Beasts of Balance

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Kurth

Beasts of Balance

Post by Kurth »

Anyone get a chance to play Beasts of Balance? It's kind of pricey, but it's getting great reviews. I'm thinking about getting it for my crew (8th, 7th, 4th grades) and maybe even for my sister's kids (kindergarten and pre-k).

If you've played it, what are your impressions?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Lordnine

Re: Beasts of Balance

Post by Lordnine »

Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Crap! I paid $100. I want my $30 back!!!!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

If you bought from Amazon recently you can try to contact their support. They don’t guarantee it anymore but I’ve had good luck with asking for a refund if it’s only been a day or two.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Lordnine wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:26 pm If you bought from Amazon recently you can try to contact their support. They don’t guarantee it anymore but I’ve had good luck with asking for a refund if it’s only been a day or two.
I bought a TV that dropped by $350 a few days later. They told me to pound sand.

On topic, though, curse the OO effect. Just ordered but may have to hold for Happy Holiday gift.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I’m a Prime Subscriber so maybe that makes a difference? I don’t know, I’ve had their customer service refund me a couple times in the last year.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Lordnine wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:41 pm I’m a Prime Subscriber so maybe that makes a difference? I don’t know, I’ve had their customer service refund me a couple times in the last year.
I'm prime too. I've had plenty of refunds but no luck with a price match after the fact. But always worth a try.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Got the game. Nice concept but the plinth (base) is sketchy as hell. Loses connection, doesn't get detected, etc. If it happens during a game, game over and have to wipe it out (power button is on the bottom).

Kiddo is frustrated and has given up playing. She likes reading about the 9 beasts we were able to create though.

This one may go back if they can't walk us through a fix. Tried on a Kindle Fire and Galaxy Tab A. Do not want to devote my phone or notebook.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If you want something that doesn't require a technical aspect, play something like Hamsterrolle.
It's almost as if people are the problem.