Boadgame personality profile

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

LordMortis

Boadgame personality profile

Post by LordMortis »

https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/surveys/start/tabletop/

https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/profile ... UKrC4DjtZ/
Your Board Games Motivation Profile :
High Conflict, Strategic, Grounded and Independent
Sounds about right. But what's odd is I primarily game to be social but that shows up not all in my profile. The point of gaming is to have have a good time with people exploring the game. I think this doesn't show possibly because I don't like large group social chaos or games that feel like popularity games or what they call "social manipulation" games in the survey. I sense I'm lot like coop when it comes to social games so perhaps he could explain it better.
Ænima

Re: Boadgame personality profile

Post by Ænima »

High Conflict, Strategic and Grounded
Sounds about right.
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

I like social games as well, but if given the choice, I'll pretty much almost always pick the heaviest game I can get away with in any given situation.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Low Conflict, Relaxed, Grounded and Independent
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

gilraen wrote:
Low Conflict, Relaxed, Grounded and Independent
Close:

Low Conflict, Relaxed, Grounded and Gregarious
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I could swear we had a lengthy discussion of this before.

/edit - Here
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And mine, from the old link:

Your Board Gaming Style :
Low Conflict and Immersed

Enlarge Image

Seems about right. I enjoy the experience of doing something cool. I couldn't care less about winning or beating the other guy.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Low conflict, Strategic, Grounded, and Independent.

Totally me. I play co-op games almost exclusively, and love strategic puzzle-solving games where we work together towards a common goal.

This is interesting because we were just having this discussion on our last game night. We had brought a new player into the fold and we were describing our personalities.

Jay - The rules maven. Never lets a rule or technicality slip by. He's the one that will stop the game in order to look up a question on BGG. Also fiercely independent. Loves co-op, but never lets the consensus of the table persuade him. Brilliantly strategic and smart player, though, so he's usually right.

Terry - The eternal pessimist. Never believes we have a chance. Feels every game is doomed to failure from the start. Also the quickest to want to put the game into easy mode or use some loophole to make the game easier on the players (we just ignore him). However, also brilliant in his own right and a great puzzle solver. He's the game pimper - nearly every game he owns utilizes customized components. Will think nothing of spending as much on a game's customization as he did on the game itself.

I told them I couldn't judge myself, so I had them judge for me. They agreed I was the great moderator, bringing balance to the Force. I act as a mediator by making Jay's strict technical approaches more palatable to the team in layman's terms. And I counter Terry's pessimism with eternal optimism in the face of disaster.

Our fourth new guy is too early to tell. He's not an inexperienced gamer, so right now he's still basically following orders. :D
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

YellowKing wrote:
Totally me. I play co-op games almost exclusively, and love strategic puzzle-solving games where we work together towards a common goal.
Have you tried Legends of Andor?
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

hentzau wrote:Have you tried Legends of Andor?
I have not, but reading about it just now, it sounds absolutely perfect for our group. Will definitely put that high on my list.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

High Conflict and Strategic

81% Conflict, 89% Discovery, 87% Strategy, 62% Immersion, 58% Cooperation

Yes, I love games with combos and engine-building, with mitigation of chance in the system but high player interaction. Immersive theme and cooperation are fun, but not necessary.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Kimberly1

Post by Kimberly1 »

I like spam too. :horse:
Last edited by ImLawBoy on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holman

Post by Holman »

High Conflict, Strategic, Immersed, and Independent.

Yep. I'm a wargamer.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.