[Werewolf] And then there was one. Werewolf that is.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Crux

[Werewolf] And then there was one. Werewolf that is.

Post by Crux »

You've seen the rules already. No talking during 'night', and no communications when you are 'dead'. The first nine people below are in.

Warning though: This should be for active daytime posters only. I expect/want to go through a couple of day/night cycles per day!

Current Players:

ChrisGrenard
ClanWolfer
Padre
LordMortis
Sith Lord
McNutt
Bad Demographic
Arkon
Tareeq
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Crux

Post by Crux »

Are you all scared? I promise I'll be gentle.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

I can't get into IRC from work, or I'd play.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Fretmute wrote:I can't get into IRC from work, or I'd play.
Ah. That does suck. If there's enough people like that I might start a second forum edition, since it seems Padre is asleep when everyone in the game is awake and posting :P
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Same as fretmute. Cannot (safely) irc from work. Well, I mean, if I want to not get in trouble.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Crux

Post by Crux »

Bumping since we're changing from IRC to forums.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Sure, what the hey. Hay? Lay? Ken Lay?

Sure, what the ken lay.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

In?
Padre

Post by Padre »

In! If me being GMT is ok, that is.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Padre wrote:In! If me being GMT is ok, that is.
I've put you in. Just try and be active from 3-4pm until 10pmish your time if you can :D
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I can be in for a forum verstion but it seems kind of rude step on Padre's toes who had already planned 2.0. (or I might just be too sensitive)

Edit: if Padre is in then you have his seal of approval. In.
Odin

Post by Odin »

LordMortis wrote:I can be in for a forum verstion but it seems kind of rude step on Padre's toes who had already planned 2.0. (or I might just be too sensitive)
I was thinking along the same lines, but since he's signed up to play, I guess he doesn't mind.

What I don't understand is why the original game has ground to a halt. It seems like this ought to be the time of day when everybody's around.

Anyway, sign me up.

Sith
Crux

Post by Crux »

LordMortis wrote:I can be in for a forum verstion but it seems kind of rude step on Padre's toes who had already planned 2.0. (or I might just be too sensitive)
Padre signed up for this one. His toes can't be hurting too much :D Besides, I pmed him about it.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

In
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

I'd like to be in, but I'm flying to Boston and won't be back until 9pm tomorrow. If that's a problem then leave me out. 8-)
Bad Demographic

I'll play! I'll play!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

I would like to join in.
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Why not?
Incendiary Lemon

Post by Incendiary Lemon »

Spot left?
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I'll play, but on the caveat that I'm a weekday poster. Weekends and nights are bad for me, but will try to login at night if needed.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Night falls on the peaceful village of Fucktard Ridge. It is a beautiful night, except for the light fog, and the oppressive heat. The mosquitos are bad tonight also. All that aside, life goes on as usual. A lone candlelight flickers from ChrisGrenard's hut, but eventually even that goes out and a silence descends upon the village.

But all is not well. Death prowls the night as two slavering beasts lurch from hut to hut, choosing their prey. And somewhere, a villager lies in the throes of prophetic dreams, strange visions dancing in their head. Who knows what the morning may bring.

Villagers alive:
ChrisGrenard
ClanWolfer
Padre
LordMortis
Sith Lord
McNutt
Bad Demographic
Arkon
Tareeq
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

So what do we do now?
Crux

Post by Crux »

The werewolves know who they are. They should come to a consensus as to whom they wish to kill. The Seer has been alerted and tells me who they wish to know the truth about. Come the morning, someone will be dead. Then you all can start deciding who to lynch. Until then, no talking amongst yourselves (unless you are the werewolves and you're pming each other!).
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Oooh, thanks. I was unaware of the no talking rule. I assume pointless posts such as this don't really count on that though. Unless I have hidden messages in it that can only be found by reading the letters who are in prime number locations.
Crux

Post by Crux »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Oooh, thanks. I was unaware of the no talking rule. I assume pointless posts such as this don't really count on that though. Unless I have hidden messages in it that can only be found by reading the letters who are in prime number locations.
What did you say about my mother?

Seriously though, yes... these kinds of meaningless posts are ok. But while the game status is 'night' no conversing between game players. And that includes PMs!
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

I guess we know that Chris is a villager. That's typical clueless villager talk.

Or perhaps it's clever werewolf talk.
Crux

Post by Crux »

A scream echoes throughout the village. It is a bloodcurdling sound - the type of scream a man makes when he severs his own testicles in a horrible cooking accident. Or perhaps the sound made when being torn limb from limb by a pair of werewolves. Regardless everyone is too terrified to venture forth from their huts to discover which of the two it was.

//Someone is dead. As soon as the seer pms me back we'll move to daylight and let the lynching commence//
Crux

Post by Crux »

Dawn comes, and with it curiosity. The village slowly ventures forth from their huts, searching for the souce of last night's nocturnal scream. Eventually they gathered around one lone hut from which nobody had emerged.

Prodding the door open revealed a horrid display. Surrounded by the scattered pages of his treatise entitled Curved Swords ARE better for slashing, McNutt's remains lay in a splattered, bloody heap.

Tell-tale, bloody werewolf footprints led off into the night, but the trail runs cold a short distance from the hut. Frightened, the villagers gather in the village green to discuss what to do. Someone will die today. the question is who.

Rules:

Post your vote in bold. The first person to get four votes is dead. You can change your vote up until someone has four, at which point it becomes final. From now until I declare night you all can talk either here or in pms. Just no talking with Mcnutt as he is dead.

The Villagers:

ChrisGrenard
ClanWolfer
Padre
LordMortis
Sith Lord
McNutt [Dead]
Bad Demographic
Arkon
Tareeq
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Avenge me!
Bad Demographic

Bad Demographic stares at the grisly scene. "Curved swords are useless if they're not silver!". She looks at the butter knife she's clutching then at the gaping crowd. "Don't any of you get any smart ideas. I painted this silver myself, with the paint from my miniatures painting kit.".

"Poor McNutt. At least he wasn't a werewolf."

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Maybe we should stick together in groups of four. Anybody want to try it? (is it even allowed?)

Black Lives Matter
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Bad Demographic wrote:Bad Demographic stares at the grisly scene. "Curved swords are useless if they're not silver!". She looks at the butter knife she's clutching then at the gaping crowd. "Don't any of you get any smart ideas. I painted this silver myself, with the paint from my miniatures painting kit.".

"Poor McNutt. At least he wasn't a werewolf."
*Makes note to self*

Curved swords may be better for slashing, but the obviously are useless against werewolves.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Bad Demographic wrote:Maybe we should stick together in groups of four. Anybody want to try it? (is it even allowed?)
Groups of four...I wonder, is this for our protection, or would it be your cunning plan to make it easier to pick one of us off?
Crux

Post by Crux »

Bad Demographic wrote:Maybe we should stick together in groups of four. Anybody want to try it? (is it even allowed?)
You're allowed to vote to have someone lynched. And of course you can try and persuade other people to vote the same way as you.
Odin

Post by Odin »

How about one group of four and one group of two - villagers on one side, werewolves on the other?
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Sith Lord wrote:
How about one group of four and one group of two - villagers on one side, werewolves on the other?
and what about the other two remaining?

:lol:
Bad Demographic

Arkon wrote:
Groups of four...I wonder, is this for our protection, or would it be your cunning plan to make it easier to pick one of us off?
Well, I was thinking there are 8 of us left. So if there are two werewolves, then even if they're in the same group, two villagers would see them and one might make it safely to the other group. But now I think I don't trust any of you enough to do this. That's it, that's the ticket. I don't trust any of you enough to try to work as a group.

Black Lives Matter
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Bad Demographic wrote:
Arkon wrote:
Well, I was thinking there are 8 of us left. So if there are two werewolves, then even if they're in the same group, two villagers would see them and one might make it safely to the other group. But now I think I don't trust any of you enough to do this. That's it, that's the ticket. I don't trust any of you enough to try to work as a group.
Quickly going on the defensive then? Of course there have been many silent since this mornings events.

For example, where is Clanwolfer, I mean heck with a name like that... a bit curious if you ask me.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

I think Chris is playing entirely too innocent. A ruckus from his place in the nighttime woke me up; sure, I guess he 'forgot' the HOA regulations on noise at night again.

Or maybe he just had to break into his own house because he was busy out WEREWOLFING![/b]
Padre

Post by Padre »

Clanwolfer's name IS suspiscious, and here he is gunning for the clearly clueless Chris Grenard!

Clanwolfer, j'accuse!