[CMON] A Song of Ice and Fire Tabletop Miniatures Game

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Smoove_B

[CMON] A Song of Ice and Fire Tabletop Miniatures Game

Post by Smoove_B »

Coming to KS in Q3 of this year:

Enlarge Image
The A Song of Ice and Fire: Tabletop Miniatures Game lets players take control of their favorite Houses from the novels, represented by trays of high-quality, pre-assembled miniatures, and lead them into battle against their opponents. Players can recreate their favorite moments from the series or create their own stories. What if the Red Wedding never happened, and Robb Stark assaulted King’s Landing? Now fans can find out!

Battles can range from large-scale wars with hundreds of miniatures, to simple skirmishes between a few units without complicating the elegantly designed rules. The game features several unique systems, including alternating activations that keep the players engaged; a Rank System that changes a unit’s capabilities as the battle rages on; a Tactics System that provides strategic powers fueled by a finite resource each round; and, most importantly, the iconic Heroes, such as Robb Stark and Jaime Lannister, that can change the course of war both on and off the battlefield.
As if they needed another license to print money.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Punisher

Re: [CMON] A Song of Ice and Fire Tabletop Miniatures Game

Post by Punisher »

Just glad they aren't running it now. Gives me time to save up.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

This may help me pass on Rising Sun.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Robb Stark was headed to Casterly Rock, not Kings Landing, when the Red Wedding happened.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think they meant that if he had survived the Red Wedding, he would've gone on to attack King's Landing. Not that he was traveling to King's Landing and took a side trip to the Red Wedding. :P
Covfefe!
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

In for three!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote:I think they meant that if he had survived the Red Wedding, he would've gone on to attack King's Landing. Not that he was traveling to King's Landing and took a side trip to the Red Wedding. :P
I get that, but it's hard to imagine a scenario where he assaults King's Landing. He's trying to liberate the North, so you figure in a scenario where he actually has the troops to take King's Landing (after assaulting and capturing Casterly Rock), the Lannisters would already be suing for peace by then.

I demand fully plausible scenarios from my fantasy tabletop miniatures games!
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

More information posted on the site:
A Song of Ice and Fire: Tabletop Miniatures Game lets you recreate your favorite moments from the book series, as well as any sort of “what if…?” scenarios you and your friends might come up with. The game begins shortly after King Robert Baratheon has died. From there, it’s up to you to see how things turn out in Westeros. Perhaps the Red Wedding never happened and Robb Stark assaulted King’s Landing. Or what if the Battle of Riverrun turned out differently? Hero models in the game will also have different versions with varying stats, abilities, and sculpts depending on the point in the novels they are pulled from.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Kickstarter date has been announced:
The call to war has been sounded, and on July 25 at 3:00pm EST, A Song of Ice and Fire: Tabletop Miniatures Game (ASOIF:TMG) from CMON and Dark Sword Miniatures, Inc, launches on Kickstarter. Based on the hit novels by George R.R. Martin, ASOIF:TMG will let fans experience their favorite characters and the world they live in like never before.
I'll update the OP when it actually happens.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Kickstarter is live... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cm ... tures-game

Part of me is intrigued simply because I love the source material, but I've gotten into the Runewars Miniatures Game (been busy painting, will post an update at some point) and the games look very similar in terms of gameplay. Some seem to dislike the "generic" fantasy setting of Runewars (nevermind there's quite a lot of material there between Rune Wars, Runebound, Descent, Battlelore 2nd Edition and Rune Age) but I like it and it's in a fantasy setting with magic, monsters, etc. This ASoIaF game looks like it has some fantasy present behind the scenes with that tactics board or whatever they call it, but otherwise looks like a medieval game to me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just an update to help those waiting until near the end to get in on it....

$1,005,125 pledged of $300,000 goal
6,161 backers
4 days to go
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"