Werewolf! The Original

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Oh oh - me too. It would be fun to have a massive game. 20-30 people, 2-3 seers, and 4-5 werewolf.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Oh well. That was fun!

Count me in for another game whenever there is room.
Crux

Post by Crux »

I would suggest keeping the game sizes in the 8-12 people range. I'm happy to keep running a parallel game alongside Padre's, so with two going at once hopefully we can keep the populace happy! :D

Also sign me up for another one run by Padre. That was a lot of fun.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Crux wrote: I think perhaps the only rule regarding the pms should be no screenshotting them. The game should all be he-said, she-said.
:cry:
Crux

Post by Crux »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Crux wrote: I think perhaps the only rule regarding the pms should be no screenshotting them. The game should all be he-said, she-said.
Not pointing any fingers, Ralph. There were no rules established and it was a smart move on your part at the time. I'm just saying for future games :D
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

pick me!!
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Koz

Post by Koz »

I'll run one as well if the games are to be kept small and more moderating types are needed.
Padre

Post by Padre »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
You realise how easy it is to forge a PM, right? Start from PM-ing yourself (possible), and move from there to outright image manipulation, if you do it well. No, I'm all for people using any evidence they can think of, so long as a fake as at least possible.

If someone comes up with some form of completely reliable evidence, I may ban it, but I have a hard time imagining what it might be over this medium.

I think the only tweak that needs making (although the circumstances didn't come up here) is not to anounce the death of the Seer (treating his death as a regular villager's), to allow more room for faking the Seer role.

But I invite rules tweaking suggestions, especially if anyone reckons they have an completely unbeatable strategy.
Sparhawk

Post by Sparhawk »

Ya srsly!
Padre

Post by Padre »

I'm thinking the next game will be 16-18 players, three wolves and one seer. We'll see how this scales. If it's a disaster I'kl return to smaller games.

Meanwhile, I'm happy for others to run games if they so choose, of any size with any rules variation.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I felt all along that YM was a werewolf, mostly because I was the first to die. It seemed like an obvious move on his part due to his jealously of all things Red Sox.
Padre wrote:I'm thinking the next game will be 16-18 players, three wolves and one seer. We'll see how this scales. If it's a disaster I'kl return to smaller games.
That works for me.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Grund, don't forget to add me to the list of those wanting in for the next round!
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Lol! I suck at this game..

After tgb got lynched and Ralph got eaten I started to suspect setaside and crux. Setaside had been too quiet on day one, then when someone pointed that out he got defensive and went accusation-crazy. Crux and him accused each other for awhile, and Setaside voted to lynch Crux, but then withdrew it (before the vote tally accidentally hit a majority?). They seemed like they were trying too hard to throw people off. Yankeeman was bursting with some sort of secret, I figured he was the seer. When he turned out to be a wolf, I figured Crux must be the seer and probably knew that setaside was the other wolf, but didn't want to be obvious about it. SiM and CMark seemed too confused and/or cautious to be anything other than villagers, though glabsden just completely flew under my radar.

gg all!

Should round 2 be started in a different thread? Bulky threads make the forum heave and wheeze. Well, not really, but they make it harder to find the info you're looking for..
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Lycanthropic Boogaloo thoughts:

This is going to be a tough group. Grund alone makes me scared. ;)
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Kelric wrote:I felt all along that YM was a werewolf, mostly because I was the first to die. It seemed like an obvious move on his part due to his jealously of all things Red Sox.
Lol, that was the least convincing argument I heard for YM being a werewolf. Any single one of those players could have done you in. I'll be amazed if you don't get killed on the first night of Round 2. ;D
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Cesare's Divine Spark wrote:Any single one of those players could have done you in.
I know, but it didn't turn out that way, did it? :P
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Kelric wrote:Lycanthropic Boogaloo thoughts:

My prediction: If he isn't the first one the werewolves munch on, he should be the first one lynched.

~Neal
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Add me to the list.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Padre

Post by Padre »

Note - assuming the two question marked player sconfrim, my Werewolf 2 is already full. WOuld someone else be willing to run another parallel game?
Padre

Post by Padre »

Also, I'm to bed. Good night! Hope the werewolves don't bite!
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

The Meal wrote:
Kelric wrote:Lycanthropic Boogaloo thoughts:

My prediction: If he isn't the first one the werewolves munch on, he should be the first one lynched.

~Neal
Well, not to fuck up the game before it gets started, but it's possible the werewolves would leave him alive in order to let the lynch mob do their dirty work, because he's the obvious candidate (other than Kelric) for a day one death. I know Asharak disagrees with this strategy. :D

Of course,
Vizzini wrote:...So clealy I can't drink the wine in front of you...
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Which is exactly why I made it the obvious decision for the werewolves (to leave him alive). Then the lynchmob has to consider that he may *not* actually be a wolf. So clearly they cannot pick the pedant in front of you.

~Neal
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

The Meal wrote:Which is exactly why I made it the obvious decision for the werewolves (to leave him alive). Then the lynchmob has to consider that he may *not* actually be a wolf. So clearly they cannot pick the pedant in front of you.

~Neal
This is worse than that time I got involved in a land war in Asia!
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Well, my work schedule kept me from being able to vote for gbasden, but I'm glad the villagers did the deed.

Great game, and I'd like to play again in a larger group!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Good job, everyone. Nice bit of strategery, Crux. I've already passed my list to Padre, but it looks as if another session may be forming.

Koz has expressed interest in running a session. I'm also willing to run one if the list of participants overflows.
docD

Post by docD »

I'd like to be added to the list please.

docD
setaside

Post by setaside »

I'd be willing to flail my arms around helplessly again. :oops:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

The Meal wrote:My prediction: If he isn't the first one the werewolves munch on, he should be the first one lynched.
But I don't even watch baseball! :(

BTW: Padre's list for round 2 has been posted, and I have started an overflow list for a separate session, possibly under Crux's leadership again.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

ChrisGrenard wrote:
The Meal wrote:Which is exactly why I made it the obvious decision for the werewolves (to leave him alive). Then the lynchmob has to consider that he may *not* actually be a wolf. So clearly they cannot pick the pedant in front of you.

~Neal
This is worse than that time I got involved in a land war in Asia!
What other type of war can you have in Asia?
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

An air war... a naval war... I think even a guerrilla war, while technically still on land, would still be sufficient to avoid the traditional pitfalls of a "land war in Asia".

- Ash