Grundbegriff's Gallows: Bad Moon Rising

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Al

D'oh!

Post by Al »

Damn. You know, one of these days he will have to be the werewolf.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:...except that Grundbegriff didn't see it.
My tally, above, suggests otherwise. Or did you change twice? If I missed one, I apologize.

Please, everyone put your votes in boldface. And please, if you decide to withdraw a vote, do it in a new message. Don't go back and alter the message where the accusation took place (which makes it harder to follow the flow).
setaside

Post by setaside »

I didn't do it!!!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

setaside wrote:I didn't do it!!!
A likely story!

By the way, your dry cleaning's done.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

As bright morning arrives in Meretrix Meadows, the villagers turn up in the town square to take stock of the horror that has befallen their humble community. Will today bring respite? Will terror recede inexplicably, even as it came, leaving bitter wounds to body and soul but allowing the town to live?

The villagers count their number and their spirits fall, for one is missing. Their dreams of hope dashed, the people form a grim processional toward the home of setaside. What was once its door now lies in fragments on the stoop. Within, frayed upholstery and tattered drapery testify to the mayhem that overcame the one who fell. But where is his body?

The grieving villagers spend the morning searching in and around the dwelling. All they ever find are some bones and occasional pieces of skin.

Good ol' setaside had always been the life of the party. The villagers determine that they will not rest until they achieve dark vengeance in his name.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Al
Arnir
docD
Gryndyl
Lars
Ralph-Wiggum
setaside
st_dysan
Suitably Ironic Moniker
tgb
Yankeeman84
Zaxxon
Al

Well, I guess this clears setaside. My guesses suck.

Post by Al »

Well, what did we miss? Gryndyl and Lars have been very quiet with hardly any talk between the two of them. They also steered well clear of the voting, a smart move if you're a wolf this early on. Of course, if you think about it the same could be said for Ralph. Sure he's been speaking but not really saying much.
Gryndyl

Re: Well, I guess this clears setaside. My guesses suck.

Post by Gryndyl »

Al wrote:Well, what did we miss? Gryndyl and Lars have been very quiet with hardly any talk between the two of them. They also steered well clear of the voting, a smart move if you're a wolf this early on. Of course, if you think about it the same could be said for Ralph. Sure he's been speaking but not really saying much.
Part of the catch with my being in South Korea. All of the voting happened while I was asleep, leaving me with my hands clean.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Al wrote:Well, what did we miss? Gryndyl and Lars have been very quiet with hardly any talk between the two of them. They also steered well clear of the voting, a smart move if you're a wolf this early on. Of course, if you think about it the same could be said for Ralph. Sure he's been speaking but not really saying much.
Sorry, but I was at work. I'm always upset to miss a good lynching! Of course, my new massage business has been keeping me pretty damn busy.

The last thing I want to do is be accused of hiding from votes, so...... I've analyzed everything that's been said so far. If I had to make an accusation right now, I'd have to say that Suitably Ironic Moniker is one of the accursed beasts of the night. He has been waffling on his votes, and seems to me to be trying too hard to look innocent. That's raising a red flag with me. So, my vote is Suitably Ironic Moniker for the gallows!
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Been doing some research on Gryndyl....Seems he is in fact in the distant village of Korea...looked at many of his pics from his Blog...lots of military, arrows, rockets, guns and tank pic..hhhmmm lots of death in thse pics. Also lots of day and night pics but curiously....NOT ONE PIC OF HIMSELF!....Interesting. Unless u look at the VERY hairy pic he uses in his posts 8-)
The Saint
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Lars wrote:The last thing I want to do is be accused of hiding from votes, so...... I've analyzed everything that's been said so far. If I had to make an accusation right now, I'd have to say that Suitably Ironic Moniker is one of the accursed beasts of the night. He has been waffling on his votes, and seems to me to be trying too hard to look innocent. That's raising a red flag with me. So, my vote is Suitably Ironic Moniker for the gallows!
This is all true. The first three intrigue me by their relative silence. SIM's change of heart right at the end when things were nearly decided is also a red flag. Given the lack of info supporting our votes yesterday, I think I can understand how it would happen, however.

Between Gryndyl and Lars, I'm once again going to have to use the massage parlor as a free pass, and vote for Gryndyl. South Korea sounds intriguingly like 'excuse for sleeping during the day and mauling by night'.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

st_dysan wrote:Been doing some research on Gryndyl....Seems he is in fact in the distant village of Korea...looked at many of his pics from his Blog...lots of military, arrows, rockets, guns and tank pic..hhhmmm lots of death in thse pics. Also lots of day and night pics but curiously....NOT ONE PIC OF HIMSELF!....Interesting. Unless u look at the VERY hairy pic he uses in his posts 8-)
There are pics of me on there, you just have to go further back :D And as tempting as it is to counter-propose Zaxxon as some sort of revenge for his misguided notions I'm going to have to go with Suitably Ironic Moniker also. The vote switch is a big red flag for me.
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Well fellow villagers..I'm off on about an 8 hours journey to the next village to pick up some supplies for my new church, we have an awful lot of sinners. Anyway I won't be available until later this afternoon CST...ya'll hunt some werewolves in my absence.
The Saint
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

st_dysan wrote:Well fellow villagers..I'm off on about an 8 hours journey to the next village to pick up some supplies for my new church, we have an awful lot of sinners. Anyway I won't be available until later this afternoon CST...ya'll hunt some werewolves in my absence.
And no vote before you leave? What are you, holier than us? :)
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Just my opinion, of course, but I don't know if we should necessarily implicate Gryndyl based on his quiteness - he does have a pretty good excuse, after all. :wink:

I still have no idea who might be a werewolf. It's all sort of a guess, but like a couple of others, I'm not sure about Suitably Ironic Moniker's flip-flop (he pulled a Kerry!). Some others have been sort of quiet - YM and docD in particular (YM more than docD, though).

But Suitably Ironic Moniker is the only person (wolf???) that I suspsect based on his own posts. For that reason, I'm voting for him.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

docD

Post by docD »

Sorry about being so quiet, I planned to post a bit after I got home last night but I had to go rescue my wife. She managed to flatten two of her tires on the way home last night.

Right now I'm unsure who the wolves are. I kind of doubt it's SIM though. His waffling seems a little too transperent to me if he was the wolf. I'm going to go with Lars . He's been very quiet and then when SIM is close to being hung piles on.

And I still have my eye on you Ralph.

docD
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Zax & RW
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Al

Plus his cat's breath smells like cat food.

Post by Al »

I don't think it's Suitably Ironic Moniker. Yes, he changed his vote but the filp-flop looked more like bandwagoning than wolfish machination. Ralph, on the other hand, doesn't have the excuse of being on the other side of the international date line. He had 6 posts yesterday, yet he still managed to hang back and not vote or even so much as try and speculate about anyone. A smart tactic for a wolf.
Lars

Post by Lars »

docD wrote:Sorry about being so quiet, I planned to post a bit after I got home last night but I had to go rescue my wife. She managed to flatten two of her tires on the way home last night.

Right now I'm unsure who the wolves are. I kind of doubt it's SIM though. His waffling seems a little too transperent to me if he was the wolf. I'm going to go with Lars . He's been very quiet and then when SIM is close to being hung piles on.

docD
If you're going to try to lynch me, make sure it's at least for the right reasons. If you reread the sequence of events, I did not pile on to SIM, I made the initial accusation. Trying to muddle the facts, DocD? That sounds very, oh, I don't know, WOLFLIKE!!!?!?!!?!?! :)

Unfortuntely, I also now must travel out of town for about the next 11 hours, so please try not to kill anyone until I get back. Thanks!
docD

Post by docD »

Lars wrote:
docD wrote:Sorry about being so quiet, I planned to post a bit after I got home last night but I had to go rescue my wife. She managed to flatten two of her tires on the way home last night.

docD
If you're going to try to lynch me, make sure it's at least for the right reasons. If you reread the sequence of events, I did not pile on to SIM, I made the initial accusation. Trying to muddle the facts, DocD? That sounds very, oh, I don't know, WOLFLIKE!!!?!?!!?!?! :)

Unfortuntely, I also now must travel out of town for about the next 11 hours, so please try not to kill anyone until I get back. Thanks!
I owe you an appology Lars, you were the first one to accuse SIM therefore, I withdraw my vote against you. To keep from making another mistake and sending a (possibly) innocent person to the hangmans noose I'm going to do some more research before casting my vote.

docD
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Plus his cat's breath smells like cat food.

Post by Zaxxon »

Al wrote:I don't think it's Suitably Ironic Moniker. Yes, he changed his vote but the filp-flop looked more like bandwagoning than wolfish machination. Ralph, on the other hand, doesn't have the excuse of being on the other side of the international date line. He had 6 posts yesterday, yet he still managed to hang back and not vote or even so much as try and speculate about anyone. A smart tactic for a wolf.
I'm going to risk some bandwagoning of my own, and switch my vote from Gryndyl to Ralph-Wiggum. The more I think about it, RW just feels suspicious.

If nothing else, this could stir up an OONFL rivalry, which can't be half bad.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Intriguing. Ralph-Wiggum just PMed me, claiming to be the Seer and claiming to have Seen that SIM is a werewolf. He also included some thinly-veiled accusations and threats, explaining that he was telling everyone what he'd seen, and that he told me what he'd seen, and that if I didn't change my vote from RW to SIM, it'd somehow prove that I'm a werewolf.

I find this PM quite suspicious, especially given the timing just after I cast my vote to hang the sender. So since I don't necessarily believe that RW is going to follow through on PMing everyone similarly, and believe instead that he may be using this as a test to see how I react, I'm publicizing it. If SIM goes down and isn't a wolf, then we can be fairly certain that RW is a wolf.

For now I'm sitting tight on my Ralph-Wiggum vote, as this points a rather long and bony--but straight-as-an-arrow--finger back at RW, in my opinion.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

:D

Let me ask you this - if you weren't a werewolf why would you post openly that I'm the seer? That is just not smart.

Trust me or distrust me - but don't tell the werewolves who the seer is.

P.S. Now that it's out in the open, I ask the true villagers to kill SIM. He is a werewolf. If he's lynched and he's not a werewolf, I'll allow myself to be lynched next with no protestations. Of course, since I'm not lying, the werewolves will surely eat me tonight no matter who is lynched.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Let me ask you this - if you weren't a werewolf why would you post openly that I'm the seer? That is just not smart.

Trust me or distrust me - but don't tell the werewolves who the seer is.
I don't think I told the wolves who the Seer is--I think I told the villagers where a wolf is. ;) Something about your PM strikes me as vile machinations in play, not the words of a trueborn Seer.

In any event, you're right--me posting that does bring a rather large risk of getting my neck in the noose. Hopefully my gut is right about your PM, and the other villagers see it, too.
Al

With a wary eye on Zaxxon...

Post by Al »

Well, this is a interesting. If Ralph is right and SIM and Zax are both werewolves then why would Zaxxon be the first person to cast a vote for SIM today? All that does is give the seer the cover he needs to jump on the bandwagon. An attempt to smoke out the seer, maybe? I doubt that since the wolves wouldn't necessarily know that their cover was blown.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

But you're screwed either way. SIM is a werewolf and I am a villager.

If they lynch me tonight they'll see that I'm a villager and know that I'm telling the truth.

If they lynch SIM tonight and see that he's a werewolf, they'll know that I'm telling the truth.

Whatever they choose, you lose. Because the truth will come out. I'm playing for the villagers to win, not me individually.
Ralph-Wiggum

Re: With a wary eye on Zaxxon...

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Al wrote:Well, this is a interesting. If Ralph is right and SIM and Zax are both werewolves then why would Zaxxon be the first person to cast a vote for SIM today?
I don't see any post where Zaxxon voted for SIM.

edit: He voted for Gyndyl and then when I voted for SIM he voted for me.
Al

Let me check my notes...

Post by Al »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Al wrote:Well, this is a interesting. If Ralph is right and SIM and Zax are both werewolves then why would Zaxxon be the first person to cast a vote for SIM today?
I don't see any post where Zaxxon voted for SIM.

edit: He voted for Gyndyl and then when I voted for SIM he voted for me.
You're right. My bad. Shoot.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

That being said, I'm not saying we should vote for Zaxxon. I assume he's a werewolf by his posts, but I only have true confirmation that SIM is a werewolf. If we all vote for him, you'll soon find out if I'm telling the truth or not.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:But you're screwed either way.

If they lynch me tonight they'll see that I'm a villager and know that I'm telling the truth.
If they lynch you tonight and it turns out you're not a wolf, I'd be surprised. But even if you aren't, it's not definitive that you were the seer. You could be trying to push votes toward someone you think is a wolf, regardless of whether you're the Seer or not. That would be unfortunate (because a fellow villager would be dead), but not surprising given such a risky bet that you took by PMing me.
If they lynch SIM tonight and see that he's a werewolf, they'll know that I'm telling the truth.
Or that your plan to push votes toward SIM by claiming to be the Seer was grounded in a truthful desire to help the villagers win. Regardless, it wouldn't prove that you're telling the truth.
Whatever they choose, you lose. Because the truth will come out. I'm playing for the villagers to win, not me individually.
A wondrous play on emotion that presupposes that you're telling the truth. ;)

I need to learn to play the subterfuge portion of these games better, and quit with the say-what-I-feel posting style.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I take my dramatic cues from one Mr. Samuel L. Jackson. We've got motherfucking werewolves in our motherfucking village! :wink:
Al

Finally, things get interesting.

Post by Al »

Ralph is dead pretty much either way at this point. Hang SIM and if he's a wolf then the seer's cover is blown and he's taken down. Hang SIM and he's innocent then we know that he's a wolf and he's taken down. Hang Ralph and if he's not a wolf then all we know for sure is we took down the seer or someone trusted by the seer. (I have a very hard time seeing him do this if he wasn't either the seer or in league with the seer. Or a wolf, of course.)

Unfortunately, at this point all we know for sure is that if we hang Suitably Ironic Moniker we'll know someone is a wolf.
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

For Me RW is trying a little too hard...although I'm not so sure about the PM...I think my vote is for RW..thats what I have been thinking all day and now back at the village..I'm gonna stick to my gut...if I have more innocent blood on my hands...then I'll get really drunk, pass out by the well and offer myself up to the hairy ones...
The Saint
Al

Where *is* SIM, anyway?

Post by Al »

I'm also not buying Zaxxon's "You could just be a villager pretending to be the seer because you really, really think SIM is a wolf" story. You're trying very hard to paint Ralph in a certain light here. Too hard, I think.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

(
Al -> Suitably Ironic Moniker(4)
docD ->
Gryndyl -> Suitably Ironic Moniker(2)
Lars -> Suitably Ironic Moniker(1)
Ralph-Wiggum -> Suitably Ironic Moniker(3)
st_dysan -> Ralph-Wiggum(1)
Suitably Ironic Moniker ->
Yankeeman84 ->
Zaxxon -> Ralph-Wiggum(2)
)
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Where *is* SIM, anyway?

Post by Zaxxon »

Al wrote:I'm also not buying Zaxxon's "You could just be a villager pretending to be the seer because you really, really think SIM is a wolf" story. You're trying very hard to paint Ralph in a certain light here. Too hard, I think.
It is unlikely. I just don't trust the PM--something's up.

I hope.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I hesitate to reply at all for fear that I'm seen as overzealous in my defense. So, what was this mystical dream that you had, RW? If you were the seer, I believe that you would have learned from your predecessor's mistakes and you would have tried to be more careful with whom you PM. I realize that I'm most likely toast when YM casts his vote (and I'm still leery of him). Nevertheless, I must try to deflect this misdirection play even at the risk of coming off as guilty myself. I vote for Ralph-Wiggum.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg