[Werewolf] And then there was one. Werewolf that is.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

I don't trust Arkon or Padre. I must think on this.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

If you hang me, you will be hanging an innocent man. My gut was saying Grenard, but logic was telling me it wasn't him, he just seemed too clueless about everything to be a werewolf. Just as logic is trying to tell me that Clanwolfer is the werewolf due to his rabid defense mechanism, my gut says Padre.

Grenard voted for Padre, after originally targetting clanwolfer, which would seem to indicate that Padre is indeed a villager, unless of course Grenard was just trying to throw us off, seeing as Padre in turn voted for Grenard. As I KNOW I am not a werewolf, that means that everyone remaining voted for Grenard in the end, but Padre only did so when he realised Grenard was being hung regardless.

Clanwolfer, you said a "little birdie" told you that Grenard was innocent, who told you this? Obviously this little birdie was lying. Whoever told you this is most likely the Werewolf.
Padre

Post by Padre »

To say that I am a werewolf is abusrd. By switching my vote to the vile werewolf ChrisGrenard I played a significant part in condeming him at a time when lynching an innocent would have led to sure werewolf victory. Were I a wolf, why would I seell out my brother when I would have been poised on the brink of finally victory? The very idea is absurd.

No, Arkon is our man. Yes, he voted initially to lynch his wolf brother ChrisGrenard, but quickly switched away from that position when it was eveident the masses agreed. He was trying to throw us off by misdirection!

Arkon must die!
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Padre wrote:To say that I am a werewolf is abusrd. By switching my vote to the vile werewolf ChrisGrenard I played a significant part in condeming him at a time when lynching an innocent would have led to sure werewolf victory. Were I a wolf, why would I seell out my brother when I would have been poised on the brink of finally victory? The very idea is absurd.

No, Arkon is our man. Yes, he voted initially to lynch his wolf brother ChrisGrenard, but quickly switched away from that position when it was eveident the masses agreed. He was trying to throw us off by misdirection!

Arkon must die!
You are the one who changed your vote from Clanwolfer to Grenard when the masses agreed Padre.

If you will remember, at the time that you cast your vote on ChrisGrenard, I still had my vote in for him. He was destined to die at that point. You had nothing to lose by voting for him at that point, so you moved your vote. I however was uncertain about Grenard, and began my vote for Chris, something I wouldn't have done had I been a werewolf.

Clanwolfer, will you disclose who the litte birdie was? I think this will go a long way in determining who the last werewolf is.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Arkon wrote:
Padre wrote:To say that I am a werewolf is abusrd. By switching my vote to the vile werewolf ChrisGrenard I played a significant part in condeming him at a time when lynching an innocent would have led to sure werewolf victory. Were I a wolf, why would I seell out my brother when I would have been poised on the brink of finally victory? The very idea is absurd.

Arkon must die!
You are the one who changed your vote from Clanwolfer to Grenard when the masses agreed Padre.

If you will remember, at the time that you cast your vote on ChrisGrenard, I still had my vote in for him. He was destined to die at that point. You had nothing to lose by voting for him at that point, so you moved your vote. I however was uncertain about Grenard, and began my vote for Chris, something I wouldn't have done had I been a werewolf.

Clanwolfer, will you disclose who the litte birdie was? I think this will go a long way in determining who the last werewolf is.
The little birdie who gave up CG to me was BD. I tell you this in hopes that she gave CG up to others as well. She however, informed me that she was not the seer. At the time of the seers death, he only knew that he and BD were innocent and that CG was a werewolf. I had a 50-50 chance in trusting BD. Either I turned on her or I voted to kill Chris. One of the two of them had be wolves. This made for much better odds than trying to vote on two in five being a wolf (the sixth being me). As of Chris' lynching, I had a teammate. But then morning came and BD was dead. I tell you this because as of right now, either we kill the last werewolf or we all die tonight. Part of my condition of voting for CG's lynching was that I would not be the first. Trusting BD was a 50-50 risk based on her having informed me of the identity of the deceased seer and his finger pointing. It makes the most sense that she would have told others the same as she told me.

I will pull my vote for Akron whom at this moment seems the most reasonable (or become even more certain of his guilt) if others can tell me who the Seer was.

Edit: used to italicizing not bolding.
Padre

Post by Padre »

Arkon wrote: You are the one who changed your vote from Clanwolfer to Grenard when the masses agreed Padre.
At the time the masses were deadlocked - three votes each for ClanWolfer and ChrisGrenard respectively. far from being following thre crowd, my action was decisive.

Were I a werewolf, I should instead of rushed vociferously to ChrisGrenard's defence! Remember, had we not killed Grenard or the other wolf last night, the wolves would now have killed us all. Why would I, on the cusp of vicrtory, sell out my own wolf brother?
If you will remember, at the time that you cast your vote on ChrisGrenard, I still had my vote in for him.
This is a blatant falsifcation. If we review the logs, we can see that you withdrew your accusation way before I ever came to accuse ChrisGrenard. At the time I was accusing ClanWolfer, and after you came to accuse him too we were a hung jury: three votes for Clanwolfer (from you, me and ChirsGrenard himself) and three votes for Chris Grenard (LordMortis, Bad Demographic and ClanWolfer)

It was my change of heart that broke the deadlock and assuredly condemened ChrisGrenard. Why would I take such action were I his werewolf brother, when had a werewolf not died yesterday the entire town would have been theirs for the slaughter?
He was destined to die at that point. You had nothing to lose by voting for him at that point, so you moved your vote.
Nothing to lose? Quite wrong. I broke the deadlock and condemned him. Were I a werewolf, why would I want this, with the werewolves poised on the cusp of victory?
I however was uncertain about Grenard, and began my vote for Chris, something I wouldn't have done had I been a werewolf.
Unless you were trying deliberately to mislead. You withdrew your vote long before there was any danger of you actually being counted among his true opponents.

I think you deliberately voted for ChirsGrenard in order to make everyone think, when whe was discovered, that you couldn't possibly be the wolf, but then wavered conveniently afterward such that you wouldn't condemn him.
Padre

Post by Padre »

Sith Lord was the seer. Bad Demographic informed me also that ChrisGrenard was a wolf, and having first checked procedure to ensure that this was indeed possible (for Sith Lord was dead at this point and yet his death had not been announced as the seer's, but it transpires we have no way of telling), I changed my vote accordingly.

We know Bad Demographic had no reason to mislead - her death by werewolf this night proves her innocence. Upon confriming the information I acted immediately to condemen ChrisGrenard in what was at the time a deadlocked voting situation.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

LordMortis wrote:
Arkon wrote:

Arkon must die!

The little birdie who gave up CG to me was BD. I tell you this in hopes that she gave CG up to others as well. She however, informed me that she was not the seer. At the time of the seers death, he only knew that he and BD were innocent and that CG was a werewolf. I had a 50-50 chance in trusting BD. Either I turned on her or I voted to kill Chris. One of the two of them had be wolves. This made for much better odds than trying to vote on two in five being a wolf (the sixth being me). As of Chris' lynching, I had a teammate. But then morning came and BD was dead. I tell you this because as of right now, either we kill the last werewolf or we all die tonight. Part of my condition of voting for CG's lynching was that I would not be the first. Trusting BD was a 50-50 risk based on her having informed me of the identity of the deceased seer and his finger pointing. It makes the most sense that she would have told others the same as she told me.

I will pull my vote for Akron whom at this moment seems the most reasonable (or become even more certain of his guilt) if others can tell me who the Seer was.

Edit: used to italicizing not bolding.
Here is the thing then. Clanwolfer claimed to have been contacted and told that Grenard was innocent, but he wouldn't commit to it unless he knew wether the seer was dead. This makes me wonder if in fact Clanwolfer is the werewolf as he was trying to make Grenard seem innocent as well as expose the seer if at all possible. Remember it was clanwolfer who also made the statement about it being the break even point for the seer to reveal themselves.

I can not decide for sure, but am torn between padre and clanwolfer.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Sith Lord was, in fact, the seer according to BD. I stand with Padre.
Padre

Post by Padre »

I note also that at the last minute before I turned on him, ChrisGrenard, the wolf, turned on me! Why would he do this were I his wolf brother?
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

LordMortis wrote:Sith Lord was, in fact, the seer according to BD. I stand with Padre.
Then in fact Clanwolfer is the last Werewolf and has been creating misdirection. As such I cast my vote 100% at Clanwolfer
Crux

Post by Crux »

Current Vote Standings:

Padre: Arkon
LordMortis: Arkon
Arkon: Clanwolfer
Clanwolfer: Nobody
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I stand for Arkon. I will pull judgement to swith to Clanwolfer only if Padre does.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Arkon has far too much to say about everything for my comfort.

Edit: I will say, in light of recent revelations of identities, I was not contacted by the real Seer. :shock:
Padre

Post by Padre »

Then Arkon it is...
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

The you will all loose as I am not a werewolf, so be it string me up and see. My ghost will be sure to come back and say I told you so.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Arkon went to his death stoically. A good thing, since the three of them might have struggled to string him up easily alone. Of course, they were more than a little disappointed to see that Arkon was entirely human. There was only minutes to go until sundown, and the three scurried off to their huts for the night. Two of them were praying for salvation. One was preparing for dinner.

Come morning, only one was left alive in the village. The werewolf killed Padre first, saving Clanwolfer for dessert. When daylight arrived, LordMortis strolled around the now empty village, taking what he wished from the various cottages as he prepared to journey to a new village. After all, there was nothing left to eat here.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Padre

Post by Padre »

Holy shit

LordMortis, you played me!

I am in awe. Well playe sir. I don't think you got even a single vote!
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Ok, didn't see that one coming.

And on that note, I TOLD YOU I wasnt a werewolf!

:D
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I don't think I like this game. Holding back information/being dishonest literally makes my stomach hurt and my heart beat fast like I'm having an ulcer act up. Even for play with typing.

Good game everyone.

And thank you to Chris for falling on the sword that our kind may survive. You will be remembered.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

That could have gone better for the humans.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

LordMortis well played. I had ClanWolfer pegged as the other beastie
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Padre wrote:....

Holy shit

LordMortis, you played me!

I am in awe. Well playe sir. I don't think you got even a single vote!
I played BD and that's when I started to dislike the game. :(
Padre

Post by Padre »

Arkon wrote:Ok, didn't see that one coming.

Honestly Arkon, I wasn't sure you were, but I thought it was either you or Clanwolfer (foolishly, I'd entirely discounted LordMortis as even a possibility), and of the two you seemed more compatible.
Padre

Post by Padre »

LordMortis wrote:I don't think I like this game. Holding back information/being dishonest literally makes my stomach hurt and my heart beat fast like I'm having an ulcer act up. Even for play with typing.
You hide it well, you cold-blooded... man, I totally didn't think it. You just seemed innocent and slightly clueless from the off.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Padre wrote:

Honestly Arkon, I wasn't sure you were, but I thought it was either you or Clanwolfer (foolishly, I'd entirely discounted LordMortis as even a possibility), and of the two you seemed more compatible.
I never even suspected LordMortis. I started off so vocal, that despite wanting to back off, I felt like that would make me look more guilty than being vocal did. When clanwolfer claimed to have been contacted by the seer and told that grenard was innocent, I pegged him as being the last werewolf. So clanwolfer, who contacted you claiming to be the seer?
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Arkon wrote:
Padre wrote:

I never even suspected LordMortis. I started off so vocal, that despite wanting to back off, I felt like that would make me look more guilty than being vocal did. When clanwolfer claimed to have been contacted by the seer and told that grenard was innocent, I pegged him as being the last werewolf. So clanwolfer, who contacted you claiming to be the seer?
Technically, I never said that actually happened. :twisted:
Padre

Post by Padre »

Clanwolfer wrote:Technically, I never said that actually happened. :twisted:
So what was that all about? I spent ages trying to figure it eight different ways. So you weren't contacted by anyone claiming to be the seer? Why lie?
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Time to share.

From day 1 it was out plan to have one of us fall on the sword and the other be one of the first to condemn him to death. We both figured that would be optimal for deflecting blame away from werewolf #2.

Originally, we were going to have LordMortis take this role, but our game went a different path when the dead Sith Lord pegged me as a werewolf. Luckily, BD took LM under his wing as a trusted villager, and thus we went that direction. Of course, we did know that we could end the game that turn if I could survive, so I did my best to defend myself, but alas, my lies were easily read through.

And of course, our lucky break was when Arkon waffled on his condemnation of me and thus made himself look like the last werewolf. Lordmortis, being the passive voice he was, never raised an ounce of suspicion.

Also, let me tell you, lying is *hard*.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Padre wrote:
Clanwolfer wrote:Technically, I never said that actually happened. :twisted:
So what was that all about? I spent ages trying to figure it eight different ways. So you weren't contacted by anyone claiming to be the seer? Why lie?
Hoping someone would tip their hand ssmehow. I knew the seer couldn't have contacted me, so if I claimed to be contacted by the seer, hopefully I would have gotten a message from the seer/someone who the real seer contacted.

That, and I was bargaining on last remaining werewolf to use my statements to try and say that something was up and I was trying to create misdirection, since that would have been the smartest play for the last remaining wolf, and I'd thus have something a little more concrete than gut feeling to go on. Of course, Arkon had to pick that one up vocally; I, too, didn't even suspect LM.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lord Mortis -Secret Agent Werewolf. Had me fooled also.

I'd like to get in on the next game. Need a signup thread.
Crux

Post by Crux »

LordMortis wrote:I stand for Arkon. I will pull judgement to swith to Clanwolfer only if Padre does.
LordMortis played it perfectly until this post. With this one I thought he might have blown it. Basically it says "I'll vote for whoever can get a majority." Ie, he doesn't care so long as someone dies :D

But, very nicely played by the Werewolves.

My goofup with the even numbers made life a little harder for the villagers. A mistake I shall not repeat.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Excellent job, LM! I was totally fooled - though I have to admit, I was inclined to want to think neither you nor Chris could be a werewolf.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Crux wrote:
LordMortis wrote:I stand for Arkon. I will pull judgement to swith to Clanwolfer only if Padre does.
LordMortis played it perfectly until this post. With this one I thought he might have blown it. Basically it says "I'll vote for whoever can get a majority." Ie, he doesn't care so long as someone dies :D

But, very nicely played by the Werewolves.

My goofup with the even numbers made life a little harder for the villagers. A mistake I shall not repeat.

I had to vote with Padre because he demonstrated that he knew BD knew Sith Lord was the seer. If I vote with him and he trusts me then the we have a hung jury even if CW and Arkon vote either he or I as wolf.

I'm not sure revealing BD was the right course but silence definately was not so I was at a loss.
Padre

Post by Padre »

Crux wrote:
THis came subsequent to me PMing him and conspiring with him, as I was trusting he was a villager. His public declaration of such only further reassured me I was safe.

I was so taken in. You evil, evil people. :D