Battlestar Galactica: Starship Battles

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

raydude

Battlestar Galactica: Starship Battles

Post by raydude »

Here's a link to a presentation by Ares Games of their upcoming miniatures game: Battlestar Galactica: Starship Miniatures.

These guys have done Wings of Glory and Sails of Glory, both of which fall into my "bought it but can't find folks to play with me" pile of boardgames. The gameplay looks similar to X-wing but they've also managed to include the drifting maneuvers from the show (where a ship is moving in one direction while pointing in another direction).

I also like the ship control panel. It shows at a glance how much kinetic energy your ship has, the speed setting, altitude indicator and rotation dial.

From the video I gather that the initial set contains Apollo + generic pilot and their vipers against 2 generic raptors for $50. I know I'm interested. I have too many unplayed games to just buy it on a whim, but if I see more buzz about it I may have to just cave and get at least the starter set.
Daehawk

Re: Battlestar Galactica: Starship Battles

Post by Daehawk »

Its nice looking Ill give it that. I used to draw Vipers back in school when I should have been doing school stuff. I even sold them to others. :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

The mechanics look interesting, but they're going to have a hard time competing with FF's X-Wing juggernaut.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I was just looking at this today. The minis look good, but I also have trouble bringing these games to the table.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I was drooling over it at gencon. Definitely on my want list. It just looks amazing in the table.
Covfefe!
johndigger

Post by johndigger »

spam