[Werewolf] And then there was one. Werewolf that is.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Rip

Post by Rip »

Crux wrote:You can safely ignore this thread til tomorrow I suppose. Just vote in the morning when you wake up - hopefully we'll be ready for another lynching by then.
IF you wake up.

Crux

Post by Crux »

Yet another shriek of terror split the night. This one was decidedly womanly. It was a surprise to the villagers when they looked out on daylight's arrival and found Sith Lord dead in his cabin! His body was a bloody mess, his left hand outstretched towards a ColecoVision console that was hooked up to his black and white television.

Shaken (but not stirred) the villagers gathered in the town square, determined to find someone to blame for this unsightly death!

The village:

ChrisGrenard
ClanWolfer
Padre
LordMortis
Sith Lord [Dead]
McNutt [Dead]
Bad Demographic
Arkon
Tareeq [Dead]

The daily lynching is open for discussion!
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

There you go, now you have 4 villagers and 2 werewolves!

Oh wait, you guys still don't know which 4 need to stick together.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Welp, I rue nothing.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Clanwolfer wrote:Welp, I rue nothing.
What a night...poor Sith, I hardly knew ye...
Crux

Post by Crux »

Just to point out the obvious and build some suspense...

there is now Four villagers and two werewolves remaining. If the villagers decide to lynch an innocent man today, the werewolves will surely kill another this night. Then there will remain two villagers, and two werewolves, which means the remaining villagers are dead.

So choose wisely. :shock:
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Odin

Post by Odin »

Crux wrote: Sith Lord dead in his cabin! His body was a bloody mess, his left hand outstretched towards a ColecoVision console that was hooked up to his black and white television.
Hey - it was small, but it was color. I've never owned a B&W TV.
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

You couldn't handle the truth.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Well, now would be that break-even point for the Seer to reveal himself.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Oh beautiful, for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I am so sorry Tareeq. You were the one I knew most about and were my best reluctant guess. Which was obviously wrong. You will be missed.

Now I have nothing.
Clanwolfer wrote:Well, now would be that break-even point for the Seer to reveal himself.
That depends. How many of his/her knowns are dead? If s/he knows two living souls then, yes. Now would be the time to contact them quietly and prove a point. Good luck seer. I hope to hear from you soon.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

McNutt wrote:Image
For whatever reason (maybe the late hour) the second time I saw this picture posted I could not breathe I was laughing so hard. I think it was that much more hilarious because the subtitle isn't used the second time.

You earn +1 from me McNutt, even if you are mixed up in someones intestines right now.
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Well, it is morning, and my head is spinning. I am saddened by all of our losses, we need to find these werewolves and find them fast.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Harkonis wrote:
McNutt wrote:Image
For whatever reason (maybe the late hour) the second time I saw this picture posted I could not breathe I was laughing so hard. I think it was that much more hilarious because the subtitle isn't used the second time.

You earn +1 from me McNutt, even if you are mixed up in someones intestines right now.
what this guy said.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Take your time with today's decision people. I won't be able to respond until lunchtime at the absolute earliest, and most likely not until 4:30pmish EST. Stupid work.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I've reread the posts and I think Tareeq (may he rest in peace) was right. Most of what ChrisGrenard had to say sowed distrust among us. And I think a lot of his ramblings were nervous energy - nervous energy Chris would have had if he were the werewolf.

You were right, Tareeq. You weren't the werewolf and ChrisGrenard is. I'm sorry we lynched you. :cry:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Bad Demographic wrote:I'm sorry we lynched you. :cry:
That is about enough to make me concur. Tareeq's judement obviously wasn't pro werewolf judgement I'm trying to make sense of why he'd call out CG, I'm not seeing it, but I also missed a lot Tareeq's allussions and the way he understood situations.
setaside

Post by setaside »

LordMortis wrote:I'm trying to make sense of why he'd call out CG
It sure would suck if Tareeq was the seer.
Bad Demographic

I've been looking for clues in our posts (the players) and in Crux's. I keep thinking that McNutt's "avenge me" picture is a clue, but that probably wouldn't be fair of him, so maybe it's not. Besides, I'm going nowhere trying to figure out what it could be a clue to.

- The first night, the light was on at ChrisGrenard's after everybody else had gone to bed.
- After the opening scene, ChrisGrenard asked for instructions. I think only the werewolves and the seer would have done that. Shortly after that, Crux said something about waiting for the seer to ask about another player.
- For the two werewolf kills so far, the screams have been high-pitched. Those words weren't used for the first night, but think about how the screams should have sounded, given Crux's description. Who among the players would OO lore attribute a high scream to? (my answer - Chris)
- The book at McNutt's that was torn up was titled "Curved swords ARE better for slashing". I think that's a clue to the other werewolf.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

So who here thinks they AREN'T better for slashing? I know I do.
Bad Demographic

Clanwolfer wrote:So who here thinks they AREN'T better for slashing? I know I do.
True. So true. But I'm looking really hard for clues.

Black Lives Matter
Grievous Angel

Post by Grievous Angel »

Bad Demographic wrote: I'm sorry we lynched you. :cry:
I think Hallmark should put that on a greeting card. It's very touching.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

After reviewing the past few nights events I am not so certainly casting my vote for I thought I knew but now I don't....
Padre

Post by Padre »

I still think Clanwolfer talks too much. He has something to hide. String him up! Kill Clanwolfer!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Wait, what?

I'd like to point out a few things, if you will allow.

1) Last night, as stated, I was nowhere near a computer until about 9pm mountain. During this time, I was actually with my dad, and we were in Pueblo, Colorado. If Crux's post times are the time that Sith was killed, then that was about the time I was acquiring a pens, notebooks and other school supplies from Office Max. I have a receipt I can take a picture of to prove it.

2) BD, I notice you basically believe that Crux has been dropping hints the whole time. It seems to me that it is a bit more likely that he is taking what he knows about each of us and simply poking fun. And I happen to be one of the larger targets on the board for that.

Now, as you noticed of course, he certainly drops my name a few times, but I can assure you (not that this is provable) that I am not a werewolf. I, as stated, am also not the seer, and this makes me near worthless except as backing up somebody else in a mob rule situation.

Now, here's what concerns me. Each person in this game is the only person (outside the seer) who knows exactly what they are. Now, I am certainly not the most useful person to survive as a villager. Optimally, we'd have been better off if Tareeq would have survived instead of me, as his investigation skills are undoubtedly much better. However, at this point, we simply cannot afford to lose any more humans, or the werewolves will win.

And I can promise you, BD, I am not the werewolf.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I don't think it's anyone but a birdy told me it's ChrisGrenard. Heaven help me if I am trusting the wrong person.
Bad Demographic

Well, even if you were not near a computer yesterday at the appointed time, there are two werewolves, and you could have agreed to your next victim earlier.
I will trust to Tareeq's investigative powers. I still suspect you, ChrisGrenard.

Black Lives Matter
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Offering a timestamped receipt as an alibi? That's exactly what a guilty person would do. ChrisGrenard must be stopped!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

:(

I had forgotten about the two werewolf thing too.

Oh well.

In any case, I regret that I have but one life to give to my (rather bloodthirsty) villagers.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Padre is way too quiet except for loud accusations of the clearly innocent (me). He must be watched as well.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Let me emphasize: nothing I have posted is intended to be a secret clue. Nothing. It is all just flavor - Tareeq's spelling bee reference, the old console for LM. The high pitched scream was for the vicitm not the killer. I'm not sneaking in clues!
Bad Demographic

ChrisGrenard wrote:Each person in this game is the only person (outside the seer) who knows exactly what they are.
Unless I'm mistaken, the two werewolves know who they are, therefore they know the others are all villagers, although they wouldn't know who is the seer.

Thanks for the clarification about "clues", Crux. I'm making some guesses here. Nice atmospheric fill-in.

Black Lives Matter
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

LordMortis wrote:I don't think it's anyone but a birdy told me it's ChrisGrenard. Heaven help me if I am trusting the wrong person.
I am seriously questioning if ChrisGrenard has the ability to kill, or if he has been caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was ready to string him up but I am not so sure.

Padre has been very quiet except for when it is time to accuse.

Clanwolfer has been very vocal, towards me but when he was not getting support from anyone else he quickly changed his vote to Tareeq. Perhaps Clanwolfer truly is a werewolf and was playing in to the situation to gurantee an innocent villager died at the hands of our lynchmob.

Bad demographic has been very tough to read, questioning our laws and trying to divide us in to groups.

Lord Mortis has remained fairly quiet, but now seems to indicate either a voice from the grave or that of a faint dream.

All in all it leads to great confusion, however we must sort it out before it is too late.

My hand is wavering, I just can not decide how to cast my vote yet.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

So... ah... I'm confused as to if I am alive or dead at this point.

Maybe I'm in jail currently... yeah...

Ok, jail voice:

"Let me out of here, I'm innocent I tells ya! You can't leave me in here, I'm helpless! Somebody at least give me a silver spoon for gods sake, have you no mercy!"

(how's that?)
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

ChrisGrenard wrote:So... ah... I'm confused as to if I am alive or dead at this point.

Maybe I'm in jail currently... yeah...

Ok, jail voice:

"Let me out of here, I'm innocent I tells ya! You can't leave me in here, I'm helpless! Somebody at least give me a silver spoon for gods sake, have you no mercy!"

(how's that?)
No one has been lynched yet this day. We will be told when day changes to night and the lynching occurs.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

That said, you've received enough votes to be lynched, by my count, so you'll likely be dead as soon as the guy running the game has time to string you up.

Unless you can convince people to change their votes between now and then, of course. ;)

- Ash
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Yeah. I'm confused as well. I was under the impression that a moment a majority was reached that we were to be silenced. I will proceed from that stance until Crux tells me otherwise.

[waves hand]I did not make this post[/waves hand]
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Like I said, I was very vocal, but only when my gut said that I was in danger of being the first one accused and lynched. Better some innocent villager who's not me than some innocent villager who is me.

Heartless I may be, and a seething cauldron of rage, but a werewolf I am not!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Ok, here's my tally

ChrisGrenard - No vote
ClanWolfer - Chris
Padre - Clanwolfer
LordMortis - Chris
Bad Demographic - Chris
Arkon - No vote

That puts me at exactly 50%. Isn't it a majority vote to lynch?
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Clanwolfer wrote:Like I said, I was very vocal, but only when my gut said that I was in danger of being the first one accused and lynched. Better some innocent villager who's not me than some innocent villager who is me.

Heartless I may be, and a seething cauldron of rage, but a werewolf I am not!
Or perhaps you were lashing out like a cornered dog, like a werewolf would.

I am returning to my original stance....Clanwolfer You are cursed with Lycanthropy.