Moderator: Zaxxon

Padre

Werewolf! The Original

Post by Padre »

This game is now over.

--------------------------

Here are the rules:

The TEN of you constitute the Village.

SEVEN of you are innocent "Villagers". Two of you are secretly "Werewolves". One of you is a "Seer", and while you don't have to keep this a secret, you have no means of proving you are the true Seer.

I will choose, at random, which of you gets each role.

At Night, the Werwolves choose a villager to murder. They conspire in secret between them to choose - so they may choose the Seer (except that they don't know which one of you he is), but they won't choose themselves.

Also at Night, the Seer recieves a Vision. He may ask about one player "Is X a werewolf?". I will give him a True answer to his question.

At Dawn, the Village will awake to find that one Villager has been murdered by the Werewolves. You are all told who this is, and whether that player was a Villager or the True Seer. Dead players are out of the game and should no longer communicate with live players.

The Village then votes on a player to Lynch. This may be anyone - Seer, Werewolf, innocent Villager - indeed, the game hinges on the players not being certain who is who. The player with the most votes is killed, and is out of the game. You are all told, after the player has been killed, whether he was a Villager, the Seer, or a Werewolf.

The Villagers and Seer win if they kill the Werewolves.

The Werewolves win if they kill enough Villagers (through direct murder and misdirecting the lynch mob) to reduce their numbers to equal with the Werewolves (ie. two Villagers/Seer left, or only one if one of the werewolves is already dead).

--------------------------

You may post any discussion in this thread. There are no restrictions on speech for the living - anyone and everyone may freely claim to be the Seer, a Villager, or even a Werewolf (if you want), make predictions, threats, accusations, tell blatant lies, subtle lies, half-truths, misleading truths and even unvarnished honest truths.

You may also communicate via PM, to anyone you choose, saying anything you choose.

The one resticiton there is is on the dead - the dead should not speak to anyone. As soon as a definite decision has been made on who to Lynch, that person is dead and should speak no more. Obviously I can't (and won't) enforce this, but keep it in mind as being not in the spirit of the game. Dead men tell no tales.

I will personally declare the changes between Night and Day, who has been murdered by the Werewolves at Night, and the results of all votes for Lynching.

PLAYER LIST:

tgb
CGMark
Ralph-Wiggum
smutly
setaside
Crux
gbasden
Yankeeman84
Suitably Ironic Moniker
Kelric
Shkspr

Post by Shkspr »

Oh, for the love of fuck, don't do this. Doesn't Kelric pad his post count enough? :cry:
Austin

Post by Austin »

Sounds like a game we used to play called mafia.
Padre

Post by Padre »

Austin wrote:Sounds like a game we used to play called mafia.
It is indeed essentially a retitled Mafia. It was first taught to me as Werewolf, and I prefer that theme, so here I am.
Padre

Post by Padre »

Shkspr wrote:Oh, for the love of fuck, don't do this. Doesn't Kelric pad his post count enough? :cry:
Not sure what the hostility is all about. I just thought it might be fun. If it doesn't interest you you're welcome to ignore the thread.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I'm in. Does each werewolf know about the other?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

I just woke up having come from staten island at about 4 am, playing Mafia/BBQ with friends. Interesting that this thread was just started.
Padre

Post by Padre »

tgb wrote:I'm in. Does each werewolf know about the other?
Yes, and they conspire together to kill one person at a time.
CGMark

Post by CGMark »

In
raydude

Post by raydude »

Is this "at night" in real-time? I.e. I can get by with a few postings a day? Or is this compressed time where I have to constantly watch the forum?
Padre

Post by Padre »

raydude wrote:Is this "at night" in real-time? I.e. I can get by with a few postings a day? Or is this compressed time where I have to constantly watch the forum?
Unless I find things bogging down to absurd levels, I'll wait till everyone's votes are in before advancing time from day to night, and I'll wait until I've done the visions and murder for the Seer/Werewolf players before moving form Night to Day.

If things do bog down ridiculously, I will A) harass the slow player B) try and replace him with someone else quickly C) just have him killed, possibly in that order.

I don't envisage this happening, though, as this is an extremely low-participation-required and extremely disposable game. All that's require dof the average player is one vote per day/night cycle - and a bit more form the wereolves and seer, but only amounting to an extra vote per night. That doesn't seem arduous. Unless someone goes on holiday or something, in which case I'd hope they'd have the courtesy to warn everyone first.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Sure, I'll play.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

I'll play. I can't view at work, though, so my responses will have to be in the evening M thru F.
setaside

Post by setaside »

In.
Crux

Post by Crux »

In. If I'm not too late.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Padre

Post by Padre »

Smutly wrote:I'll play. I can't view at work, though, so my responses will have to be in the evening M thru F.
I imagien we'll go at a rtate of about a day/night cycle a day at best, especially early on. So I don't anticipate this being a problem.

Besides, you might get eaten on the first night :).
Crux

Post by Crux »

Now I'm in I should go read the rules :P
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Padre

Post by Padre »

CURRENT PLAYERS:

tgb
CGMark
Ralph-Wiggum
smutly
setaside
Crux
gbasden
Yankeeman84
Suitably Ironic Moniker
Kelric

NOTE:

The structure of the game is such that one player will be torn apart by werewolves before anything much else happens. Sorry if this happens to you, but well, thems the breaks. I'll allow the first victim free entry into the next game, if desired (and if there is one).
Austin

Post by Austin »

Padre wrote:CURRENT PLAYERS:

tgb
CGMark
Ralph-Wiggum
smutly
setaside
Crux

QUERY:

Austin
raydude
Matrix

Did any of you guys mean to put yourself in with your posts? I've erred on the side of treating replies as just commentary unless they explicitly stated "in". If any of you guys indictae you emant to be included to me in some way, then I'll give you slots in order. If necessary I'll bump up the number of players to ten or twelve to fit y'all in.

If not, or you three don't say anything, we kick off as soon as I have eight confirmed players.

NOTE:

The structure of the game is such that one player will be torn apart by werewolves before anything much else happens. Sorry if this happens to you, but well, thems the breaks. I'll allow the first victim free entry into the next game, if desired (and if there is one).
My attendance might irregular for a bit so I'd rather not end up holding up the game. Thanks though.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

In! Assuming, of course, that more slots are open.
Padre

Post by Padre »

gbasden wrote:In! Assuming, of course, that more slots are open.
Yes, we have room for you and TWO more, given that Suitably Ironic Monikler is also in, although he deleted his post.
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

Count me in.
XBox Live Gamertag: Yankeeman84

GO HOKIES!!!

Virginia Tech Department of History

Post by Default »

Austin wrote:Sounds like a game we used to play called mafia.
The kids in my son's scout troop play mafia all the time.

Of course, we're talking about Philly mafia, where the losers are dumped in the Pine Barrens. :lol:
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Padre

Post by Padre »

Ok, so Yankeeman84 and SUitably Ironic Moniker (I saw you, man, don't pretend you were never here :) ) make two more, so one more please!
Padre

Post by Padre »

/me hurriedlly retcons everything so that it reads right for needing TEN players.

/me whistles nonchalantly

ONE MORE, PLEASE!
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

In, provided I don't need to respond for the rest of the evening. :)
Padre

Post by Padre »

Kelric takes it!

No more, please. You can go in the next one. If there is a next one.

I will now commune with the gods to determine who shall be afflicted with the terrible Curse of Lycanthropy, and who will be gifted with the Shining^H^H^H^H^H^H^H "the gift of Second Sight".

The requisite players will be informed, and the nightime shenananigans will begin.

Muhahahahahah........ha.
Padre

Post by Padre »

Alright, the D10 of divinity has been rolled, the roles assigned, and events shall take their course.

IT IS NIGHT

Somewhere out there, two werewolves prowl. On whom shall they feast?

Somewhere out there, a man is wracked by terrible prophetic dreams. He may be the only hope the villagers have - if he doesn't get eaten first. Ad if anyone belives him. And provided the lynch mob doesn't string him up by mistake.

Everyone but the werewolves is sleeping. No talk until dawn, please.
rhinohelix

Post by rhinohelix »

I am just wondering: When does the the M. Night Shamalamadingdog movie version of this come out, as the first post sounds like notes from the first script meeting.
Stars swelled to dawns, and dawns burst into fountains of gold, carmine, and purple, and still the dreamer fell.
Det. Dave

Post by Det. Dave »

TO: ASER1234@AOL.COM

kbg SAVE 82%: W0lf84NE, S1lv3r8ulletz, h0lyH20, Cruc1fixez

mistress work human whom burst,
Super H0T Se11ing Quality Meds At Cheeap
We dont keep ur record (not even your name)
You are safe with us, You Pay & we ship

bread C11ck Here To 0rdeer comes
Austin

Post by Austin »

I'm the sheriff and I say that Imlawboy is the killer.
Padre

Post by Padre »

IT IS DAY

Dawn rises on the sleepy village of Octopus-Over-Lordington.

But today the usual fresh summer air has been infected with the taint... of MURDER!

To the horror of the small community, Kelric has been found savaged by werewolves! The bite marks and scratches all over his bloated corpse are unmistakable.

A mob gathers in the village square, hungry for justice... but on whom will they exact revenge?

-----------------

I open the floor to lies, accusations, threats, and even truth telling of all stripes. Nothing is forbidden (except Kelric talking, he's dead).

If you wish to cast a vote for who the mob should lynch and kill, DO SO IN BOLD so I can see it.

You may change your vote at any time.. however, as soon as majority in favour of killing any one person is reached, that person dies (as sooon as I see it, anyway).

Only one person will be lynched today.

There are nine of you left, so five votes constitutes a majority.

If this takes too long, I'll lynch whoever has plurality of votes (ie. the most out of votes that have been cast).

So, talk! Accuse! Lie! Persuade!

Do it here where we can all see you, it's more fun. I can't ban PMs between you, but it's more fun if everyone sees :).
CGMark

Post by CGMark »

oh my god! Kelric was such a nice boy too. I cant believe something like this would happen HERE!

I know one of you knows who did this. Speak up, already.
Crux

Post by Crux »

That Suitably Ironic Monitor guy smells funny. And he plays the drums late at night!
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Alas, poor Kelric. Alas, I am not gifted with "the sight" and remain a poor villager, pissing in his pants. Although I wear yellow stained clothing, I am scared and angry! Who knows something about this dastardly deed?!?!? SPEAK UP!
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Padre wrote:Nothing is forbidden (except Kelric talking)
Can this be our new CoC?

- Ash
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Hmmm.... Kelric's the first to die? Who would have a reason to hate Kelric? What does Kelric represent - that's right, the Boston Red Sox. And who hates the Red Sox? Yankee fans, of course.

Thus, my flawless logic shows that Yankeeman is a werewolf. Lynch him!!!
tgb

Post by tgb »

Last night my sleep was disturbed by horrible screams. This morning I found animal tracks leading to ralph-wiggum's cottage.

Who knows what horrible secrets these Hebrews keep. Since the well has been boarded up, I say hang him.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Gah! tgb is a werewolf (either that or he really doesn't like me :( ). He must know I'm on the right track with Yankeeman, too - why else would he try to get me killed?
tgb

Post by tgb »

Lies, I tell you! Lies! Just look at ralph-wiggum's thumbs, and you will know the truth.