Victory Point Games and Ricky Royal. Folks are calling it a faster Mage Knight. I really hope that’s true, but I’ve heard that claim a lot in the past. It does have a full solo mode though. So I’ll give it a whirl this weekend.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Spoiler:
We're incredibly excited to announce #OneWeekUltimateWerewolf, coming to #Kickstarter on May 14! Can you sniff out the werewolf among you before the week is up?

Find out more in Chris Wray's preview video here: https://bezier.games/OneWeekPreview
It's almost as if people are the problem.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

An interesting update from the Hands in the Sea kickstarter today. The publisher/designer posts an unboxing video of a final production copy -- in which he discovers a problem (skip ahead to the 16-minute mark for the issue). The card stock is lighter than what he had ordered (and promised in the kickstarter). It's the first time I've watched a creator unboxing video with the impromptu line, "This really sucks."

In the end, this just means that delivery is going to be delayed while the manufacturing company replaces the cards. But I think it's a great example of transparent backer communications.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Damn. I could spend some money here...

Laser Terrain Company Sci-Fi terrain
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Kickstarter squared - Gloomhaven on my Duchess
Enlarge Image
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

We just flipped our mat to the blue side too.

Have you looked at the apps that are available. The Gloomhaven Helper is pretty sweet. I'm hoping it will free up a lot of the space (we have 4 players, it's a bit crowded). It's really cool that I can set up my tablet as the server and others can connect as clients. I'm also probably going to use the campaign tracker app.

Edit: Though... after spending on the Broken Token organizer, you probably want to use it for a while... :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

My Rising Sun Broken Token organizer is now completed and everything fits in the two boxes.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Zarathud wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:32 am My Rising Sun Broken Token organizer is now completed and everything fits in the two boxes.
How do you like it? I went with the Go7 insert instead because I really hated the Broken Token insert for Blood Rage. The Go7 insert is pretty nice, my only complaint is that the faction screens don't fit in their respective faction boxes.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

The faction screens for Broken Token insert don't fit inside the faction box either, sadly. There's almost but not quite enough room to put them in the monster tray.

But I like how the BT insert lets me move the sets around the 2 boxes. The combat tray is also very nice.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Help my memory. A few years back there was a crowdfunded first person RPG announced that people were getting really excited about. It looked like a dungeon crawler, and was introduced with a very well-received video. I don't remember much else about it other than a bridge over a chasm and lots of puzzles.

What was it? Did it ever get released, and was it any good?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Crusader Kings The Board Game

And just to tempt you even more:
The Standard Edition of the game contains 70 beautifully crafted plastic miniatures of approximately 30 mm height, of knights, footsoldiers (both in five different designs, one for each major culture in the game), and mighty castles. All miniatures are sculpted by the talented artist Anton Angheluta, founder and leader of Atelier Angheluta.
The Royal Edition contains at least four additional figures, two each of Navy ships and the Spymaster councilor. The Royal Edition will be expanded with more unique miniatures if we exceed our base funding goal.
Standard ~$69 before shipping.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I had a look at the rulebook earlier. The game sounds pretty good but those minis are on the poor side of mediocre. I think I would prefer a $15 cheaper version without them.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Shadowrun: Sprawl Ops. Hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere (which I thought was surprising). It's a dice-chucking worker placement...Shadowrun game? Seems...different.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Solomon Kane. It's burning through stretch goals right now. Not entirely sure what to make of it. Seems like a dice allocation game with heavy choose your own adventure elements and tactical mini combat.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Interesting looking game. I backed it just to get in on the early bird pricing, but odds are I may back out of it. While I like the general idea of Solomon Kane, I really only know him from comic books and not a huge fan.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The minis do look pretty damn good, I'll give them that. From what I understand, it's a game that requires 4 people to play. You can play with 2 people or solo, but you'll need to double up (or play 4 roles). They're apparently testing some modifications that would allow for a tweaked 2 player version, but they haven't committed to it actually happening yet. I'm intrigued, but not sold.