[FFG] Legacy of Dragonholt

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Smoove_B

[FFG] Legacy of Dragonholt

Post by Smoove_B »

First I'm hearing of it, but I guess it's that time of year....
Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce a new cooperative narrative game in Legacy of Dragonholt! The first game to use the Oracle system, Legacy of Dragonholt contains six quests set in the Runebound universe that take as many as six daring heroes to the outskirts of Terrinoth. Adventurers build their own stories by making choices that will lead into dark caves and dangerous forests, pit them against cunning bandits and vicious monsters, earn them wealth and fame, and hopefully bring them to foil the plot of an evil overlord.
I guess it's inching towards being a PnP RPG (the Oracle system):
This narrative adventure game allows players to become bold heroes of the fantasy realm of Terrinoth by designing characters to fit their unique personalities. To build their rich story experience, players select a race and class, create a personal description, and choose their skills. These are recorded on character sheets that heroes hold for easy reference throughout their adventures.

As adventurers’ stories progress, they mark their advancement on the track sheet included in the back of each quest book. This records the entries they have read and the subsequent decisions they have made. Sometimes an early choice can have unforeseen consequences later in the story. This track also determines how each hero grows over the course of their journey, what they learn and how their identities may change. The progression of the heroes’ quest and characters comes about organically through storytelling as they explore the many vistas of the quests before them. Their adventures may be influenced by which roads they take, who they speak with, and even which day it is. The realm of Terrinoth is a fully realized fantasy world that continues to breathe regardless of the adventurers’ involvement, and the Oracle system allows for this living world to be ever present. Depending on how players choose to interact with Dragonholt via the Village Book, they may find that they encounter people and creatures who directly influence their quest, or they may never meet them at all.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
coopasonic

Re: [FFG] Legacy of Dragonholt

Post by coopasonic »

More details and pics in the news item:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... ragonholt/
Look for Legacy of Dragonholt (ORA01) at your local retailer in Q4 of 2017!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I am not a fan of the RPGification of card and board games. :hawk:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Isgrimnur wrote:I am not a fan of the RPGification of card and board games. :hawk:
Think of it is a "narrative" roguelike with a board gaming backstory... Though I'm not sure how much of it is actually roguelike. It might be more choose your own adventure.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

As someone that hasn't played a PnP RPG in 25+ years, it's really the closest I'll likely get to re-living that experience.

It would appear that this game takes place in FFGs Runebound universe.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote:I am not a fan of the RPGification of card and board games. :hawk:
If it helps a couple thousand not RPGified board games will likely also be released this year.

I'd also say this is more a board gamification of RPGs than the other way around. It's making RPGs more accessible, which is something I appreciate as someone who never got to play P&P RPGs.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fair enough. I'm not the target demographic. I just need to be aware that these are a thing now because of Pathfinder and add them to my questions when offered a game.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

DRAGON HOLT!

...wait...what?
Covfefe!