The Parasite -GAME OVER-Town wins

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Unagi

Re: The Parasite -Day 3

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:Unagi, I got some time to go back and do a re-read. Sorry I'm not convinced but I will say the disagreement from you and Remus seems over a choice of words and feels meaningless. At times you come off sincerely but then right back to conniving against Remus. I can't tell why you pushing so hard.
Wow. ME pushing hard on Remus? Go Re-read.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:Also, good luck Remus!!!
Big time.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Unagi, I got some time to go back and do a re-read. Sorry I'm not convinced but I will say the disagreement from you and Remus seems over a choice of words and feels meaningless. At times you come off sincerely but then right back to conniving against Remus. I can't tell why you pushing so hard.
Wow. ME pushing hard on Remus? Go Re-read.

** you will always be my "maybe" in this game... I can see Remus and I being both human... but for you to feel that I've been driving this is just weird.

conniving against Remus? lordy.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Laying my cards on the table:

I don't *want* to defend Unagi in this game. (I am his thorn after all, apparently.)

He has been pugnacious and aggressive (see especially his wee-hours rant at Grund), and I think he has pushed back sloppily, but all of that seems to me like the behavior of a villager pissed off at being misunderstood. I think a Wolf would be much more circumspect.

Remus' approach to Unagi has been weirdly specific all along. He wants to hold Unagi solely responsible for suspecting DayOne Scoop, but clearly several of us felt the same way. Remus' accusations are undermotivated and therefore suspicious.

Grund shows some of the same pattern. He and Unagi got into it against each other early, but Grund's firm accusations seem more peeved than analytical. That's not like his villager self.

All in all, my sense is that Unagi, while perhaps pissing people off, is not behaving obviously wolfy to me. Those who claim he is doing so seem opportunistic.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:Laying my cards on the table:

I don't *want* to defend Unagi in this game. (I am his thorn after all, apparently.)

He has been pugnacious and aggressive (see especially his wee-hours rant at Grund), and I think he has pushed back sloppily, but all of that seems to me like the behavior of a villager pissed off at being misunderstood. I think a Wolf would be much more circumspect.

Remus' approach to Unagi has been weirdly specific all along. He wants to hold Unagi solely responsible for suspecting DayOne Scoop, but clearly several of us felt the same way. Remus' accusations are undermotivated and therefore suspicious.

Grund shows some of the same pattern. He and Unagi got into it against each other early, but Grund's firm accusations seem more peeved than analytical. That's not like his villager self.

All in all, my sense is that Unagi, while perhaps pissing people off, is not behaving obviously wolfy to me. Those who claim he is doing so seem opportunistic.
Hear, Hear!
I agree with every single word of this, even the 'pushed back sloppily'!

and, if you are a wolf this game - total solid proof of you being my thorn, cause yeah - I agree with you.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:(see especially his wee-hours rant at Grund)
:obscene-drinkingbuddies:
wasn't a post I was particularly proud of the next morning....

(apologies, Grund)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

This game is so darn interesting.

Grund, I believe the next move is yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote:Remus' approach to Unagi has been weirdly specific all along. He wants to hold Unagi solely responsible for suspecting DayOne Scoop, but clearly several of us felt the same way.
No. No, I do not. Please go reread and try to comprehend. It is NOT the suspicions that bother me. It is the suspicions combined with the suggestion that we not lynch him. Why on Earth do you declare a player most likely a wolf but tell everyone NOT to vote for that player? How do you then blame that player for confusion? If you felt Scoop was a wolf on day 1 and did not vote for him I find that highly suspicioous. The fact that Unagi openly suspected Scoop - drove the "outing" of Scoop really - and then suggested he not be lynched is why I suspect Unagi. Not the suspicions of Scoop in a vacuum.
Remus' accusations are undermotivated and therefore suspicious.
Fine. Be suspicious of me but do not misrepresent or misunderstand why I am suspicious of Unagi.

Opportunistic? You need to go read a definition of that word. There have been exactly how many votes against him. One by our only known wolf. Opportunistic would be jumping on someone who looked likely to get lynched. Not trying to get my main suspect lynched in spite of half the village telling me they don't believe he is a wolf.

Anyway, I need to stop engaging this stuff because until I get to do a reread I'm not sure where I stand on things. Unagi's day 1 still bothers me but it also bothers me that bb2112 moved onto that vote with me so I'm not really sure where I'm at but I am tired of folks misrepresenting my positions.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remus West wrote:
Holman wrote:Remus' approach to Unagi has been weirdly specific all along. He wants to hold Unagi solely responsible for suspecting DayOne Scoop, but clearly several of us felt the same way.
No. No, I do not. Please go reread and try to comprehend. It is NOT the suspicions that bother me. It is the suspicions combined with the suggestion that we not lynch him. Why on Earth do you declare a player most likely a wolf but tell everyone NOT to vote for that player? How do you then blame that player for confusion? If you felt Scoop was a wolf on day 1 and did not vote for him I find that highly suspicioous. The fact that Unagi openly suspected Scoop - drove the "outing" of Scoop really - and then suggested he not be lynched is why I suspect Unagi. Not the suspicions of Scoop in a vacuum.
What part of WE ALL THOUGHT HE SEEMED BERZERKERY doesn't make sense? There was general discussion of why not to lynch him.

Again, I'm not defending Unagi out of 100% conviction of his innocence. It just seems weird that you've signaled him out all along for behavior that was also mine and others'.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Holman wrote: What part of WE ALL THOUGHT HE SEEMED BERZERKERY doesn't make sense? There was general discussion of why not to lynch him.
Don't include me in that. If I had thought he was the beserker (or any other wolf) I would have voted for him.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Looking back at the BB2112 vote, would his chosen teammates want to be on this bandwagon? Of course they would.

And looking back, a late vote is more likely to be wolf vote. Right where Grund joined the vote on him.

( BB2112--------- 5 )--- RMC --- Zarathud --- Remus West --- Archinerd --- Grundbegriff

I note the Unagi managed to avoid the bb2112 vote but is happy to vote Grund.

I think we can learn something from that.

Accuse Grundbegriff 

I believe that is n-1. Grund can decide if he wants to respond now.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Day 3
Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Vorret---------- Grundbegriff
2 Holman-------- Grundbegriff
3 Scoop---------- Grundbegriff
4 Archinerd----- Holman
5 Punisher-------
6 Unagi----------- Grundbegriff
7 Remus West---
8 Grundbegriff-- Unagi
9 Moliere-------- Scoop
Targets ----------- Voters
( Holman-------- 1 )--- Archinerd ---
( Unagi----------- 1 )--- Grundbegriff ---
( Scoop---------- 1 )--- Moliere ---
( Grundbegriff-- 4 )--- Vorret --- Holman --- Unagi --- Scoop
( )--- ---
( )--- ---

Deaths
Newcastle--- Peace Out
El Guapo----- Salsaed
Zarathud----- slimed
BB2112------ Double pumped
RMC-------- crispy

Majority = 5
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

...although Scoop pushing Grund closer to the brink while we wait for his last words is concerning. With N-2 being the new N-1 and all that.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Archinerd wrote:...although Scoop pushing Grund closer to the brink while we wait for his last words is concerning. With N-2 being the new N-1 and all that.
That's why I'm not going to scoop Grund.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

[meta]I'm about to hit the road. I'm heading to parts remote to run a half-marathon. I'll be back on Friday night. Apologies for the inconvenient timing![/meta]
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Yeah well I'm not taking my vote off :ninja:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Grundbegriff wrote:[meta]I'm about to hit the road. I'm heading to parts remote to run a half-marathon. I'll be back on Friday night. Apologies for the inconvenient timing![/meta]
In Scoop's defense, this is also concerning.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Delay his death, takes like 5 minutes to make a quick post with content.
Hence why my vote stays on, N-1 or not.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Archinerd wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:[meta]I'm about to hit the road. I'm heading to parts remote to run a half-marathon. I'll be back on Friday night. Apologies for the inconvenient timing![/meta]
In Scoop's defense, this is also concerning.
No need to defend me. I had nothing to do with this post.

He did the same thing last game, kept delaying and I was a wolf and used that to off him with little blow back.

Here is the thing, while I appreciate his kind update and we are ALL busy there is one thing to keep in mind here.

Grund's activity this game is been way above his new normal level of interaction. We actually got some posts going over the rules and interacting with others (which has been rare for Grund for a while now). What could cause the new uptick in activity? He could be bb2112's chosen partner.

Also, if he had info why the delay? Obviously, he isn't concerned about being offed while he gone otherwise he would post a rushed message about being a villager or drop the dirt he may have.

Either way, he response is going to stop the game for me. I'm severely tempted to press for his death so we can see if my wolf theory is right but at the same time I'm really unsure and would rather wait. It galls me but ...
 withdrawal grund 

If ya'll would like to off him (or me) in the meantime go for it but I won't be involved for now so we can get some type of response from Grund. But now I'm pretty seriously leaning "NOT SEER".

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

On Sunday, Grundbegriff wrote:Later tonight, I'll sift through this mess and see whether there's a rational handle we can grab.
On Tuesday, Grundbegriff wrote:I won't be able to get to this until later tonight. If you feel like shooting us all in the collective foot, then you don't deserve to win.
On Wednesday, Grundbegriff wrote:[meta]I'm about to hit the road. I'm heading to parts remote to run a half-marathon. I'll be back on Friday night. Apologies for the inconvenient timing![/meta]
Remus and Grund....
Enlarge Image
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:
On Sunday, Grundbegriff wrote:Later tonight, I'll sift through this mess and see whether there's a rational handle we can grab.
On Tuesday, Grundbegriff wrote:I won't be able to get to this until later tonight. If you feel like shooting us all in the collective foot, then you don't deserve to win.
On Wednesday, Grundbegriff wrote:[meta]I'm about to hit the road. I'm heading to parts remote to run a half-marathon. I'll be back on Friday night. Apologies for the inconvenient timing![/meta]
Enlarge Image
Pretty much like last time's "I'm going to get reading soon, just after I make myself a sandwich" post followed by a 2 hour silence. Now I'm leaning back to offing him just cause ...

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

But I want someone to get my joke. :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

wow, and your quote took the joke's text away from the picture...
:doh:
sigh.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Just curious - (not trying to make anything out of this) - It seems to have taken deliberate effort to remove the Title above my picture, while maintaining the 3 Grund quotes above it, and the picture below it, intact. I mean, did you "Quote" me, and then go up and edit that title away?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote:
Remus and Grund....
Enlarge Image
just testing something.. seeing if text disappears automatically on quote.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

nope.

I think Scoop ran it through a de-humorizer.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Enlarge Image

Wolf sighting, Frostburg, Maryland
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Grundbegriff wrote:Enlarge Image

Your reflection blends well into the wolf. :think:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Moliere wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Enlarge Image

Your reflection blends well into the wolf. :think:
:horse:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Feels like he is rubbing our noses in it a bit here. Lol

Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

So, I'm thinking our seer is probably dead.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Archinerd wrote:So, I'm thinking our seer is probably dead.
Yep, probably Zara since it was an unexpected death.

Also, any reason why we're still waiting on Grund? If he was a special he would have spilled the beans already.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I can wait til gets done running

But tomorrow my votes goes back on him unless something drastic happens.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I'm back, and I've just caught up. Did y'all think I was hinting at a claim and lore? I only meant that you'd be shooting y'all's nasty ol' self in the foot by offing me because I have been bringin' the game! My insights and intuitions, while not authoritative, may well make the difference between our having lunch and our being lunch.

Off me if you wish, though it'll waste a turn.

And to show that I'm not concerned about riling up the hooligans-- among whom hide two murderous mutants-- my current guess is:
Unagi (who still has my vote for his angry, anomalous behavior)
Archinerd (who pokes his head up outta the ground now and then, but otherwise keeps a low pro)
Punisher (Silent. Deadly?)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok. So Remus and Grund or Unagi and Archinerd or Punisher.

The interesting tidbit is that Remus and Grund have not been baddie teammates in over a decade. A long time. I remember because I protected Remus and died for my trust

Unagi still makes me uncomfortable.

I’m trying to figure out if Grund is trying to protect Remus by not acknowledging him at all.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:Ok. So Remus and Grund or Unagi and Archinerd or Punisher.
If you're not evil-- and it seems you're probably not-- then you're fixated. That's a good way to lose a game.
The interesting tidbit is that Remus and Grund have not been baddie teammates in over a decade.
Is that true? I suspect it's not, though I cannot put my finger on a counterexample right now.
Unagi still makes me uncomfortable.
Have you ever seen him play this way? I'm not talking about the kerfuffle with Remus over your gambit. I'm talking about the hysterical interactions with anyone who points a finger at him and, of course, with me-- the object of his current manipulations.
I’m trying to figure out if Grund is trying to protect Remus by not acknowledging him at all.
Easily answered: I'm not trying to protect him. Decent chance he's a wolf. But he has been typical Remus all game-- sort of like an impatient schoolmarm who cannot understand why the world isn't as clear to everyone else as it is to him-- and so I have no basis to focus on him... yet.
Sent from my laptop when I should be writing.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Why is everyone picking on my Tapatalk signature?

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Grundbegriff wrote:I
For the record, I am not typically one of the verbose players in this game. I read/lurk for the most part until I have something to contribute or funny to say.
right now I have neither.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Punisher wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:I
For the record, I am not typically one of the verbose players in this game. I read/lurk for the most part until I have something to contribute or funny to say.
right now I have neither.
Are you suggesting that we should conclude that you're uninfected on the basis of those traits?