[Werewolf] And then there was one. Werewolf that is.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Ok, here's my tally

ChrisGrenard - No vote
ClanWolfer - Chris
Padre - Clanwolfer
LordMortis - Chris
Bad Demographic - Chris
Arkon - No vote

That puts me at exactly 50%. Isn't it a majority vote to lynch?
Not if you and Arkon vote for Clanwolfer.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Asharak wrote:That said, you've received enough votes to be lynched, by my count, so you'll likely be dead as soon as the guy running the game has time to string you up.

Unless you can convince people to change their votes between now and then, of course. ;)

- Ash
Arkon withdrew his vote. Plus, I think Crux said he would be busy until noon or so today.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

As we are in a lull, I present to you a list of our suspects with mug shots, compliments of google images.

ChrisGrenard

ClanWolfer

Padre

LordMortis

Bad Demographic (no, I don't know why she's a lizard either...)

Arkon

Arkon

Post by Arkon »

See clanwolfer is chasing a ball, he must be a werewolf.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

From my reading of the rules, you can continue to change your vote until Crux arrives to tally the votes and declares it to be nighttime.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Bakhtosh wrote:From my reading of the rules, you can continue to change your vote until Crux arrives to tally the votes and declares it to be nighttime.
That was my understanding as well.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Arkon wrote:See clanwolfer is chasing a ball, he must be a werewolf.
The funny thing is that I didn't realize that website was still around. I thought the provider was out of business long ago.

This stuff really does stay on the internet forever.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I don't think we're doing a very good job of rabbling. Needs more rabbling.

Rabble rabble! Rabble! Rabble rabble rabble rabble!
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

ChrisGrenard wrote:I don't think we're doing a very good job of rabbling. Needs more rabbling.

Rabble rabble! Rabble! Rabble rabble rabble rabble!
Perhaps you need to cast your vote, or convince the others you are not a werewolf.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Ok... I really don't like accusing others without evidence... but, I'll tell you what. I don't know if it's related, or possibly another joke on the forum, but I don't like that both BD and clanwolfer have variations of El Guapo for their tags.

Of those two, as Clanwolfer has more votes at current time, I vote Clanwolfer
Austin

Post by Austin »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Ok... I really don't like accusing others without evidence... but, I'll tell you what. I don't know if it's related, or possibly another joke on the forum, but I don't like that both BD and clanwolfer have variations of El Guapo for their tags.

Of those two, as Clanwolfer has more votes at current time, I vote Clanwolfer
But I am El_Guapo.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I see. So we are surrounded. :shock:
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

So we are a "hung" jury at the moment. The problem is that either the seer is dead or has been overly silent. We are left with just speculation. Just the mere mention of clanwolfer's suspicious name send him into a maniacial rage trying to defend himself. Clearly he is a werewolf.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Arkon wrote:So we are a "hung" jury at the moment. The problem is that either the seer is dead or has been overly silent. We are left with just speculation. Just the mere mention of clanwolfer's suspicious name send him into a maniacial rage trying to defend himself. Clearly he is a werewolf.
And yet, I've been the most attention-grabbing. Partly it's because I like the sound of my own keyboard, but would a smart werewolf (which clearly, if I were a werewolf, I would be) draw attention to himself?

Of course, now we also have a conundrum. Say I came into a piece of information which exonerated ChrisGrenard. I could call him out, but I doubt it would be effective enough to swing votes his way at this late stage, and with the hung jury, withdrawing my vote from CG would effectively condemn myself, and doom us all (as they'd just kill another innocent tonight).
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Clanwolfer wrote:
Arkon wrote:So we are a "hung" jury at the moment. The problem is that either the seer is dead or has been overly silent. We are left with just speculation. Just the mere mention of clanwolfer's suspicious name send him into a maniacial rage trying to defend himself. Clearly he is a werewolf.
And yet, I've been the most attention-grabbing. Partly it's because I like the sound of my own keyboard, but would a smart werewolf (which clearly, if I were a werewolf, I would be) draw attention to himself?

Of course, now we also have a conundrum. Say I came into a piece of information which exonerated ChrisGrenard. I could call him out, but I doubt it would be effective enough to swing votes his way at this late stage, and with the hung jury, withdrawing my vote from CG would effectively condemn myself, and doom us all (as they'd just kill another innocent tonight).
Yet if you had such evidence, providing it would seem to eliminate both of you from suspiscion. We would then need to look elsewhere. And a smart werewolf could play the opposite intentionally to try and grab attention so people would believe they were in fact a villager.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Arkon wrote:
Clanwolfer wrote:

Yet if you had such evidence, providing it would seem to eliminate both of you from suspiscion. We would then need to look elsewhere. And a smart werewolf could play the opposite intentionally to try and grab attention so people would believe they were in fact a villager.
Only if it's convincing. Which, hypothetically, it isn't.

Were I to have such information, of course.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

You know what, I'm switching my vote. Padre has been very oddly silent as of late. I would almost call it, 'lying low.' Perhaps he thinks that simply by staying in the shadows while all this happens, we will hang ourselves and he won't have to do a think.

My vote goes to Padre
Padre

Post by Padre »

Procedural point for Crux - if the Seer is killed, are you declaring he was the Seer? The rules that I posted say that you should, but I'm not sure if you're using that or not.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

[pretends he is still quiet while waiting for Crux' return]I didn't see that in the description. I need to read closer. That actually changes tactics dramatically as the ability to prove by death now goes up huge[/pretends]
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Padre wrote:Procedural point for Crux - if the Seer is killed, are you declaring he was the Seer? The rules that I posted say that you should, but I'm not sure if you're using that or not.
Hypothetically, this would aid my decision based on the alleged veracity hypothetical information that I hypothetically and theoretically received in my earlier example.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Bad Demographic wrote:I've been looking for clues in our posts (the players) and in Crux's. I keep thinking that McNutt's "avenge me" picture is a clue, but that probably wouldn't be fair of him, so maybe it's not. Besides, I'm going nowhere trying to figure out what it could be a clue to.

- The first night, the light was on at ChrisGrenard's after everybody else had gone to bed.
- After the opening scene, ChrisGrenard asked for instructions. I think only the werewolves and the seer would have done that. Shortly after that, Crux said something about waiting for the seer to ask about another player.
- For the two werewolf kills so far, the screams have been high-pitched. Those words weren't used for the first night, but think about how the screams should have sounded, given Crux's description. Who among the players would OO lore attribute a high scream to? (my answer - Chris)
- The book at McNutt's that was torn up was titled "Curved swords ARE better for slashing". I think that's a clue to the other werewolf.
Just to address this post specifically now that I am at a computer.

I have included absolutely zero clues. All of the comments I have made about our posters were color commentary. If you remember obscure details about our participants, it would all make sense. Tareeq was a Spelling Bee champ back in his younger days, hence the "Speller's Weekly" magazine. McNutt I believe started the infamous "curved swords" debate, hence his treatise. The high pitches scream was NOT from the werewolves, but their victim.

Absolutely read everything you want into each other's words, but please don't read anything into mine. I would never tip the balance in the game in such a manner! That said I will now go back and finish reading all the posts and get this party started again.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Crux

Post by Crux »

And to clarify, I will not inform you all of the Seer's death. Or perhaps I've already not informed you of it. Who knows? :D

Alrighty... just to avoid confusion, please post your clear votes below in bold of whom you wish dead. Three votes for someone marks their death.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Padre

Post by Padre »

I vote for ChrisGrenard!

May the gods save us all...
Padre

Post by Padre »

I vote for ChrisGrenard!

May the gods save us all...
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Crux wrote:And to clarify, I will not inform you all of the Seer's death. Or perhaps I've already not informed you of it. Who knows? :D

Alrighty... just to avoid confusion, please post your clear votes below in bold of whom you wish dead. Three votes for someone marks their death.
Can you give us a current tally?
Bad Demographic

I still vote we lynch ChrisGrenard
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Crux

Post by Crux »

I should clarify: three votes for someone from three different people...

Nice try Padre.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

ChrisGrenard

Though I am watching this thread as closely as time will permit. There has been one particularly suspicious action that has raised my eyebrow.

Edit: three votes or four?
Crux

Post by Crux »

ChrisGrenard wrote:
Crux wrote:And to clarify, I will not inform you all of the Seer's death. Or perhaps I've already not informed you of it. Who knows? :D

The tally is:
2 votes for Chris Grenard.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Oh drat.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Buh bye now
Bad Demographic

Crux wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:

The tally is:
2 votes for Chris Grenard.
Are you discounting Padre's vote?
I count three - from Padre, me and LordMortis.

Black Lives Matter
Crux

Post by Crux »

By the time the last feeble twitch of his legs had subsided, some of the other villagers had already searched his cabin. Under his pillow was an Anna Nicole Smith calendar, a bottle of lotion and an empty bag of cheetos at his bedside table. But this was't what told them the truth. The clumps of hair - nay fur in the sink, plus the brief dissection of the body marked Chris Grenard as clearly being a werewolf!!!11!

The villagers celebrated briefly their triumph and escape from certain death. Their feelings sombered quickly when they realized the day was spent in their long debate, and dusk had arrived. Another night lay ahead of them, and surely another victim. Who would it be?

Nightime is here!

I need a PM from the remaining werewolf. The seer can send me one also if they want ;)
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Crux

Post by Crux »

The Village:

ChrisGrenard [Dead] Werewolf!
ClanWolfer
Padre
LordMortis
Sith Lord [Dead]
McNutt [Dead]
Bad Demographic
Arkon
Tareeq [Dead]
Bad Demographic

Out of character:
In about 10 minutes I'm going to be heading out. I'm going to Bob's company's get together tonight, so I won't be around (probably) until late-ish. I will pm my thoughts to Crux.

Black Lives Matter
Crux

Post by Crux »

Dawn arrived, this time without the usual screams from the night before. Was it possible there was only one werewolf? Sadly not.

The first sign that something was amiss was the book lying out in the village lane. "Moderating for Dummies" had half the cover torn off. Bad Demographic's face was covered by this week's Best Buy Circular ad, but after seeing the shredded state of the torso none of the villagers needed to check for life.

The few remaining survivors gathered to discuss their next actions...

ChrisGrenard [Dead] Werewolf!
ClanWolfer
Padre
LordMortis
Sith Lord [Dead]
McNutt [Dead]
Bad Demographic [Dead]
Arkon
Tareeq [Dead]

For now, three votes required for the lynching. If we hit tomorrow and there's been no change in a stalemate, then the first person to have had two votes will be 'it'.

Next time I'll do the math right and we'll always have an odd number for voting :P
Padre

Post by Padre »

It must be Arkon. LordMortis is too innocent-sounding, and ChrisGrenard (I spit on his mongrel corpse! How could I have trusted him?) was guning for ClanWolfer to be strung up, which makes no sense.

I apologies to you, ClanWolfer, for my earlier slande rof your good, if unfortunately-suspicious-sounding, name.

Arkon it is! Kill him!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I'm thinking BD was the seer...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unless something else comes up I concur, it is Arkon, if only becuase to of the Chris flip flop. He was the first to hang Chris to dry but switched his vote as the majority came in, as if to say "just kidding." That scares me.