[Mafia!] Silky smooth, Silky dead!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Silky

Post by Silky »

Well that could have went better. Two people are still walking around with wrapped fish and horse heads. Let us learn from what ND was trying to teach us. He may have bequeathed us some valuable information.
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

You shall be avenged, ND!
Arnir
Location: Right here. No, a bit left. A bit up. Okay, close enough. Texas.

Post by Arnir »

Yeah. Oh well, I guess that will curb anyone's enthusiasm. Did he have a badge? Hot Cop Wives get a free peanut butter special.

Okay, so what did we learn from this other than ND's innocence. I don't see it incriminating or helping anyone else.
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Chaosraven's D&D Party 2: Arthur Leadwyrm (now game 1) For your GPS PoI needs
"She needed a green card; I wanted a man card."
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Bad Demographic wrote:\ lights a cig and eyes the others dubiously.
That's some righteous Noir, doll.

{edit: just home from work and a quick review of the thread reveals that noxiousdog has been quarantined to that great kennel in the sky!

This game's harsh. I speak as a first-night victim from a previous session....}

Let's see.... A busy day in Lost Heaven. McNutt was slinging doubt around like greasy homefries. His shadow fell over Silky, Jiffy, and J.D., and finally settled unshakeable on poor, innocent noxiousdog.

Either the sultry summer has made McNutt lightheaded and variable, or he's trying awfully hard not to seem decisive.

Kraegor, J.D., and McNutt were first out of the gate to accuse someone in this round, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything (other than a desire to kickstart the game). After all, noxiousdog also took early initiative and tried to nail J.D. to the wall.

Bad Demographic stuck to her accusation of J.D., but only after other accusations of J.D. were withdrawn. Could she be protecting J.D. (whom three others, including the innocent noxiousdog, had accused) because they share a secret?

Arnir and Silky also voted late for noxiousdog. Arnir persisted and Silky wavered. Is that a telling difference, or just a fluke? Maybe Arnir's guilty, Silky's innocent, and Arnir stuck to his guns to ensure that an innocent would die at the hands of the hysterical crowd. On the other hand, maybe Silky's guilty, Arnir's innocent, and Silky withdrew his/her vote only after it was a foregone conclusion that an innocent would die at the hands of the hysterical crowd.

Jiffy didn't utter a word. Is that suspicious? More likely, Jiffy, like me, has a day job. ;)

Since so much unfolded today, shouldn't each of us find a shiny new car in his garage? :D
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

This is a tough one.
The first day is always tough because we have nothing to go on and have to make a lot of wild accusations and uninformed guesses. But I don't know that we got all that much information today. Poor noxious dog.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Bad Demographic wrote:we have nothing to go on and have to make a lot of wild accusations and uninformed guesses.
Sort of like every day in the R&P forum!
Crux

Post by Crux »

The gunshots echoed in the night. Despite the noise, nobody ventured forth to see what had happened, nor to offer help. Instead they lay huddled in their homes, awaiting the break of day and the safety that would come with it.

When they found McNutt staring vacantly at the ceiling in a pool of his own blood, few were surprised. Indeed most were, if nothing else, relieved. At least they had lived through the night. Of course with daylight here they could cast aspersions at their neighbours, and perhaps find one of the killers. The only question was: who would it be?

Noxiousdog [Dead]
Silky
J.D.
Arnir
Bad Demographic
McNutt [Dead]
Chris Grenard [Dead]
Grundbegrif
Jiffy
Kraegor
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Hey, those guys stole my Nutts!
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I'm dead too.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Maybe in my third game I'll make it to the third day.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Conversations at the bottom of the Hudson River.

So... how's the fish?
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

I vote Grundbegrif.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

J.D. wrote:I vote Grundbegrif.
First, there are two f's.

Second, you're looking awfully suspicious right about now, J.D. In the previous round of voting, the antennae of three different people went off and they accused you. Later, the crowd (not including me) turned its attention to falsely accusing and executing poor noxiousdog.

The charge that snowballed against you was led by McNutt, and now he's dead.

Insidious, but also transparent. Consider yourself accused, J.D..
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

Grundbegriff makes a strong case against you J.D. I'm not willing to vote yet though, I'm interested in your response.
Silky

Post by Silky »

This is a dirty business. Frankly I do not know who to trust or side with. For no better reason than to instigate dialog I will cast a mob rule vote in someones direction.

Eeenie Meenie Minie Moe

Kraegor you are the next to go

EDIT: Vote for Kraegor removed.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Falling into the trap of the Mafia, I see. This is precisely why I picked Grund. He knew that McNutt led the charge against me and that by killing him last night it would throw suspicion on me. If I were a killer, do you really think I would be so foolish as to kill the person who accused me the very next night? No my friends, this is definitely the work of a cunning killer of Grund's capacity.

I am no killer, Grund is the killer. Of that I am now more sure than ever.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

anyone up for a game of russian roullete?

judgin by the lack of direction, i'd say we got a dead cop on our hands....

I'm votin J.D.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

J.D. wrote:This is precisely why I picked Grund. He knew that McNutt led the charge against me
Anyone who read the thread knew that.
and that by killing him last night it would throw suspicion on me. If I were a killer, do you really think I would be so foolish as to kill the person who accused me the very next night?
McNutt was a threat to you. You clearly did realize that killing him would cast suspicion on you, as your comments show. However, you obviously also calculated that you could frame a scapegoat, as your accusation of me shows.

Well, I'm not willing to be your scapegoat.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Grundbegriff wrote:
J.D. wrote:This is precisely why I picked Grund. He knew that McNutt led the charge against me
and that by killing him last night it would throw suspicion on me. If I were a killer, do you really think I would be so foolish as to kill the person who accused me the very next night?
McNutt was a threat to you. You clearly did realize that killing him would cast suspicion on you, as your comments show. However, you obviously also calculated that you could frame a scapegoat, as your accusation of me shows.

Fine then. Don't be my scapegoat.

I have pondered some more and am changing my vote to Kraegor.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Grundbegriff wrote:

Not really, 3 people accused J.D.. 2 are dead. Generally this doesnt prove guilt. But the manner in which you change votes J.D. tends to make me suspicious. You are willing to blame anyone as long as it gets the heat off of you.

/raises eyebrow

I see what ND meant tho, the silent ones help nothing. We shoulda killed them just to figure out a stance....
Silky

Post by Silky »

I believe the cop to be dead as well. Though maybe for different reasons than most. Don't read too much into J.D.'s change of vote. He did so because I asked him to. I play a dangerous game. Before the mob and mafia decended on our dear McNutt and ND I had some words with them. We all know they are innocent. I know that I am as well.

I decided to test J.D because I have no idea of where he stands. That he changed his vote my way may or may not mean anything. But I snuck into ND's house before the mob attacked. He knew what was to happen. The mob was around the corner. Before they arrived he fingered someone. He fingered you Kraegor.....

If J.D. is a killer than I have been a pawn as well. Oh well better to die trying than not at all.

In a further effort to prove my innocence. No one has voted me off the island. I speak at my own peril.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Voting Tally:

Kraegor - JD
JD - Kraegor
Silky - Kraegor
Grundbegriff - JD
Jiffy - Kraegor
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

Kraegor wrote:anyone up for a game of russian roullete?

I'm votin J.D.
The dead cop on your hands perhaps?

I believe JD of his innocence as well...for now at least. Kraegor on the other hand, not so much.

I vote for Kraegor
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Jiffy wrote:
Kraegor wrote:anyone up for a game of russian roullete?

I'm votin J.D.
The dead cop on your hands perhaps?

I believe JD of his innocence as well...for now at least. Kraegor on the other hand, not so much.

I vote for Kraegor
Lol. oh wells. look at the behavior. Who appears to be trying to find the killer. Who appears to be covering their own ass?

J.D. attacks those who attack him. I call that suspicious.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Silky wrote:I believe the cop to be dead as well. Though maybe for different reasons than most. Don't read too much into J.D.'s change of vote. He did so because I asked him to. I play a dangerous game. Before the mob and mafia decended on our dear McNutt and ND I had some words with them. We all know they are innocent. I know that I am as well.

I decided to test J.D because I have no idea of where he stands. That he changed his vote my way may or may not mean anything. But I snuck into ND's house before the mob attacked. He knew what was to happen. The mob was around the corner. Before they arrived he fingered someone. He fingered you Kraegor.....

If J.D. is a killer than I have been a pawn as well. Oh well better to die trying than not at all.

In a further effort to prove my innocence. No one has voted me off the island. I speak at my own peril.
j.d. voted my way as well. when i asked him to swirtch to ND.

so yeah perhaps that swing was my fault, tho i'll blame dead mcnutt since he started it! ;)

j.d. is doing a good job of movin things around. would suck if he's the cop but since he apparently has only accused innocents. I call him suspect.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Kraegor wrote:
Silky wrote:I believe the cop to be dead as well. Though maybe for different reasons than most. Don't read too much into J.D.'s change of vote. He did so because I asked him to. I play a dangerous game. Before the mob and mafia decended on our dear McNutt and ND I had some words with them. We all know they are innocent. I know that I am as well.

j.d. is doing a good job of movin things around. would suck if he's the cop but since he apparently has only accused innocents. I call him suspect.
I call you murderer.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

funny you say that when anyone accuses you THEY DIE!!! guess im next on the list, eh?
Bad Demographic

[out of character]Sorry not to post anything for a while. I'm trying to figure out why certain reports in a test database aren't pulling in some of the numbers.[/out of character]
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

have we entered bullet time or somethin??
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

OOC: Sorry folks, I had family visit today so I haven't been around.
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Ahh so you are a family man Arnir......
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Silky wrote:Ahh so you are a family man Arnir......

LOL. Not that kind of family. Nor the other kind.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

No! Fuck sides! What we need here is a little solidarity. Somebody's sticking a red-hot poker up our asses. I want to know whose name's on the handle. Fuck. Look, I know I'm no piece of shit, and I'm pretty sure you're OK, and I'm fucking positive you're on the level. Let's try and figure out who the bad guy is, all right?
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Kraegor wrote:No! Fuck sides! What we need here is a little solidarity. Somebody's sticking a red-hot poker up our asses. I want to know whose name's on the handle. Fuck. Look, I know I'm no piece of shit, and I'm pretty sure you're OK, and I'm fucking positive you're on the level. Let's try and figure out who the bad guy is, all right?
who are you talking to?
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

;)
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Kraegor wrote:;)
Ah, psychology.
Bad Demographic

A couple of you guys think the heat got it. Which one of them do you think was the cop?
And were any of you contacted by this cop?

Black Lives Matter
Silky

Post by Silky »

Bad Demo,

I have never been contacted by the fuzz. I have absolutely no idea who is who or what.
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Silky wrote:Bad Demo,

I have never been contacted by the fuzz. I have absolutely no idea who is who or what.
Not even yourself? :wink:

I'm not entirely sure if we have just been very unlucky or led by the nose.
Silky

Post by Silky »

This may sound silly but the way this is playing out.... I think the cop might have been ChrisGrenard......

I am editing this note to add some random thoughts. I am hoping that putting pen to paper will somehow make a light bulb go off.

Let us suppose just for the sake of argument that I am innocent.

I have accused Kraegor of which I admit I have no evidence only anothers word.

J.D. changed his vote to Kraegor as well. I believe in this round a quorum is 4 but I do not know that for a fact.

If Kraegor is indeed innocent the other mafia guys would swoop down in a second and lead the mob to his untimely death. They have not. It has stood at 3 for hours now.

This means that either Kraegor is a notorious Gambino family man... or one or both of the other voters are..... Fuzzy logic sure but I am no Grundbegriff. Can anyone read anything deeper into this....

It may unfortunately be the best information we have to go on....