Grundbegriff's Gallows: Bad Moon Rising

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Al

Get the stick! Here boy! Get the stick!

Post by Al »

tgb and Ralph seem awfully sure that they aren't werewolves... Almost as if they know something. Or are trying to hide something.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Zaxxon's comments make him too obvious a suspect. Plus his jealousy is not an indication that he is accursed.

I notice we have yet to hear from Yankeeman. How deep is that well, anyway?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Get the stick! Here boy! Get the stick!

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Al wrote:tgb and Ralph seem awfully sure that they aren't werewolves... Almost as if they know something. Or are trying to hide something.
What we know is that in the last game we were both villagers and got each other lynched. :D

P.S. Read my previous post more carefully. :wink:
setaside

Post by setaside »

tgb wrote:Zaxxon's comments make him too obvious a suspect. Plus his jealousy is not an indication that he is accursed.

Yet why would he want to make himself an obvious suspect? All it could possibly result in is him being hung. It serves no purpose.
Al

This would be easier if one of them was Smoove.

Post by Al »

Which he do you mean? Zaxxon or Yankeeman?
tgb

Post by tgb »

Zaxxon is too obvious. Yankeeman's silence points to his guilt.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
docD

Post by docD »

Damn you werewolves, couldn't you wait until after I got my massage?!?!

Anyway I have to agree with RW we just have our gut to go on right now.

P.S. I'm going to be in meetings for most of the morning so this is just me checking in. I'll try and post between meetings if I can.

docD
setaside

Re: This would be easier if one of them was Smoove.

Post by setaside »

Al wrote:Which he do you mean? Zaxxon or Yankeeman?
I'm referring to Zaxxon.

However, tgb's insistence on Zaxxon's innocence as well as his quick judgement of Yankeeman raises some suspicion as well. Could tgb and Zaxxon be the werewolves that are loose in our village?
Lars

Post by Lars »

I think you are all missing the important point here. There is a void in the hot woman sensual massage market!

Yes, I know it's a dirty job, but someone has to do. And that someone is me. Please, fret not, I will have this business back up and running in no time, and the best part is, I can use my own creams, and save on overhead!

So as not to be accused of hiding, I probably won't be able to post again until sometime around midnight EST. So, let me just say this: I'm not a freaking werewolf, and now I'm living the dream. Please don't lynch me. Thank you.
Al

Who knows how to tie knots?

Post by Al »

tgb is quick to defend and quick to judge. He claims to be judging Yankeeman based on his silence yet SiM is also still silent and Lars was at the time of his posting as well. I too wonder if tgb is a werewolf in our midst.
setaside

Re: Who knows how to tie knots?

Post by setaside »

Al wrote:tgb is quick to defend and quick to judge. He claims to be judging Yankeeman based on his silence yet SiM is also still silent and Lars was at the time of his posting as well. I too wonder if tgb is a werewolf in our midst.
Absolutely, tgb has risen to the top of my suspect list.

Unfortunately, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger as I was responsible for an innocent man's death in my last village. A man who ... looked a lot like our villager named tgb.
tgb

Post by tgb »

setaside wrote: Unfortunately, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger as I was responsible for an innocent man's death in my last village. A man who ... looked a lot like our villager named tgb.
Indeed.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

tgb wrote:
setaside wrote: Unfortunately, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger as I was responsible for an innocent man's death in my last village. A man who ... looked a lot like our villager named tgb.
Indeed.
You killed tgj?! You bastard!
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

tgb wrote:Zaxxon is too obvious. Yankeeman's silence points to his guilt.
Quick to accuse, you are.

I think you are plotting with someone against me and Zaxxon. I think you, tgb, are the man-beast.

Death to TGB!!!
XBox Live Gamertag: Yankeeman84

GO HOKIES!!!

Virginia Tech Department of History
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Yankeeman84 wrote:I think you, tgb, are the man-beast.
And here I thought that's what you called yourself when making sweet lovin' to Ralphie.
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

Kelric wrote:
Yankeeman84 wrote:I think you, tgb, are the man-beast.
And here I thought that's what you called yourself when making sweet lovin' to Ralphie.
I have another name for that. 8-)

GO HOKIES!!!

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

setaside wrote:
tgb wrote:Zaxxon's comments make him too obvious a suspect. Plus his jealousy is not an indication that he is accursed.

Yet why would he want to make himself an obvious suspect? All it could possibly result in is him being hung. It serves no purpose.
Wait; lusting after hot sensous-masseuses is now an indicator of lupinity? How tame you gentlemen are!

I'm tempted to toss a vote setaside's way in like kind exchange for his accusations, but I have trouble picturing such a punk-rockin', game-review-writing nice guy as a vicious werewolf.

This is hard.
tgb

Post by tgb »

A mistake was made in the last town in which I resided, and it resulted in a very ugly death. Pray you do not make the same mistake twice.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Zaxxon wrote:I'm tempted to toss a vote setaside's way in like kind exchange for his accusations
As you'll notice, I've not yet voted for you. I'm working from pretty much nothing here so I'm grasping for whatever I can find. Suspicious was all I said.

tgb, on the other hand, is now throwing threats. That is not the behavior of an innocent man. Where were you last night, tgb?
tgb

Post by tgb »

I was asleep in my cottage. And that was not a threat. Last town I was in, immediate hanging of an innocent led directly to a horrible death. I'm just saying be careful.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

setaside wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:I'm tempted to toss a vote setaside's way in like kind exchange for his accusations
As you'll notice, I've not yet voted for you.
:) *barney music fills the room*

So, anyone need any dry cleaning?
docD

Post by docD »

This is tough, I have my eye on tgb, and Ralph-Wiggum right now.

TBG: He accused Yankeeman becuase of his silence when others have been quiet also and he's defending Zaxxon.

I know RW is probably joking about being sure TBG isn't a wolf and just playing off the last game, but what if he's not? It would certainly be an intersting strategy to play off of everyones sympathy if he was the wolf.

I'm watching both of you.

docD
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

From reading the thread, it seems that hysteria has overtaken the village already; having resided in a prior village that suffered from a lupine menace, I hesitate to vote for TGB as my instinct tells me that he may be similar to his twin brother from my town who was given an unnecessarily ugly death. R-W is someone I'll be keeping my eye on, as he seems a little more shady this time around. At the risk of ignoring the newer players as I am unsure of their tactics at this point, I must reticently accuse Yankeeman 84 at this point. He is quick to jump on a bandwagon and he still has way too much body hair, not to mention his obsession with tobacco fields, a known hangout for werewolves.

(Lest you think my late posting is suspicious, I just returned from work and my office has now blocked OO. Bastards). Unfortunately, I do not have the wisdom of the seer (as yet). In the future, I hope that we are blessed with clues to these beasts' identities.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Al

The more you tighten your grip...

Post by Al »

(Can you get to OO through this place, SIM?)
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:From reading the thread, it seems that hysteria has overtaken the village already; having resided in a prior village that suffered from a lupine menace, I hesitate to vote for TGB as my instinct tells me that he may be similar to his twin brother from my town who was given an unnecessarily ugly death. R-W is someone I'll be keeping my eye on, as he seems a little more shady this time around. At the risk of ignoring the newer players as I am unsure of their tactics at this point, I must reticently accuse Yankeeman 84 at this point. He is quick to jump on a bandwagon and he still has way too much body hair, not to mention his obsession with tobacco fields, a known hangout for werewolves.

(Lest you think my late posting is suspicious, I just returned from work and my office has now blocked OO. Bastards). Unfortunately, I do not have the wisdom of the seer (as yet). In the future, I hope that we are blessed with clues to these beasts' identities.

You have no room to talk.

GO HOKIES!!!

Suitably Ironic Moniker

Re: The more you tighten your grip...

Al wrote:(Can you get to OO through this place, SIM?)
Perhaps I'll try it, but the Air Force tends to lock down stuff like that pretty quickly. Thanks though!
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

st_dysan's talk of wearing drag and visiting Lars at the local liquor store raises suspicion--that sounds incredibly villainous to me. However I'm not convinced that he's hairy just yet.

Ralphie is hedging until he sees others' votes. That tells me he's either very fearful (villager) or something's up and his werewolfian self is scoping out the battleground. Again, I'm not convinced.

tgb's smugness makes me suspect him. However he hasn't turned his eyes on me.

setaside's overanalysis smacks of lupine machinations, but he hasn't yet accused me and he is a friend, so he stays off my radar for now.

I agree with Al's suspicion of RW and TGB.

docD is noncommittal and isn't sure who's playing--tgb or tbg.

Lars is still lamenting the sensual massage market. That can't be all bad.

YM sees plotting by tgb.

SIM accuses YM, albeit with some trepidation.

Arnir is dead.

Gryndyl is amazingly quiet.

We have 2 votes for YM, and 2 for TGB.

Somehow I have a feeling in my gut that tgb is the one who viciously ravaged my massage-owning friend Arnir, and for that, he should hang.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Never. I was home asleep at the time, though my sleep was troubled and disturbed by cries in the night. Cries, as I now recall, that emanated from the direction of YOUR home, Zaxxon.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Okay, perhaps my sympathetic judgement of tgb was in error, so I shall change my vote accordingly. Eu acuso-o, tgb!!
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Zaxxon wrote:st_dysan's talk of wearing drag and visiting Lars at the local liquor store raises suspicion--that sounds incredibly villainous to me. However I'm not convinced that he's hairy just yet.

Zax.......amorous feelings getting stronger
The Saint
docD

Post by docD »

It is a sad state when we must hang someone to save us all. Tgb must die so the rest of us may live.

docD
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

docD wrote:It is a sad state when we must hang someone to save us all. Tgb must die so the rest of us may live.

docD
Hey..Most of us are Americans..thats our motto...

therefore...tgb must go..

rolls dice hoping for a hairy one
The Saint
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Dysan, you need to boldface your vote, or Grundy might just ignore it. :)
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

docD wrote: I know RW is probably joking about being sure TBG isn't a wolf and just playing off the last game, but what if he's not?
Nobody reads my posts carefully. :(

Well, if tgb is to die, I sure hope that he's not a werewolf. Because if he is, that probably means I'm next. Oy vay.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

(
tgb -> Yankeeman84(1)
Al -> tgb(1)
Yankeeman84 -> tgb(2)
SIM -> Yankeeman84(2)
Zaxxon -> tgb(3)
SIM -> tgb(4)
docD -> tgb(5)!
st_dysan -> tgb(6)
)

With terror in their hearts and vengeance on their minds, the frenzied Meretricious Meadowsian mosh pit engulf tgb like antibodies on staph, bear him to the hillock east of the corn fields, and string him up with his own leather belt and two well-placed iron nails.

As his heavily dangling body twitches its last, the people watch and wait for the inevitable transformation. And yet, as the setting sun shines and glints like a tardy blessing on tgb's still- and ever-furless cranium, the people realize one by one that they have made a grave mistake.

In their hysteria over the slaughter of Arnir, the people in turn have slain one of their own. As each flees to his home, nobody doubts that for such a sin, there will be hell to pay. Surely werewolves will soon be on the prowl!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I am innocent of this man's blood. May his blood be on you and your children!
Arnir
Location: Right here. No, a bit left. A bit up. Okay, close enough. Texas.

Post by Arnir »

A ghostly voice: Bravo you brain dead morons! Oooo EEEEE OOO.
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Chaosraven's D&D Party 2: Arthur Leadwyrm (now game 1) For your GPS PoI needs
"She needed a green card; I wanted a man card."
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Just woke up (S Korea hours) and it is with great sadness that I see my fellower villagers have hung an innocent :cry:

Not sure who I would have voted for though.
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Great..now I have guilt. Off to confessional, btw, our town has everything but a church. Since I am Saint Dysan I will found one...bring on your sins.....'sits patiently in confessional'
The Saint
Suitably Ironic Moniker

I would say that I wish I hadn't changed my vote, except that Grundbegriff didn't see it. It wouldn't have mattered in the end.