Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Kickstarter (Merged)

All discussions regarding Electronic, Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, Zaxxon

MonkeyFinger

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by MonkeyFinger » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:06 am

Haven't really looked at it yet but Nemesis arrived yesterday. Has some interesting "extras" in it from their other games, including a metal coin and "art book" from Tainted Grail.
-mf

Lordnine

Post by Lordnine » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:04 pm

My copy of Nemesis arrived as well.

Rules look like they have improved quite a bit since the KS. I played a couple rounds on TTS back then and everything looks all around better. I am surprised by the size difference between the aliens and the humans; the humans are about 1/4 the size of the larger aliens. Detail on the aliens is great, detail on the humans is merely OK. One of my humans also looks like his face was melted a little so that is a bit disappointing.

Overall though it is a great package.

TheMix
Away

Post by TheMix » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Lordnine wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:04 pm
My copy of Nemesis arrived as well.

Rules look like they have improved quite a bit since the KS. I played a couple rounds on TTS back then and everything looks all around better. I am surprised by the size difference between the aliens and the humans; the humans are about 1/4 the size of the larger aliens. Detail on the aliens is great, detail on the humans is merely OK. One of my humans also looks like his face was melted a little so that is a bit disappointing.

Overall though it is a great package.
Have you been keeping up with the updates? There was an issue with one of the molds. The soldier? They are offering replacements.

Edit: Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aw ... ts/2372035
Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.

Lordnine

Post by Lordnine » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:53 pm

Yeah I am aware of that issue. Mine is actually the scientist. If the whole model was like the soldier I would be more concerned but it is really just his face so I am not sure if it's worth putting in for a replacement.

TheMix
Away

Post by TheMix » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:19 pm

Lordnine, you weren't kidding about the size difference.

I'll try to post a picture later.
Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.

MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Just had to run off and double-check mine... no melty ones. :)
-mf

TheMix
Away

Post by TheMix » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:16 pm

Mine were fine as well. I suspect that in my case it is because I got their sundrop option. They probably reserved the early runs for that since it would require more time.

Here's a pic showing the size difference between the characters and the bigger alien creatures.

Punisher

Post by Punisher » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:07 pm

Just got mine the other day. no melty ones so yay! No idea when I'm gonna get it to the table as I have a huge gaming backlog and I am currently in the process of re-organizing everything.
I do think that the bottom part of the box could have been another inch or so deeper so that it fully fit the components without them "overflowing" the box. Note: I haven't punched them yet, so maybe it wont matter.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

TheMix
Away

Post by TheMix » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:17 am

It's still crowded. Especially if you want to add the extras.

So far the only real disappointment is the box itself. Since everything fits just barely, you have to push the sides out a bit to get things out. I had two corners tear. I also have a tiny bit of separation on one of the board corners. But that's easily glue-able. Oh, and I found a bit off one of the aliens, but I haven't figured out which one, so it's obviously not that big an issue.

Lordnine

Post by Lordnine » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:01 pm

What extras have you received? I thought everything other than the core game was coming later? With everything punched I have no trouble getting everything to fit. The only thing I moved was the dice into the empty extra card spaced on the bottom layer. I suppose if you need that space for sleeves there could be a tight fit but that isn’t going to be an issue for me.

Also, I have all of my aliens primed for detail touch ups now. :)
Enlarge Image

TheMix
Away

Post by TheMix » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:55 pm

Art book and coin. Those won't go into the box. However, the comic book should... I think. My recollection is that it is actually used during play. Also there is a sheet of cardboard components... I'm not sure what they are for. But I assume they will also need to go into the box.

Lordnine

Post by Lordnine » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:48 pm

Ah, the art book and coin are actually not for Nemesis.

The comic book is used for the co-op campaign and the cardboard bits go with that as well. For some reason I didn’t consider them part of the game but I suppose they are.

Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Woot! Dinogenics shipped today