[Werewolf] And then there was one. Werewolf that is.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

LordMortis wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:Back from lunch.

Also, has anybody heard from the seer? I would certainly like to know if there is somebody we can at least rule out.

edit: Now that I think about it, couldn't somebody impersonate the seer and try to trick certain people? Is there any way to prove that person(x) is, in fact, the seer?

In conclusion, ignore this post. :?
As far as I know, no. The closest thing to incontravertable proof they could offer is publicly proclaim that someone is a wolf and that they are the seer then disect them after the proclamation. (Assuming we know there are more than wolf) This would most certainly spell their doom that night.

Would the seer fall on the sword to kill to a werewolf or should he keep his yap shut until he knows more hoping to stay alive? I don't know. I guess we'll find out.
Well, 1 Seer = .5 Werewolf, based on how many there are. But the value of the Seer grows each day; as the village depopulates, the value of the Seer grows in clearing names (or condemning them). Right now, the Seer can only give us approx. 1/4 of a werewolf (8 people left, with 2 wolves, not counting the seer because fractions is hard). But if he keeps his mouth shut until we're down to, say, 6 people, his daily insight is worth 1/3 of a werewolf.

The break-even, I guess, would be for him to come out publicly when he has ID'd either both werewolves, or cleared enough villagers that we stand a good chance.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Bad Demographic wrote:If I were a werewolf, I'd try to stir people up against somebody I know is innocent (because presumably, the werewolves know who they both are).

On the other hand, if I were a werewolf, I might arrange with the other werewolf to accuse each other with spurious reasons, to throw the villagers off the track.

Or maybe I'd just keep my mouth shut.

Or maybe I'd come up with weird schemes.

:?

But I sure wouldn't be walking around with a silver butter knife clenched in my fist. :wink:
If I were innocent (which I am) and if speculation fell upon me for no other reason than my name, and it looked like early opinion was going against me (which it did), I'd find someone (which I have) and accuse them, baselessly or not, merely to kick up the level of speculation a notch (which I think I have), in order to give people something to fixate on other than those first few accusations of me (which I hope to do), in order to save my own ass (which I also hope to do). Until I have more solid information, I'm hoping this vote doesn't go against me, so that I can hunker down and wait for the Seer to contact me once he divines that I'm innocent, so that we can form an alliance to determine the true menace (which I'd like to).

A baseless accusation is better since I'm innocent than no accusation, since right now I can't trust anyone. In fact, I can almost rule Arkon out based on the fact that he's talking so much; the real werewolf would have taken the accusation in stride and quietly worked behind the scenes to bring me down, not drawn so much attention to himself. If I can withdraw my vote from him, I will consider it. But that Padre fellow, whom I implicated earlier, has been doing the smart werewolfy thing.

I say either Arkon is a dumb werewolf, or Padre is a smart one. But Arkon doesn't seem to be dumb, but maybe he knows I would lay off if he argued more. I haven't decided yet what I believe.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Bad Demographic wrote:But I sure wouldn't be walking around with a silver butter knife clenched in my fist. :wink:
Or maybe you would as long as it is not clenched in your heart.
The break-even, I guess, would be for him to come out publicly when he has ID'd either both werewolves, or cleared enough villagers that we stand a good chance.
That's my thought as well. Though, as a seer I might privately tell people what I know. But then if I were werewolf, I might do the same... to an extent.

I haven't done enough of the game in my head yet but the seer should die before he has enough information to point out the wolves. However, I believe that should he survive into the 2nd day, which is probable that the probability is that he will have enough information to secretly help the villagers win... Unless there is a lot of trickery out there.

Oh and if were are to take non game queue as reall. Tareeq is not a seer and is either a werewolf or villager. If he told me he was the seer, I'd suspect him to be a wolf.

But that's just me.

I have no idea how to point a finger this early in the game. But suspecting that Tareeq is not the seer, he is my guess. I am deeply sorry brother if you are innocent but we can't let the seer die. :(

Edit:

Tareeq is not the Seer because he had to speak at night after the someone someone died but before well before the seer had his vison. I hate cheating but I also don't know how to not use information at my disposal.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

LordMortis wrote:
McNutt wrote:Image
:(
Maudlin and cliche. You're being watched.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Clanwolfer wrote:
Bad Demographic wrote:If I were a werewolf, I'd try to stir people up against somebody I know is innocent (because presumably, the werewolves know who they both are).

On the other hand, if I were a werewolf, I might arrange with the other werewolf to accuse each other with spurious reasons, to throw the villagers off the track.

But I sure wouldn't be walking around with a silver butter knife clenched in my fist. :wink:
If I were innocent (which I am) and if speculation fell upon me for no other reason than my name, and it looked like early opinion was going against me (which it did), I'd find someone (which I have) and accuse them, baselessly or not, merely to kick up the level of speculation a notch (which I think I have), in order to give people something to fixate on other than those first few accusations of me (which I hope to do), in order to save my own ass (which I also hope to do). Until I have more solid information, I'm hoping this vote doesn't go against me, so that I can hunker down and wait for the Seer to contact me once he divines that I'm innocent, so that we can form an alliance to determine the true menace (which I'd like to).

A baseless accusation is better since I'm innocent than no accusation, since right now I can't trust anyone. In fact, I can almost rule Arkon out based on the fact that he's talking so much; the real werewolf would have taken the accusation in stride and quietly worked behind the scenes to bring me down, not drawn so much attention to himself. If I can withdraw my vote from him, I will consider it. But that Padre fellow, whom I implicated earlier, has been doing the smart werewolfy thing.

I say either Arkon is a dumb werewolf, or Padre is a smart one. But Arkon doesn't seem to be dumb, but maybe he knows I would lay off if he argued more. I haven't decided yet what I believe.
Similar to how Tareeq has popped in, made an accusation and then fled. Perhaps my kneejerk accusation of Clanwolfer has been misplaced. I also think you forgot one option...that is that I am neither a smart werewolf or a dumb werewolf but rather the village idiot.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Arkon wrote:
Clanwolfer wrote:

Similar to how Tareeq has popped in, made an accusation and then fled. Perhaps my kneejerk accusation of Clanwolfer has been misplaced. I also think you forgot one option...that is that I am neither a smart werewolf or a dumb werewolf but rather the village idiot.
Okay, I forgive you, Arkon. For now, of course.

Now, which are we more curious about, Tareeq or Padre? Padre set off my suspicions early, but now that you mention it, Tareeq did the sneaky thing too... and he's smart enough to try and wait it out as we try and lynch each other.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Tareeq, I didn't mean to imply anything earlier. Here's simply what I meant:

Let's say that person "S" is the seer. Person "W" is the werewolf. So, day 1, person S informs innocent person "I" that they are innocent.

Meanwhile, werewolf man "W" sends out pm's to 2 or 3 other innocent people claiming he is the seer (since he does know who is innocent and guilty) and tells them they are innocent. Since each of them individually wants to protect this "seers" identity, they refuse to give the name of the seer, but defend this person anyway.

See, this is where my head begins to hurt. It seems to me that the only way we could tell for sure that a person is a seer is if they publicly announce that they are the seer, announce the names of 2 or 3 innocents, then get killed by the werewolves the next night.

So, is there any other way we can figure this whole thing out? See, if we figure out who the true seer is, and others have received pm's from a second party, we can deduce the second party is a werewolf and that would be optimal.

edit: Misspelled werewolf as "wearwolf"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Clanwolfer wrote:You're being watched.
Thank you.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

LordMortis wrote:
Clanwolfer wrote:You're being watched.
Thank you.

Not like that. Besides, with the town cut off during all the ruckus, Cheet-Os and hand lotion are being rationed strictly for the duration.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Bad Demographic wrote:Procedural question for you, Crux - when we lynch somebody, are you going to tell us if he/she was innocent ro not?
Yes. You will find out the truth.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

We need a betting pool. I have ChrisGrenard and Tareeq as the wolves and BadDemo as the Seer.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

It's getting confusing reading between the two threads. :D
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Ok, so at this point are we supposed to vote who to lynch? (I assume, like the other thread, we do the bold thing)

However, at this time, I don't know who to vote for. That said, here are my *opinions*

Having met Bad_Demo in real life, I have trouble imagining her as the wolf. This is nothing but a gut feeling, of course.

Tareeq would be much more vicious as a wolf, I'd think.

Clanwolfer would be too damn ironic as a wolf, so I'm thinking he's human. I can't imagine Crux would have made him a wolf with his name like it is.

Crux, did you intentionally select who is who, or was it a random thing? Or, are we not allowed to know this?
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Ok, so at this point are we supposed to vote who to lynch? (I assume, like the other thread, we do the bold thing)

However, at this time, I don't know who to vote for. That said, here are my *opinions*

Having met Bad_Demo in real life, I have trouble imagining her as the wolf. This is nothing but a gut feeling, of course.

ClanWolfer would be too damn ironic as a wolf, so I'm thinking he's human. I can't imagine Crux would have made him a wolf with his name like it is.

Crux, did you intentionally select who is who, or was it a random thing? Or, are we not allowed to know this?
Capitalize the middle of my name again and I might start getting a "gut feeling" that you need to be dealt with... :twisted:
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Clanwolfer wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:Ok, so at this point are we supposed to vote who to lynch? (I assume, like the other thread, we do the bold thing)

Clanwolfer would be too damn ironic as a wolf, so I'm thinking he's human. I can't imagine Crux would have made him a wolf with his name like it is.

Capitalize the middle of my name again and I might start getting a "gut feeling" that you need to be dealt with... :twisted:
Sorry, I'll edit that out. I was typing based on memory. But I'm kinda curious why you'd be so pissed at me when I was trying to point out that you are not likely to be the wolf. Look, if I were Crux, I sure as hell wouldn't have had you be the wolf, and that's all I'm trying to say.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

ChrisGrenard wrote:
Clanwolfer wrote:

Sorry, I'll edit that out. I was typing based on memory. But I'm kinda curious why you'd be so pissed at me when I was trying to point out that you are not likely to be the wolf. Look, if I were Crux, I sure as hell wouldn't have had you be the wolf, and that's all I'm trying to say.
That was playful evil smiley, not angry evil smiley.

Edit: Oh, and now that I've forgiven Arkon, I accuse Tareeq!
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Sorry, I'll edit that out. I was typing based on memory. But I'm kinda curious why you'd be so pissed at me when I was trying to point out that you are not likely to be the wolf. Look, if I were Crux, I sure as hell wouldn't have had you be the wolf, and that's all I'm trying to say.
Every time you open your mouth, the noose around your neck tightens Chris. The reason you're providing so much speculation about the wolves' identity is that you already know it.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

I am pulling my vote at this point from Clanwolfer, and instead voting for Tareeq
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

And yet you're wrong.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Current Voting Tally

ChrisGrenard (Tareeq)
ClanWolfer (Tareeq)
Padre
LordMortis (Tareeq)
Sith Lord
McNutt [Dead]
Bad Demographic
Arkon (Tareeq)
Tareeq (ChrisGrenard)
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Tareeq wrote:And yet you're wrong.
That's exactly what a werewolf would say.

I find the only safe action at this point to be "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out," except instead of killing 'em all we'll just kill Tareeq, and instead of letting God sort 'em out, we'll discuss among ourselves.
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Six of you are going to rue your mistake!
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Tareeq wrote:Six of you are going to rue your mistake!
A seething cauldron of rage rues nothing.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Jesus Tareeq. I've tried defending you about three times so far, and each time you immediately seem to want me dead.

Okay... I'm gonna go with the majority thus far. Tareeq
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

One more vote and Tareeq is lynched.
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Jesus Tareeq. I've tried defending you about three times so far.
That's because you're crafty, like a wolf.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Tareeq wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:Jesus Tareeq. I've tried defending you about three times so far.
That's because you're crafty, like a wolf.
It's hungry like the wolf. An outsider such as yourself wouldn't know that though, occupied as you spent Duran Duran's glory years with EATING PEOPLE!

Edited for grammatical snark.
Odin

Post by Odin »

I've been tied up in meetings and not following this too closely, but since Tareeq's a lawyer, obviously lynching him is a good idea regadless of his nocturnal adventures. :mrgreen:

Sith
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

STOP THE MADNESS!
Crux

Post by Crux »

The rope drew tight about his neck, drawing a strangled grasp. Kicking and gurgling he was hoisted up, his legs flailing in the evening breeze like Chris Grenard dancing to 80's tunes. Except there was no music, just the cacophony of voices calling for his death.

They tried searching his cabin first. It revealed little but a dog-eared copy of Speller's Weekly Magazine and a fake drivers licence with the name "Mr. Fed" on it.

The autopsy was more revealing. Tareeq may not have been all man, but he was all human. A mistake had been made and night was approaching. Fear in their eyes the villagers retired silently to their homes to await the long night to come.

Night has fallen. Cease all discussion now please.
Crux

Post by Crux »

ChrisGrenard
ClanWolfer
Padre
LordMortis
Sith Lord
McNutt [Dead]
Bad Demographic
Arkon
Tareeq [Dead]

Werewolves, pm me your victim for the night. Seer, tell me whom you want to dream about.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Oops.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Sith Lord wrote:Oops.
Heh
Rip

Post by Rip »

Poor, poor Tareeq. He wasn't all that bad. I'm kind of going to miss him. Seems the werewolves have a leg up.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Rip wrote:Poor, poor Tareeq. He wasn't all that bad. I'm kind of going to miss him. Seems the werewolves have a leg up.
Leg up...? Is that supposed to be some sort of werewolf urinating humor?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I know who be the nasty beasts. They played the villagers as fools! FOOLS, I say!
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Crux

Post by Crux »

If you want to put in predictions now before dawn as to who the Werewolves are, and the Seer, then pm them to me. I'll post the results when all the shenanigans are done so everyone can see how clever you are!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I have discovered who the werewolf is, and I must tell everybody before he silences me.

Behold, gentlemen, a picture taken at dusk!

Crux, question: *Edit* Nevermind question that was here. I read above and figured it out.
Crux

Post by Crux »

You can safely ignore this thread til tomorrow I suppose. Just vote in the morning when you wake up - hopefully we'll be ready for another lynching by then.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Crux wrote:You can safely ignore this thread til tomorrow I suppose. Just vote in the morning when you wake up - hopefully we'll be ready for another lynching by then.
Oh thanks. I figured that out by reading the last results. But thank you anyway!