The Parasite -GAME OVER-Town wins

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Post Reply
User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 15258
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Unagi » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Unagi wrote:Scoop, -

you play fun, and I really just want to say - hi.

Really.

Hi!

Moliere - what do YOU have to say? eh?


eh? is Canadian for 'huh?'

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 am

Remus West wrote:I'm used to seeing these games differently than other players. I always have. I haven't always been wrong or right in my views but different
Too many jokes possible here, so I'll refrain rather than try to choose.
I'd like someone to try and outline exactly what benefit they see a wolf (solo or as a team) getting from Scoop's play because I see none which is why I feel Scoop has to be village.
I see what you're seeing-- that Scoop's gambit seems unlikely for a wolf, especially once he was given an out. But there's no way I would go so far as to say "I feel Scoop has to be village" given his history of doing things that don't necessarily mesh with the tactical expectations and behaviors of less aleatory players. I also think Unagi's interaction with l'affaire Scoop seems non-Unagiesque, which is why I voted against him. But I also find your opposition to Unagi to be more strident and sure than our knowable facts warrant. That's why I said, earlier, that the pair of you look staged.

You know better than to be so sure that Scoop is clean. And Unagi knows better than to wax hysterical whenever his read is challenged.

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:05 am

Remus West wrote: :twisted:
bb2112 or Unagi. I'm good with either of them getting lynched.
This is where my current wolfdar is giving me trouble, because I also don't like what bb2112 is doing.

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:06 am

Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:"1 Bombardier (Berserker)-If lynched Bombadier spews acid on a victim before being killed."

If Scoop is lynched does he get to choose his victim or is it a random draw?
And how would you know I am the Berserk?
Maybe feeling sleepy is making me paranoid, but this also looks staged.

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:08 am

Remus West wrote:How have I failed to make that clear? I feel like I've been screaming it since the beginning of day 1. I won't vote him simply because I do not believe him to be a wolf. I find those who think he is one and yet refuse to vote for him suspicious.
Exactly! How can you fail to be agnostic on this? And how can your non-agnosticism have arisen so early in the game? It was practically a snap judgment as events were playing out.

User avatar
Moliere
Posts: 10123
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Walking through a desert land

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Moliere » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:09 am

Grundbegriff wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:"1 Bombardier (Berserker)-If lynched Bombadier spews acid on a victim before being killed."

If Scoop is lynched does he get to choose his victim or is it a random draw?
And how would you know I am the Berserk?
Maybe feeling sleepy is making me paranoid, but this also looks staged.
All the world's a stage. I am merely one of the players.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:20 am

Unagi wrote:Me finding Scoops move to be Wolfish is not outlandish. Zerker would be the wolf. Yes.
It's not outlandish, but it's not very logical. What seems to bother Remus and what definitely bothers me is that you're usually very logical in these games. But there are at least three plausible explanations of Scoop's behavior:
1. He's a zerker wolf trying to get lynched
2. He's a villager trying to help the village by drawing fire away from specials
3. He's a villager who had to abort some madcap, ill-conceived scheme that didn't pan out
4. He's a non-zerker wolf who had to abort some madcap, ill-conceived scheme that didn't pan out

For 1 is his actual behavior. But against 1 is the fact that as soon as he was challenged by a plausible counter-claim, he folded and stepped back. What wolf does that?
For 2 is his explanation of what he was aiming for; maybe he's being sincere, as Remus seems willing to credit without even pushing back. Against 2 is the fact that his actions have sown confusion while buying us a whole lotta nothing.
For 3 is his history of launching weird gambits and improvising inscrutable responses with questionable benefit as he loses control of the buggy. Against 3 is his history of sometimes having a genuine plan in mind that goes somewhere.
For 4: see "For 3". Against 4 is the fact that it seems unlikely he'd betray or undermine wolf-buddies with a freelance action.

Remus rejects 1 and embraces 2; his enthusiasm for 2 makes it seem as if he dismisses 3 and 4, but I find 1, 2, and 3 about equally plausible. Why, Unagi, are you so fixated on 1 rather than... more rationally agnostic?
Do you for a second think they wouldn't take the zerker!?
Not a bad point.

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:22 am

Punisher wrote:Just wanted to chime in on the zerker thing.. I don't think it is unreasonable to assume they chose zerker. That seems to be one of the more powerful roles since in death you still get an advantage.
Not saying Unagi doesn't have inside knowledge, just saying I would base any voting on this specific point.
As for the Scoop thing, if we assume that the seer scanned scoop, then I agree we shouldn't lynch him just yet since the scan would have been wasted. I don't see much harm in letting him simmer for a day or so.
This is precisely my thinking on all these matters. So now I don't trust Punisher....
Punisher wrote:however, I do have a habit of inadvertently siding with wolves, so there is that.. :)
Uh oh! :shock:

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:25 am

Punisher wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Punisher wrote:however, I do have a habit of inadvertently siding with wolves, so there is that.. :)
Well, that gives me an idea then. Who would you say are your top 3 most trustworthy players?
Scoop...ish...
Remus...
don't really have a 3rd, but gut says BB is safe.
Given the current state of things, that's a funny list. Funny odd, not the other one.
Keep in mind, it may be too early for my backwards wolf sense to have kicked in yet.. It is usually day 3 or 4 when I start to get true feelings.
I haven't been around much for a while. Do you have a reputation for reverse spidey-sense?

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:27 am

Holman wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Remus' and Unagi's willingness to fight and make noise means that neither is a wolf. I've been wrong about this before, though.
I thought the apparent staging made them seem in cahoots and therefore lupine. But maybe you're right; or maybe you're their partner!
I think our wolves are among the silents, and there are a bunch of silents.
That's the nightmare scenario. Isgrimnur used to ride that trolley all the time. Very irritating.

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:28 am

Archinerd wrote:
Holman wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Remus' and Unagi's willingness to fight and make noise means that neither is a wolf. I've been wrong about this before, though. If I had to choose one to test, it would obviously be Remus.
I've suspected you and Unagi were in cahoots and was hoping you'd tip your hand in the Unagi v. Remus fight.
Fascinating

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:30 am

Unagi wrote: ---Comment---
There is no reason for a BAD ARCHINERD to take the heat off either an EVIL REMUS or a GOOD REMUS at this turn.
I don't see Archinerd as being evil right now.
Uhmmm.... Archinerd took the heat off Holman, didn't he?

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:30 am

Unagi wrote:further comment:
if there was more action on me right now, I could see an Evil (or perhaps good, as well) Archinerd making that move, but it seems off as a move to: Keep the Unagi Vote Alive!!!
You exonerate Archinerd because he voted against you... but not in a mean, snipey way?

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:32 am

Zarathud wrote:If this drama isn't enough to rouse them, they're either hiding because they're scared shitless or dead from the pod people. Both conditions are suspicious.
Indeed. This is actually one of the more Gordian knots we've seen on merely the second day.

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:35 am

Holman wrote:I didn't know I was your thorn!! When is our thorniversary??
Well stipulated!

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:37 am

RMC wrote:This actually makes me feel I might have hit on a wolf with BB. He is validating switching votes, and goes to someone that is very safe for him to vote on without drawing attention to himself.
This is a good point. The wolfie doth protest, etc.

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:38 am

Vorret wrote: BB 
 

Gut feeling, we lack any real info to do something drastic, it's either him or Unagi for me at the moment.
You just sort of hang back until it's clear what the cool kids are doing. That seems safely passive.

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:40 am

Zarathud wrote:Two Scoops.....?
In every box of bran!

User avatar
Grundbegriff
Posts: 22267
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 am
Location: http://baroquepotion.com
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Grundbegriff » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:42 am

Ok, enough interaction. Time for action.

 bb2112 
 

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11001
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Scoop20906 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:04 am

OK. My two cents now after observing fora while:

Unagi is off.
Bb2112 is off.
Remus seems genuine.
Moliere has no plan.
Holman is off.

 remove Remus west 
 



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9168
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Vorret » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:07 am

This is a though one with the clear rivalry between a few groups developing
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by RMC » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 am

Scoop20906 wrote:OK. My two cents now after observing fora while:

Unagi is off.
Bb2112 is off.
Remus seems genuine.
Moliere has no plan.
Holman is off.

 remove Remus west 
 



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then vote for BB. Let's get this show on the road. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 15258
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Unagi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:45 am

Grundbegriff wrote:Remus rejects 1 and embraces 2; his enthusiasm for 2 makes it seem as if he dismisses 3 and 4, but I find 1, 2, and 3 about equally plausible. Why, Unagi, are you so fixated on 1 rather than... more rationally agnostic?
Seriously. I believe I've made it pretty clear that I am a #1 or #3 guy... and that I think Scoops play earned Scoop a scan.

I've not been sitting here demanding that Scoop is a Zerker. I've been defending my right to leave that possibility on the table.

And as to why a Zerker Scoop would make the play, but then back down... Perhaps a Zerker Scoop wanted to be lynched rather than shot... and dialed back the 'claim', but still kept making a few posts like "Kill me!".

But, yeah - Scoop is Scoop. So.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14380
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Lassr » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:56 am

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Vorret---------- BB2112
2 Holman-------- Remus West
3 BB2112--------- Remus West
4 Scoop----------
5 Archinerd----- BB2112
6 Zarathud------- BB2112
7 Punisher-------
8 Unagi----------- Remus West
9 Remus West--- BB2112
10 RMC------------ BB2112
11 Grundbegriff-- BB2112
12 Moliere-------- Scoop
.
.
.
Targets ----------- Voters
( Scoop---------- 1 )--- Moliere ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( BB2112--------- 6 )--- RMC --- Zarathud --- Remus West --- vorret --- Archinerd --- Grundbegriff
( Remus West--- 3 )--- Unagi --- Holman --- BB2112
( )--- ---

Deaths
Newcastle--- Peace Out
El Guapo----- Salsaed

Majority = 7
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Zarathud
Posts: 12452
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:29 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Zarathud » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:03 am

Scoop did not scoop BB? Interesting.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal. - Nixon
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 16678
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Near the Wissahickon

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Holman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:32 am

N-1 already?

OK, bb, whatcha got?

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5277
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by bb2112 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:35 am

Hey, I'm still alive. :shock:

I'm a miss, but a safe one. Go ahead, Scoop me, or better yet, let's kill that opportunistic evil bastard RMC who has done nothing this game. He is sitting back and playing this village and you guys are letting him. Who is with me!

 RMC 
 
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 15258
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Unagi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:47 am

so, bb is likely not a wolf.

I had him in my 'likely wolf'...

I'm perhaps needing to rethink things.

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9168
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Vorret » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:47 am

bb2112 wrote:Hey, I'm still alive. :shock:

I'm a miss, but a safe one. Go ahead, Scoop me, or better yet, let's kill that opportunistic evil bastard RMC who has done nothing this game. He is sitting back and playing this village and you guys are letting him. Who is with me!

 RMC 
 
You being alive is a bit odd with Scoop being alive and not having a vote on anyone.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9168
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Vorret » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:48 am

 Remove BB 
 
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 15258
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Unagi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

vorret and Zarathud baiting scoop?

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 15258
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Unagi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

Vorret wrote: Remove BB 
 
Ahhh. there ok .

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9168
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Vorret » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

Uh?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9168
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Vorret » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

nevermind , crossposting haha
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 15258
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Unagi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:50 am

we crossed posts... but I thought it was odd to be a part of that vote and to also wonder aloud about Scoop swooping in an scooping. But then you removed your vote - so I think in some ways, you had the same thought.

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9168
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Vorret » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 am

Scoop20906 wrote:OK. My two cents now after observing fora while:

Unagi is off.
Bb2112 is off.
Remus seems genuine.
Moliere has no plan.
Holman is off.

 remove Remus west 
 



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why ... BB feels off and you have a chance to kill him yet you do not pull the trigger, this worries me.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by RMC » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:01 am

Man, don't let BB play you guys. I have been fairly consistent on BB once I sniffed him out. He is playing odd, and I am playing my normal game.

Now, I know my track record is not the best, but BB just feels off, and I think he is our wolf.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
Vorret
Posts: 9168
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Drummondville, QC

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Vorret » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:04 am

RMC wrote:Man, don't let BB play you guys. I have been fairly consistent on BB once I sniffed him out. He is playing odd, and I am playing my normal game.

Now, I know my track record is not the best, but BB just feels off, and I think he is our wolf.
You know, I'm just going to say this, *if* I was the Alpha wolf, you'd be one of my pick, you're rarely one of the first kill, you can fly under the radar AND you're crazy good at spoofing if required.

For those reasons, I'm not going to trust your judgement on this.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by RMC » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 am

Vorret wrote:
RMC wrote:Man, don't let BB play you guys. I have been fairly consistent on BB once I sniffed him out. He is playing odd, and I am playing my normal game.

Now, I know my track record is not the best, but BB just feels off, and I think he is our wolf.
You know, I'm just going to say this, *if* I was the Alpha wolf, you'd be one of my pick, you're rarely one of the first kill, you can fly under the radar AND you're crazy good at spoofing if required.

For those reasons, I'm not going to trust your judgement on this.
Touche'. But I rarely make it to the end game, after the entire Red Rocket spoof. Which I have to say was a very good spoof. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

User avatar
Zarathud
Posts: 12452
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:29 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by Zarathud » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:19 am

I'm just still suspicious of Scoop, Unagi.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal. - Nixon
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump

Post Reply