Reminder: please use the Amazon affiliate links to help us keep the lights on!

Vanilla WW. Game over.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Post Reply
User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Lassr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:54 pm

shit, never mind. I read the voting wrong. That was punisher voting for you...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 29948
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by El Guapo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:06 pm

I'm assuming that there was probably one wolf on the Moliere vote and one wolf off.

The question is why Vorret on the night kill. Vorret doesn't attract much lynch attention usually, and didn't say a *ton* on day 1, so maybe just a choice that wasn't likely to get lynched anyway and doesn't tell us all that much?

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Lassr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:22 pm

El Guapo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:06 pm
I'm assuming that there was probably one wolf on the Moliere vote and one wolf off.

The question is why Vorret on the night kill. Vorret doesn't attract much lynch attention usually, and didn't say a *ton* on day 1, so maybe just a choice that wasn't likely to get lynched anyway and doesn't tell us all that much?
We may not lynch him, no high visibility means he could be hiding as the seer.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11181
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Offline

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Scoop20906 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:06 pm
I'm assuming that there was probably one wolf on the Moliere vote and one wolf off.

The question is why Vorret on the night kill. Vorret doesn't attract much lynch attention usually, and didn't say a *ton* on day 1, so maybe just a choice that wasn't likely to get lynched anyway and doesn't tell us all that much?
We may not lynch him, no high visibility means he could be hiding as the seer.
That would suck.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Lassr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:10 pm

Remus, might want to change title so some will not think it is still night.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2128
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Punisher » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:05 pm

Lassr wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:22 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:06 pm
I'm assuming that there was probably one wolf on the Moliere vote and one wolf off.

The question is why Vorret on the night kill. Vorret doesn't attract much lynch attention usually, and didn't say a *ton* on day 1, so maybe just a choice that wasn't likely to get lynched anyway and doesn't tell us all that much?
We may not lynch him, no high visibility means he could be hiding as the seer.
I would be surprised if that was a reason.. wolves have no powers so it would have been a shot in the dark if they killed him because he was a seer. There would be no way for them to tell until the seer revealed himself.. and since roles are random, Vorrent wouldn't be chosen for the seer because he doesn't attract much lynch attention.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 29948
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by El Guapo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Punisher wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:05 pm
Lassr wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:22 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:06 pm
I'm assuming that there was probably one wolf on the Moliere vote and one wolf off.

The question is why Vorret on the night kill. Vorret doesn't attract much lynch attention usually, and didn't say a *ton* on day 1, so maybe just a choice that wasn't likely to get lynched anyway and doesn't tell us all that much?
We may not lynch him, no high visibility means he could be hiding as the seer.
I would be surprised if that was a reason.. wolves have no powers so it would have been a shot in the dark if they killed him because he was a seer. There would be no way for them to tell until the seer revealed himself.. and since roles are random, Vorrent wouldn't be chosen for the seer because he doesn't attract much lynch attention.
I think the idea is that there's no sense in targeting villagers who the wolves think are likely to be lynch targets, because (if said person turns out to be the seer), the village may wind up exposing them and doing the wolves' work for them. Whereas a less likely lynch target, if they turned out to be the seer, could otherwise last most of the game (and screw the wolves by getting in 3+ good scans).

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11181
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Offline

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Scoop20906 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:49 pm

Obviously the usual suspects aren’t being by threatening enough. Lol.

I know I’m rarely a high value target for the wolves so let’s change that.

 accuse bb2112 
 
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 18444
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Holman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:45 pm

One Wolf was chosen, and in retrospect I think it would be smart play to choose El Guapo, bb2112, or Lassr. Since *both* bb2112 and Lassr voted El Guapo at one point, I think at least one of them isn't a Wolf.

Aren't El G and bb2112 the only two who voted for each other? Good cover, and they did it when there was little risk of follow-through.

 bb2112 
 

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5406
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by bb2112 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 am

Holman wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:45 pm
One Wolf was chosen, and in retrospect I think it would be smart play to choose El Guapo, bb2112, or Lassr. Since *both* bb2112 and Lassr voted El Guapo at one point, I think at least one of them isn't a Wolf.

Aren't El G and bb2112 the only two who voted for each other? Good cover, and they did it when there was little risk of follow-through.

 bb2112 
 
I know it is long, but read this. Especially Holman.

Premises:
1. If Holman's logic is true, and I and El Guapo are evil and voted for each other while there not being a lot of chance of day 1 follow through, then that would put me and El G as suspect #1 and suspect #2. (This is not true since I know I'm not a wolf, but you guys do not.)

2. If we can assume there was most likely one wolf off the Moliere vote, then that would leave El Guapo, Punisher and Lassr as the top suspects from that analysis point.

3. You say it would be a good move for the wolf to choose El Guapo, bb2112 or Lassr as a wolf. That in your mind puts the three of us as your top suspects.

4. Holman also points out that Lassr and I most likely are not both wolves as we both voted for El Guapo. Meaning one (or both) of us are most likely innocent. (Again, I know I am, but you do not.)

5. Probably the weakest point, but I did put the final vote on Moliere. That makes me stand out and not blend in. Not typically a wolf move, but I have stood out as a wolf before, so I get why this is not the best argument where I'm concerned.

Conclusion:
1. El Guapo intersects points 1, 2, & 3 of potential wolfiness, Whereas I intersect points 1 & 3, and Lassr intersects points 2 & 3.

2. In point 4 if you believe Lassr to be innocent and a good WW player, and he saw something in El Guapo to vote for him, then doesn't it stand to reason there should be some weight in his opinion? Since you point out that Lassr and I are most likely not both evil, and you voted for me, then I have to assume you have exonerated Lassr (at least for now) in your own mind.

Holman, based on your own logic, El Guapo seems to fit the wolfy vibe slightly better than me, so then why would you vote for me over El Guapo if you believe both of us to be evil?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 18444
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Holman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:19 am

bb2112 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 am
Holman, based on your own logic, El Guapo seems to fit the wolfy vibe slightly better than me, so then why would you vote for me over El Guapo if you believe both of us to be evil?
Hey, now: I wouldn't go so far as to call it "logic."

I could vote for either of you. There was already a vote on you, so it was you I picked.

I could be persuaded to vote for El G. Do you think I should?

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11181
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Offline

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Scoop20906 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 am

I said I thought both wolves are on the Moliere vote before the night kill and they subsequently killed the player on the vote with the least heat. I think this was a calculated decision to try us throw us off.

I still think both wolves were on that vote. I think my vote for bb2112 as the beta wolf is a good one.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Lassr » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:44 am

El Guapo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:13 pm
Punisher wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:05 pm
Lassr wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:22 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:06 pm
I'm assuming that there was probably one wolf on the Moliere vote and one wolf off.

The question is why Vorret on the night kill. Vorret doesn't attract much lynch attention usually, and didn't say a *ton* on day 1, so maybe just a choice that wasn't likely to get lynched anyway and doesn't tell us all that much?
We may not lynch him, no high visibility means he could be hiding as the seer.
I would be surprised if that was a reason.. wolves have no powers so it would have been a shot in the dark if they killed him because he was a seer. There would be no way for them to tell until the seer revealed himself.. and since roles are random, Vorrent wouldn't be chosen for the seer because he doesn't attract much lynch attention.
I think the idea is that there's no sense in targeting villagers who the wolves think are likely to be lynch targets, because (if said person turns out to be the seer), the village may wind up exposing them and doing the wolves' work for them. Whereas a less likely lynch target, if they turned out to be the seer, could otherwise last most of the game (and screw the wolves by getting in 3+ good scans).
:handgestures-thumbupleft:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5406
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by bb2112 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:44 am

Scoop20906 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 am
I said I thought both wolves are on the Moliere vote before the night kill and they subsequently killed the player on the vote with the least heat. I think this was a calculated decision to try us throw us off.

I still think both wolves were on that vote. I think my vote for bb2112 as the beta wolf is a good one.
And why do you think that? Not saying you are wrong, just want to understand why.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Lassr » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:45 am

bb2112 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 am
Holman wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:45 pm
One Wolf was chosen, and in retrospect I think it would be smart play to choose El Guapo, bb2112, or Lassr. Since *both* bb2112 and Lassr voted El Guapo at one point, I think at least one of them isn't a Wolf.

Aren't El G and bb2112 the only two who voted for each other? Good cover, and they did it when there was little risk of follow-through.

 bb2112 
 
I know it is long, but read this. Especially Holman.

Premises:
1. If Holman's logic is true, and I and El Guapo are evil and voted for each other while there not being a lot of chance of day 1 follow through, then that would put me and El G as suspect #1 and suspect #2. (This is not true since I know I'm not a wolf, but you guys do not.)

2. If we can assume there was most likely one wolf off the Moliere vote, then that would leave El Guapo, Punisher and Lassr as the top suspects from that analysis point.

3. You say it would be a good move for the wolf to choose El Guapo, bb2112 or Lassr as a wolf. That in your mind puts the three of us as your top suspects.

4. Holman also points out that Lassr and I most likely are not both wolves as we both voted for El Guapo. Meaning one (or both) of us are most likely innocent. (Again, I know I am, but you do not.)

5. Probably the weakest point, but I did put the final vote on Moliere. That makes me stand out and not blend in. Not typically a wolf move, but I have stood out as a wolf before, so I get why this is not the best argument where I'm concerned.

Conclusion:
1. El Guapo intersects points 1, 2, & 3 of potential wolfiness, Whereas I intersect points 1 & 3, and Lassr intersects points 2 & 3.

2. In point 4 if you believe Lassr to be innocent and a good WW player, and he saw something in El Guapo to vote for him, then doesn't it stand to reason there should be some weight in his opinion? Since you point out that Lassr and I are most likely not both evil, and you voted for me, then I have to assume you have exonerated Lassr (at least for now) in your own mind.

Holman, based on your own logic, El Guapo seems to fit the wolfy vibe slightly better than me, so then why would you vote for me over El Guapo if you believe both of us to be evil?
you used an awful lot of brain power on that.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5406
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by bb2112 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 am

1. vorret - Moliere
2. bb2112 - vorret, El Guapo, Moliere
3. newcastle - El Guapo, bb2112, Scoop, punisher, Moliere
4. punisher - bb2112
5. scoop - Moliere
6. Moliere - Scoop
7. Lassr - Scoop, El Guapo
8. Holman - punisher, Moliere
9. El Guapo - Moliere, bb2112

So based on this list
Vorret
bb2112
Newcastle
Scoop
Holman

All voted for Moliere. If Scoop's suggestion is right, then that would leave bb2112, Newcastle, and Holman (assuming Scoop is innocent which he would from his own point of view) as his list of baddies.

That is a pretty small list Scoop if you are thinking you are going to find 2 wolves out of bb212, Newcastle, and Holman.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5406
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by bb2112 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:52 am

Lassr wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:45 am
you used an awful lot of brain power on that.
[/quote]

I am trying to tap into my inner Unagi.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9776
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Newcastle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 am

a couple of things.

1. I find the thought that vorret being killed because he would last to be intriguinig. Now that raises teh question as to how the wolves are ordering their night kill for the end game. are they trying to make sure there are enough higher value targets than themselves so they dont get lynched? Or are they killing a "lasting person" because the wolves themselves are "lasting" and are hoping to send the village to go after people who are high profile targets? Know what i mean...say Scoop, BB & Elguapo are in the high profile pool; while Vorret and the wolves are. We start stabbing at the first pool while the wolves dance between both. Make sense?

2. another interesting point is that vorret was relatively quiet for him and dare i say mellow - so did they attack him because they thought he was the seer? he really didn't make any waves on day 1; he made no enemies.

3. by choosing someone who didn't make waves it didn't leave teh village much to go on; sometimes if you are a wolf you kill someone to set up someone else. With vorret that wasn't the case.

So that makes me think that maybe the wolves felt pretty secure in their positioning that they could take a stab at something. Does this imply that we need to turn day 1 action on its head and start poking around at those who were flying under the radar? Maybe.

/takes another sip of his coffee
"Ahhhhhh"
America held hostage enters Day 39

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9776
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Newcastle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:05 am

I'm also trying to wrap my head around who i think could be guilty and who could be innocent. And I can't come up with anything clean one way or another. Some people i think are acting a bit odd, but it could be benign reasons. I think scoop is a bit muted believe it or not. BB is acting off, El Guapo brain isn't present yet that i am use to. Lassr i dont know about. Holman i feel is flyign under the radar. punisher too laizes faire. And man that's all who's playing. Wow.

I really can't fault anyone for yesterdays vote either. And that is kind of bothering me, that i cant get a real read on the game, since I can make a solid case against everyone and no really exonerate anyone. Hmm, what to do what to do.

/scratches head in puzzlement
/taps fingers melodically on the hardwood walls
America held hostage enters Day 39

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9776
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Newcastle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:08 am

I really hate being this wishy washy also. Usually i think oh, it could be this person, but i seriously could make a case against many of you...

ok, i am gonna turn my game on its head.

  punisher  
 


too laissez faire yesterday.
America held hostage enters Day 39

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Lassr » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 pm

I've said it before, we are all well seasoned enough at this that it is harder and harder to catch someone without a little luck. Sure there are wolf signs there but you usually don't see them until after the game.

The trick is picking which thing is actually a sign.

So, El Guapo I think would make a good partner.
BB2112 used a lot of brain power when he had 2 votes on him. Defensive wolf trying not to get lynched?
Newcastle felt like he was "over acting" the Why Vorret angle.
Scoop is...Scoop

So that is a few things that have stood out to me. Are any of those signs? Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11181
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Offline

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Scoop20906 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:37 pm

I feel a bit muted, Newcastle. Moliere is one of my usual foils but he was muted himself. No Unagi to constantly be suspicious of. No one gunning for my head? What am I susposed to do? Lol
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9776
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Newcastle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:01 pm

Scoop20906 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:37 pm
I feel a bit muted, Newcastle. Moliere is one of my usual foils but he was muted himself. No Unagi to constantly be suspicious of. No one gunning for my head? What am I susposed to do? Lol
When has someone else ever stopped you from being chaotic scoop?

/arches eyebrow

fine

  withdraw punisher  
 


  scoop  
 
America held hostage enters Day 39

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9776
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Newcastle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Lassr wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 pm
I've said it before, we are all well seasoned enough at this that it is harder and harder to catch someone without a little luck. Sure there are wolf signs there but you usually don't see them until after the game.

The trick is picking which thing is actually a sign.

So, El Guapo I think would make a good partner.
BB2112 used a lot of brain power when he had 2 votes on him. Defensive wolf trying not to get lynched?
Newcastle felt like he was "over acting" the Why Vorret angle.
Scoop is...Scoop

So that is a few things that have stood out to me. Are any of those signs? Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not...
Lassr - what we absloutely know 100% Vorret was innocent. We also know moliere was innocent. But Vorret helps shape the game, because it was the wolves moves. I kind of like to try to disect their moves. That was their big move...now why? Its an interesting choice. I dont think i am over reacting, instead I am trying to figure out their mindset a bit more. Its the one main clue we have that has their paw prints on it.
America held hostage enters Day 39

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11181
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Offline

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Scoop20906 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:37 pm
I feel a bit muted, Newcastle. Moliere is one of my usual foils but he was muted himself. No Unagi to constantly be suspicious of. No one gunning for my head? What am I susposed to do? Lol
When has someone else ever stopped you from being chaotic scoop?

/arches eyebrow

fine

  withdraw punisher  
 


  scoop  
 
Finally!!!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11181
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Offline

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Scoop20906 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 pm
I've said it before, we are all well seasoned enough at this that it is harder and harder to catch someone without a little luck. Sure there are wolf signs there but you usually don't see them until after the game.

The trick is picking which thing is actually a sign.

So, El Guapo I think would make a good partner.
BB2112 used a lot of brain power when he had 2 votes on him. Defensive wolf trying not to get lynched?
Newcastle felt like he was "over acting" the Why Vorret angle.
Scoop is...Scoop

So that is a few things that have stood out to me. Are any of those signs? Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not...
Lassr - what we absloutely know 100% Vorret was innocent. We also know moliere was innocent. But Vorret helps shape the game, because it was the wolves moves. I kind of like to try to disect their moves. That was their big move...now why? Its an interesting choice. I dont think i am over reacting, instead I am trying to figure out their mindset a bit more. Its the one main clue we have that has their paw prints on it.
I feel like it was a reaction to my post about the two of them being on the Moliere vote or like you said offing a player that will have lasting power.

I think it is interesting that it avoids the usual suspects. Take on face value that points directly at our resident newb. I don’t think Punisher has ever been evil has he?

Punisher, you got something to get off your chest?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9776
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Newcastle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Scoop20906 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:06 pm
Newcastle wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:37 pm
I feel a bit muted, Newcastle. Moliere is one of my usual foils but he was muted himself. No Unagi to constantly be suspicious of. No one gunning for my head? What am I susposed to do? Lol
When has someone else ever stopped you from being chaotic scoop?

/arches eyebrow

fine

  withdraw punisher  
 


  scoop  
 
Finally!!!
/tips hat
"do what i can"
America held hostage enters Day 39

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5406
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by bb2112 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Lassr wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 pm

BB2112 used a lot of brain power when he had 2 votes on him. Defensive wolf trying not to get lynched?
Actually that was offense, not defense. :P
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2128
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Punisher » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:15 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:05 am
I'm also trying to wrap my head around who i think could be guilty and who could be innocent. And I can't come up with anything clean one way or another. Some people i think are acting a bit odd, but it could be benign reasons. I think scoop is a bit muted believe it or not. BB is acting off, El Guapo brain isn't present yet that i am use to. Lassr i dont know about. Holman i feel is flyign under the radar. punisher too laizes faire. And man that's all who's playing. Wow.

I really can't fault anyone for yesterdays vote either. And that is kind of bothering me, that i cant get a real read on the game, since I can make a solid case against everyone and no really exonerate anyone. Hmm, what to do what to do.

/scratches head in puzzlement
/taps fingers melodically on the hardwood walls
Couple things..
Scoop: I'm not sure what you consider muted, but I think Scoop had one of the higher post counts.. They were somewhat entertaining, but not really useful. I'm still trying to decide of Scoop just comes off his meds for these games...
BB: What do you think is off about him? My vote on him was purely random.. It is usually a while before I start drawing any sort of conclusions, so random it is.
El Guapo: He seems off to me, but before you ask, I cant place it.. Maybe losing his Alt this early threw him. (I don't think Moliere has ever gone in round one.)
Lassr: I''m very neutral about him right now.
Holman: Feels normal so far.
Newcastle: I'd have to look at past games, but I dont remember you being this analytical. I could be wrong.
Punisher: too laizes faire.. Maybe, but I am usually very laid back for these games (and life in general. I had a district manager complain to my manager because he couldn't get a rise out of me..and he wound everyone up) It's a game and I do it for fun, just like I hope everyone does it. Plus I still consider myself too new to have a valid input that people should take as gold. Even with this list... Although, for the wolves, you should save me for last.. You should take that as gold. ;)
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2128
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Punisher » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:16 pm

Lassr wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 pm
I've said it before, we are all well seasoned enough at this that it is harder and harder to catch someone without a little luck. Sure there are wolf signs there but you usually don't see them until after the game.

The trick is picking which thing is actually a sign.

So, El Guapo I think would make a good partner.
BB2112 used a lot of brain power when he had 2 votes on him. Defensive wolf trying not to get lynched?
Newcastle felt like he was "over acting" the Why Vorret angle.
Scoop is...Scoop

So that is a few things that have stood out to me. Are any of those signs? Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not...
I cant think of a game where there were any obvious signs of wolfishness on day 1.. There just isn't enough data.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2128
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Punisher » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:18 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:04 pm
Lassr wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 pm
I've said it before, we are all well seasoned enough at this that it is harder and harder to catch someone without a little luck. Sure there are wolf signs there but you usually don't see them until after the game.

The trick is picking which thing is actually a sign.

So, El Guapo I think would make a good partner.
BB2112 used a lot of brain power when he had 2 votes on him. Defensive wolf trying not to get lynched?
Newcastle felt like he was "over acting" the Why Vorret angle.
Scoop is...Scoop

So that is a few things that have stood out to me. Are any of those signs? Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not...
Lassr - what we absloutely know 100% Vorret was innocent. We also know moliere was innocent. But Vorret helps shape the game, because it was the wolves moves. I kind of like to try to disect their moves. That was their big move...now why? Its an interesting choice. I dont think i am over reacting, instead I am trying to figure out their mindset a bit more. Its the one main clue we have that has their paw prints on it.
While they definitely weren't wolves, I'm not sure if I would call them innocent.. :)
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2128
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Punisher » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Scoop20906 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:15 pm
Newcastle wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 pm
I've said it before, we are all well seasoned enough at this that it is harder and harder to catch someone without a little luck. Sure there are wolf signs there but you usually don't see them until after the game.

The trick is picking which thing is actually a sign.

So, El Guapo I think would make a good partner.
BB2112 used a lot of brain power when he had 2 votes on him. Defensive wolf trying not to get lynched?
Newcastle felt like he was "over acting" the Why Vorret angle.
Scoop is...Scoop

So that is a few things that have stood out to me. Are any of those signs? Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not...
Lassr - what we absloutely know 100% Vorret was innocent. We also know moliere was innocent. But Vorret helps shape the game, because it was the wolves moves. I kind of like to try to disect their moves. That was their big move...now why? Its an interesting choice. I dont think i am over reacting, instead I am trying to figure out their mindset a bit more. Its the one main clue we have that has their paw prints on it.
I feel like it was a reaction to my post about the two of them being on the Moliere vote or like you said offing a player that will have lasting power.

I think it is interesting that it avoids the usual suspects. Take on face value that points directly at our resident newb. I don’t think Punisher has ever been evil has he?

Punisher, you got something to get off your chest?
While I am not now, nor have I ever been a wolf, I'm not sure anyone can say I've never been evil. :)
and past history means nothing really.. all roles are random and since players and roles are also different game to game, I am sure it is possible to go a long time without being a wolf.. Just like someone can get back to back seer roles.. If the players and roles stayed constant, there might be something to say for the law of averages, so past roles aren't a valid data point.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
bb2112
End of Days
Posts: 5406
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by bb2112 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:47 am

 El Guapo 
 
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Lassr » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:37 pm

 El Guapo 
 
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2128
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Punisher » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:42 pm

bb and laser..
Any particular reason for those votes or just trying to kill off Moliere's Alt?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Lassr » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:00 pm

Punisher wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:42 pm
bb and laser..
Any particular reason for those votes or just trying to kill off Moliere's Alt?
Lassr wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 pm

So, El Guapo I think would make a good partner.
BB2112 used a lot of brain power when he had 2 votes on him. Defensive wolf trying not to get lynched?
Newcastle felt like he was "over acting" the Why Vorret angle.
Scoop is...Scoop

So that is a few things that have stood out to me. Are any of those signs? Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9776
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Newcastle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:54 pm

  el guapo  
 


for reasons i stated previously.


N-1
America held hostage enters Day 39

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 29948
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by El Guapo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:37 am

Well! I spend a long weekend celebrating the legacy of Dr. King, and come back to this! That's quite the how-do-you-do!

Anyway, feel free to off me, since I, like my definitely-not-an-alt, is just a simple, humble villager. I'm also not super engaged this game, TBH, so there are worse choices. Now, there are also better ones - like, say, either of the wolves. But there are also worse ones.

That said, bb2112 and Newcastle in particular should say more about why me and why now, before the village proceeds with anything.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9776
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Newcastle » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm

 remove el guapo  
 
America held hostage enters Day 39

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 29948
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by El Guapo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm
 remove el guapo  
 
I'm curious - why did you drop your vote on me?

Post Reply