Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Month renewal is up Oct 21/2019. $1337.51 USD of roughly $1700 USD (CDN conversion) as of Sept 1/2019. Paypal Donation Link Here

Kickstarter (Merged)

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Post Reply
User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!
hepcat’s avatar
Offline

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by hepcat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Smoove_B wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:38 am
Hasn't been an update from Ulisses Spiele for the latest Aventuria KS in almost a month, but apparently they were selling copies of it at GenCon? There goes any faith I have in them to resurrect the Myth license.
That's disappointing. :cry:
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

User avatar
Blackhawk
Posts: 26870
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Southwest Indiana
Contact:
Blackhawk’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Blackhawk » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Smoove_B wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:38 am
Hasn't been an update from Ulisses Spiele for the latest Aventuria KS in almost a month, but apparently they were selling copies of it at GenCon? There goes any faith I have in them to resurrect the Myth license.
I was at their booth to pick up some Torg stuff, and they had a bunch of Aventuria stuff, but I don't know whether it was the KS stuff or not.

I had a nice talk with the Torg Eternity designer about original Torg, though, and he gave me a hefty discount on a couple of items.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 39845
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Smoove_B » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:48 pm

They did have it, yes.



That's really cool about Torg - glad to see you're still into it. I loved the system, though we never played. Still have a ton of those original books.

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 39845
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Smoove_B » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm

hepcat wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:54 pm
Smoove_B wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:38 am
Hasn't been an update from Ulisses Spiele for the latest Aventuria KS in almost a month, but apparently they were selling copies of it at GenCon? There goes any faith I have in them to resurrect the Myth license.
That's disappointing. :cry:
Did you read the update they just pushed out? Maybe it's a translation issue, but to me it reads like "Sorry/Not Sorry we sold advanced copies." And to then cap it with not having any idea when it will actually ship to backers? Whatever faith I had in them just vaporized.

User avatar
Anonymous Bosch
Posts: 7473
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:09 pm
Location: Northern California [originally from the UK]

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Anonymous Bosch » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:15 pm

Smoove_B wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm
hepcat wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:54 pm
Smoove_B wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:38 am
Hasn't been an update from Ulisses Spiele for the latest Aventuria KS in almost a month, but apparently they were selling copies of it at GenCon? There goes any faith I have in them to resurrect the Myth license.
That's disappointing. :cry:
Did you read the update they just pushed out? Maybe it's a translation issue, but to me it reads like "Sorry/Not Sorry we sold advanced copies." And to then cap it with not having any idea when it will actually ship to backers? Whatever faith I had in them just vaporized.
Heh. Their latest update concludes:

"Sadly, this means the fulfillment of the Kickstarter orders is still several weeks out and we can not give you an exact shipping date. However, as soon as we have the exact dates we will give you an update. We are very sorry about the confusion this caused but it is in part due to all the work we are doing behind the scenes as well as our desire to get you this, and various other products, as soon as humanly possible."

So, you see, the delay is somehow caused by all of the conscientious labour they are performing behind the scenes along with their desire to, uh, get you the product ASAP.
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." -- Daniel Webster

User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!
hepcat’s avatar
Offline

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by hepcat » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:40 pm

Yeah, the update did strike me as less than sincere when I read it.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

User avatar
TheMix
Posts: 7290
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:19 pm
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
TheMix’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by TheMix » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:18 pm

I'm having flashbacks to Shadows of Brimstone. Though these guys at least haven't hit you up for more money, right?
Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.

User avatar
Zarathud
Posts: 13784
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:29 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Zarathud » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:49 pm

I am waiting on that for the Eclipse: Second Dawn. The last update was “Lautapelit hasn’t confirmed any dates, but we expect October. Maybe.” Sigh.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal. - Nixon
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6387
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by RMC » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:52 am

Zarathud wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:49 pm
I am waiting on that for the Eclipse: Second Dawn. The last update was “Lautapelit hasn’t confirmed any dates, but we expect October. Maybe.” Sigh.
Same here...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 39845
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Smoove_B » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:20 am

I was waiting for the shoe to drop on CMON's Cthulhu game. "Late October and into November" now for the base pledges - originally scheduled for delivery last month. I guess ~4 months slippage isn't terrible, but I really thought CMON had this down to a science? I haven't backed a project by them since S2 of Zombicide, so maybe my impressions are off.
TheMix wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:18 pm
I'm having flashbacks to Shadows of Brimstone. Though these guys at least haven't hit you up for more money, right?
For SoB my impression was always that they over-promised and just never had (have?) the ability to crank out the volume of stuff they are seemingly capable of raising money for. I don't know much about Ulisses Spiele with respect to KS, but my impression (so far) is that whatever else they do to pay the bills (non-KS projects) is a priority. With only around 500 backers for this new Aventuria KS project, my gut feeling is that it's just not something they're really focused on doing. But printing up retail copies to sell at GenCon? Absolutely. I guess Flying Frog is sort of the same in that they did start retailing things that backers were supposed to get, so maybe your comparison isn't too far off.

User avatar
NickAragua
Posts: 4471
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:20 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by NickAragua » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:43 am

Well, the Battletech: Clan Invasion kickstarter broke 2 million last night (from the initial goal of 30k), so that means that everyone at $20 and above gets a free Urbanmech. Uh, probably like four years from now when they finally get all that stuff made and shipped.

User avatar
Lordnine
Posts: 5685
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:09 pm
Location: Burlington, VT

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Lordnine » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:19 am

Zarathud wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:49 pm
I am waiting on that for the Eclipse: Second Dawn. The last update was “Lautapelit hasn’t confirmed any dates, but we expect October. Maybe.” Sigh.
This is the first campaign I ever backed at the $1 level and then didn't upgrade to a full pledge. I love Eclipse but everything about the Kickstarter has been an endless parade of red flags.

User avatar
coopasonic
Posts: 16076
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Dallas-ish
coopasonic’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by coopasonic » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:29 am

Smoove_B wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:20 am
I was waiting for the shoe to drop on CMON's Cthulhu game. "Late October and into November" now for the base pledges - originally scheduled for delivery last month. I guess ~4 months slippage isn't terrible, but I really thought CMON had this down to a science? I haven't backed a project by them since S2 of Zombicide, so maybe my impressions are off.
There is no science to manufacture and shipping. The latest zombicide (Invader) showed up pretty much "on time".... so three months late. Just like a software project, stuff comes up that delays. If you pad your timeline for the delays you will just get more delays.
-Coop

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 39845
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Smoove_B » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:34 am

From poking around, it would seem the manufacturing and shipping of Death May Die wasn't the delay - it was the design. It was late getting to printer/manufacturer (maybe because CMON is juggling too much, I don't know) so it was then bumped in the production queue. I am pretty confident they wanted it for GenCon, which is why they had a July date. I really had thought CMON was on top of things, but yeah, I know a 12 week delay is absolutely normal, particularly with anything involving miniatures.

That being said, Aftershock is en route now and *in theory* could be arriving ahead of the October delivery date. Brook City was almost 2 months early to the distributor and just sat there because of the contract delivery agreement. I don't think they're using the same fulfillment center for After Shock so here's hoping...

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Punisher » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:59 pm

coopasonic wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:29 am
Smoove_B wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:20 am
I was waiting for the shoe to drop on CMON's Cthulhu game. "Late October and into November" now for the base pledges - originally scheduled for delivery last month. I guess ~4 months slippage isn't terrible, but I really thought CMON had this down to a science? I haven't backed a project by them since S2 of Zombicide, so maybe my impressions are off.
There is no science to manufacture and shipping. The latest zombicide (Invader) showed up pretty much "on time".... so three months late. Just like a software project, stuff comes up that delays. If you pad your timeline for the delays you will just get more delays.
I've already decided that if I ever do a Kickstarter I'm gonna determine the ship date to the best of my ability then tack on a year or two to my estimate delivery date. :)
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
AWS260
Posts: 10483
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by AWS260 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:29 pm

Reigns: The Mobile Game: The Tabletop Game kickstarter.

This is a party game, so not my ball of wax. But Reigns: Her Majesty is one my favorite mobile games.

User avatar
Lordnine
Posts: 5685
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:09 pm
Location: Burlington, VT

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Lordnine » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:10 am

I’ve had a ton of KS deliver over the last couple weeks.

Barrage: Component quality is a horrible joke but the game is getting high reviews beside the production issues. It looks like my copy avoided most of the really bad issues but it is still flimsy cardboard and has some seriously puzzleing production choices. Still looking forward to giving it a shot.

Lifeform: Alien in a box? Actually looks very solid and far less fiddly than Nemesis. I like Nemesis a lot but I am hoping this one will be unique enough to stand out and play a little faster. Early BGG reviews are looking good.

The Artemis Project: Medium weight die placement game. Nice production, mechanics seem solid.

Rurik: Dawn of Kiev: Really impressive production quality on this one, especially for a smaller developer. Mechanics are tight if a bit light. This is the only one of the these I have actually played but I am really happy with it after one play. Feels a bit like Scythe but maybe a bit easier to pick up for new players.

Cloud Spire: I got the shipping notification for this one this morning. Easily one of my most anticipated games of the year.

And because this clearly wasn’t enough games…I see my non-ks copy of new edition of Dune has shipped as well….help me…

User avatar
AWS260
Posts: 10483
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by AWS260 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:09 am

Lordnine wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:10 am
….help me…
You got it. Just drop those in the post to my address, and you'll never have to think about them again.

User avatar
Kasey Chang
Posts: 17328
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:20 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Kasey Chang » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:01 am

Kasey Chang wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:42 pm
I am more of an EDC guy. I backed the following projects:

TiPen -- a TINY EDC pen that fits on a keychain, available in Titanium, Aluminum, or even Tungsten.

NILS 2.0 -- a USB charging cable that can be worn like a bracelet, and cheaper than the generic crappy stuff you find on Amazon (starts at $6)

Mjolnir -- an EDC wallet that fits cards, cash, coins, and has a "card ejector" :)

Travel Tool Roll -- imagine your travel daily valet (shampoo, razer, anti-perspirant, toothbrush, etc.) as a "tool roll" instead of the regular layout.
Add 2 more

uCast -- a wearable magnet mount for phones and stuff

Tracpoint -- a mini travel mouse that is smaller and better than anything else on the market.
My game FAQs | Join Massdrop and see what sort of deals they have! | Playing: ADR1FT, Frontier Pilot Simulator

User avatar
Ralph-Wiggum
Posts: 15692
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 am

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Ralph-Wiggum » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:04 pm

Lordnine wrote: And because this clearly wasn’t enough games…I see my non-ks copy of new edition of Dune has shipped as well….help me…
Dune looks like the type of game that I always think I will like but that never clicks for me. Still, I would like to give it a try at some point.

Side note: the Shut Up & Sit Down review of Dune is perhaps my favorite review they’ve done. Lots of great call backs to their previous review of Silk.

User avatar
Zarathud
Posts: 13784
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:29 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Zarathud » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:42 pm

The SUSD review is what I would expect, having the original Dune. You'll either love it or hate it. And even if you love it, you can screw yourself hard by a miscalculation. I played Atriedies defending and knew exactly what I needed to defend a battle -- but forgot ties go to the attacker, not the defender. Being stingy with that 1 credit cost me hours of rebuilding to even get to play a spoiler.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal. - Nixon
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867

User avatar
YellowKing
Posts: 25512
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:02 pm

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by YellowKing » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Some people don't like the SUSD reviews due to how critical they can be, but I typically find they're pretty accurate. I like that they're not afraid to point out shortcomings even in heavily hyped games.

EzeKieL
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:41 am
Contact:

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by EzeKieL » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:24 pm

Lordnine wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:10 am
I’ve had a ton of KS deliver over the last couple weeks.

The Artemis Project: Medium weight die placement game. Nice production, mechanics seem solid.
The solo variant is great too!
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->

User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!
hepcat’s avatar
Offline

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by hepcat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:48 pm

YellowKing wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:00 pm
Some people don't like the SUSD reviews due to how critical they can be, but I typically find they're pretty accurate. I like that they're not afraid to point out shortcomings even in heavily hyped games.
They’re never really cruel though. Some reviewers seem to revel in ridiculing a game they don’t like, but the SUSD gang tell you why they don’t like a game in a good natured and thoughtful manner. Heck, they sometimes seem apologetic when criticizing a game’s flaws.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

User avatar
Ralph-Wiggum
Posts: 15692
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 am

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Ralph-Wiggum » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:26 pm

I can't remember a review by SUSD that I've ever really disagreed with. And their reviews have certainly gotten me to buy games I probably otherwise wouldn't have known about (Quacks of Quidlinberg, Quest for El Dorado, etc). I certainly tend to agree with them more than some other reviewers *coughtTomVasselcough* .

User avatar
Blackhawk
Posts: 26870
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Southwest Indiana
Contact:
Blackhawk’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Blackhawk » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:47 pm

SUSD has been my first stop for some time now. They come across as honest, while many reviewers come across as afraid to piss off the publishers. Besides, there are very few reviews as long as theirs that I'll watch all the way through just for the entertainment factor. Dice Tower, for instance, has quality reviews, but I can only watch a guy stand in front of a shelf for so long.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

User avatar
MonkeyFinger
Posts: 3054
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: South of Denver, CO

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by MonkeyFinger » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:03 am

Agree on the SUSD comments and not a big shelf fan either. lol Went to see what the new version of Dune was all about and thought "28 minutes? I'm not going to sit through all that." and yet... I did! :wink:
-mf

User avatar
Zarathud
Posts: 13784
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:29 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Zarathud » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:02 am

If you’re unable to sit through the SUSD review, Dune is not for you.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal. - Nixon
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867

User avatar
Jag
Posts: 14084
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:24 pm
Location: SoFla
Jag’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Jag » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Interesting D&D-ish fifth edition type game that went up today.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister Might Be the Dungeons and Dragons Video Game We Deserve
The problem, if there is one, is that though these incredible, iconic, masterful fantasy video games exist, translating the experience of Dungeons & Dragons into a video game is apparently pretty damn hard. I mean it makes sense, right? How do you cram a game system that lets you do literally anything you can imagine, within an incredibly complex ruleset no less, into a video game? You can’t really design for that. But that’s why I’m so excited by what I played of Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Without dipping too deeply into hyperbole, Solasta – at least from the little I’ve played thus far – seems like one of the best attempts at turning the intangibles of the tabletop experience into video game ones and zeros.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ta ... rm=solasta

Image

Free early alpha demo out on Steam now. Might back it.

User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!
hepcat’s avatar
Offline

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by hepcat » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:17 am

hepcat wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 pm
In other news, my Hexplore It 2nd edition base game and the new Forests of <insert generic fantasy name here> arrived today. I do not know why I keep up with this game as it frustrates me every time I play. But I see...something...in it. :?
I give up on the Hexplore It series. I own both games and I tried yet again to find some fun in it this past Sunday with a two player game...and almost immediately regretted it. I just end up doing the same thing with my character over and over again in battles without any variation whatsoever (as does the other players), the level progression is bland and boring, and loot is equally as unexciting. I've already spent too much on this "experiment" trying to search for anything likeable in the game for me. I need to just stop doing that. If I play a game once or twice and don't enjoy it, just let it go.

Now I need to dump these on ebay or something. Thankfully, they'll probably fetch a decent price as there are some fans of the games out there.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!
hepcat’s avatar
Offline

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by hepcat » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:51 pm

Anonymous Bosch wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:15 pm
Smoove_B wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm
hepcat wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:54 pm
Smoove_B wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:38 am
Hasn't been an update from Ulisses Spiele for the latest Aventuria KS in almost a month, but apparently they were selling copies of it at GenCon? There goes any faith I have in them to resurrect the Myth license.
That's disappointing. :cry:
Did you read the update they just pushed out? Maybe it's a translation issue, but to me it reads like "Sorry/Not Sorry we sold advanced copies." And to then cap it with not having any idea when it will actually ship to backers? Whatever faith I had in them just vaporized.
Heh. Their latest update concludes:

"Sadly, this means the fulfillment of the Kickstarter orders is still several weeks out and we can not give you an exact shipping date. However, as soon as we have the exact dates we will give you an update. We are very sorry about the confusion this caused but it is in part due to all the work we are doing behind the scenes as well as our desire to get you this, and various other products, as soon as humanly possible."

So, you see, the delay is somehow caused by all of the conscientious labour they are performing behind the scenes along with their desire to, uh, get you the product ASAP.
Looks like they're about to start shipping! At least they say as much on their facebook page.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

User avatar
coopasonic
Posts: 16076
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Dallas-ish
coopasonic’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by coopasonic » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:57 pm

Yay another game I will likely never get played. This resurgence in kickstarter backing for me is a problem. Someone please stop me!

Edit: Just checked my kickstarter listings and it looks like I should have 3 more games between now and the BGG.CON in November. I already have 3-4 unplayed on my shelf.
-Coop

User avatar
AWS260
Posts: 10483
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by AWS260 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:10 pm

coopasonic wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:57 pm
Yay another game I will likely never get played. This resurgence in kickstarter backing for me is a problem. Someone please stop me!
I will make you the same offer I made Lordnine.
AWS260 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:09 am
Just drop those in the post to my address, and you'll never have to think about them again.

User avatar
coopasonic
Posts: 16076
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Dallas-ish
coopasonic’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by coopasonic » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:22 pm

If Gotham City Chronicles wasn't so damn big it would already be on the way (I mean I also hope to recoup some of my costs on that one too).
-Coop

User avatar
YellowKing
Posts: 25512
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:02 pm

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by YellowKing » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:46 pm

Also the Sadlers let slip a digital version of Street Masters is in the works. Because the only thing I like better than a swift kick in the nuts is knowing that I spent $200 on a KS board game that is getting a $20 digital version.

I know it shouldn't matter because digital has its place and analog has its place. But I can tell you right now I'd have never bought One Deck Dungeon had I played the digital version first, and I'd have DEFINITELY never bought Scythe had I played its digital version first.
Last edited by YellowKing on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 39845
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Smoove_B » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:47 pm

Oh boy. Well...there is peace in holding board gaming bits - and they'll work even during a hurricane. :)

User avatar
hepcat
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Home of the triple homicide!
hepcat’s avatar
Offline

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by hepcat » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:09 pm

YellowKing wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:46 pm
Also the Sadlers let slip a digital version of Street Masters is in the works. Because the only thing I like better than a swift kick in the nuts is knowing that I spent $200 on a KS board game that is getting a $20 digital version.

I know it shouldn't matter because digital has its place and analog has its place. But I can tell you right now I'd have never bought One Deck Dungeon had I played the digital version first, and I'd have DEFINITELY never bought Scythe had I played its digital version first.
Yeah, I hate that I feel the same way, but I do. I feel like the guy who refuses to switch to digital recordings from old phonographs at times.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

User avatar
Blackhawk
Posts: 26870
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Southwest Indiana
Contact:
Blackhawk’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Blackhawk » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:44 am

A big part of the appeal of board games to me is that I'm not at my computer while I'm playing them. Whether I'm working on a project, reading a book, watching a film, or playing a game, I'm constantly staring at one screen or another. It's really nice to interact with actual objects from time to time.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

User avatar
AWS260
Posts: 10483
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by AWS260 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:25 pm

A dice tower and tray that I kickstarted earlier this year.

Image

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21303
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Holman » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Zarathud wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:42 pm
The SUSD review is what I would expect, having the original Dune. You'll either love it or hate it. And even if you love it, you can screw yourself hard by a miscalculation. I played Atriedies defending and knew exactly what I needed to defend a battle -- but forgot ties go to the attacker, not the defender. Being stingy with that 1 credit cost me hours of rebuilding to even get to play a spoiler.
I *loved* the SUSD Dune video, but I think it's also a perfect example of their bias towards games that can be taught quickly and played in a short evening (or played in a long evening along with a couple others). Quinns kept calling it heavy, but it's not really a heavy game rule-wise at all. It just has many thematic rules exceptions.

Did they mention Diplomacy (the game, not the concept)? Because I've always thought of Dune as basically one-sitting Diplomacy.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

Post Reply