[Mafia!] Silky smooth, Silky dead!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Kraegor wrote:I don't understand you people! I mean all these picky little points you keep bringing up. They don't mean nothing. You saw this kid just like I did. You're not gonna tell me you believe that phony story about losing the knife, and that business about being at the movies. Look, you know how these people lie! It's born in them! I mean what the heck? I don't have to tell you. They don't know what the truth is! And lemme tell you, they don't need any real big reason to kill someone, either! No sir!
Just had to jump in and say "Great movie!" <lurks back out>
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

Bad Demographic wrote:The lynchings had rattled Arnir and he was unraveling like an old sweater. His fervent accusation of Kraegor was contagious and I found myself giving Kraegor the eye. But what of my silent neighbors? Frightened people talk. Loud. And a lot. Jiffy had been very quiet through the past couple days. Too quiet.
"It's the quiet ones we have to watch out for." I said, flipping the remains of my cancer stick into the street. "I'll bet if we check Jiffy's place, we'll find the clues we're looking for."
Again, the quiet are the guilty eh? I don't distrust you yet, but I never like accusations thrown my way without merit.

Kraegor, I am watching you tonight.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Dawn came, and with it the realization that Silky had not opened his shop for the morning. It was a fearful group of people who poked their head into his home, only to find him lying stiff on the floor, his eyes bulging out of his head. Silky had been strangled!

Edit: Sorry. It was a long day :?
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Jiffy-Spiffy dead in Silky's shop?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Crux wrote:Dawn came, and with it the realization that Silky had not opened his shop for the morning. ... Spiffy had been strangled!
Silky or Jiffy?
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Crux wrote:Dawn came, and with it the realization that Silky had not opened his shop for the morning. ... Spiffy had been strangled!
Silky or Jiffy?
Looks like a cliffhanger. :lol:
Arnir
Location: Right here. No, a bit left. A bit up. Okay, close enough. Texas.

Post by Arnir »

Are we waiting for an autopsy?
OOC: Sorry to hear that Crux

IC: So it was Silky? Hmm.

I still vote for Kraegor
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Chaosraven's D&D Party 2: Arthur Leadwyrm (now game 1) For your GPS PoI needs
"She needed a green card; I wanted a man card."
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Alas, poor Silky. I knew him (or her), Horatio....
Bad Demographic

[ooc]I am so bad at this game.[/ooc]
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

Kraegor, we have lived long enough in fear of you. It is time for you to go.
Bad Demographic

I stared down at Silky's limp body. He was my neighbor. We had talked late into the night, trying to guess who the killers were. His guessing days were over, and ours were about over, too.
I shook another cig out of the half-crushed pack. I was nearly out of smokes and we were nearly out of time. The killers had been doing their jobs at night, coolly and efficiently, and letting us do their dirty work during the day. I knew that if we guessed wrong today we'd never have another chance to save ourselves, or the city. The cold eyed killers would be on us like wolves on sheep. Everything was on the line this time. No more room for hesitation. It was all or nothing.
I stepped up behind Jiffy and put my hand on his shoulder.
"I'm with you Jiffy, " I said. "Kraegor, you're gonna have to do some fast talking to convince me you're okay."

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

:)

Post by Grundbegriff »

Bad Demographic wrote:"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
Your sig should be the official slogan for this whole series of games!
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

lol. nice to know my analysis was accurate. if only i had been right about other things, eh
Bad Demographic

Current vote (for Kraegor) withdrawn for the time being.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Two rounds ago, Silky was gunning for Kraegor before changing the vote to J.D. Silky told me his early suspicion of Kraegor was based on intel from noxiousdog.

Last round, Silky again accused Kraegor, this time even more aggressively.

Last round, Silky also threw suspicion on Arnir with my endorsement, and on Jiffy, following Bad Demographic's lead.

This round, we find that Silky has been slain in the night.

Silky and I had discussed what Kraegor would do next. It made sense for him to bump off either Silky or me, since we were the most vocal threats against him. With that in mind, I revealed my alliance with Silky right in the thread. I wanted it to be clear to the killers that if I bit the big calzone, my thoughts and suspicions would all survive in Silky, and vice versa.

I figured I would be the one to die, but Kraegor chose Silky. I can only suppose he did this because Silky had not only accused him over and over, but had also pointed the finger at his partner.

Well, Silky isn't the only one who suspected your partner, Kraegor, and bumping Silky off for shining the light on you both doesn't stop me. Why did you think it would?

Kraegor for the gas chamber.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Crux

Post by Crux »

Noxiousdog [Dead]
Silky [Dead]
Kraegor [Dead]
J.D. [Dead]

Jiffy
Arnir
Bad Demographic
McNutt [Dead]
Chris Grenard [Dead]
Grundbegrif
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Crux

Post by Crux »

Kraegor gurgled, a thin line of drool spilling from his mouth as he breathed his last. The town had thrown him to the ground and kicked him to death. Of course, it wasn't until that night, when Grundbegriff and Arnir fell on the unsuspecting Jiffy and Bad Demographic, murdering them in their homes that the truth came out. Grund and Arnir had played the townsfolk for fools. And now they sat there, the town's wealth in their hands for their efforts. The only question was, which town would they prey upon next?

Good game everyone. And wow. You all were just dominated from start to finish, never even coming close to really voting out one of the Mafia. Well played Grund. Well played, Arnir.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Thanks a heap for running the gangland, Crux. Conspiring with Arnir was a lot of fun.

So then, who was the Cop? I suspected noxiousdog, but Silky told me that Bad Demo said that McNutt was the Cop.

For a while in the middle there, I was worried that Bad Demo might be the Cop, playing me by way of Silky.

I'm glad that wasn't the case. ;)
Crux

Post by Crux »

It was McNutt.
Padre

Post by Padre »

Well played, Mafiosos!

As the fourth game to complete, you've also levelled up the scoring - it's two all in the comptetion of Innocents/Villagers versus Wolves/Mafia (need generic terms for those groups).

Still a bunch more games to shake out of course, many of them weirdly variant.
Bad Demographic

Well played!
I have to admit, when I pm'd Grund (last round) about accusing Kraegor and he agreed but then didn't do it pretty quickly, I decided there was a good chance he was one of the killers. So I pm'd Kraegor, but he never replied. Checking my pm outbox, I see he didn't get my message. I was hoping I could get some other input. Ah well. As I said, I'm really bad at this game. But it's fun anyway.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

• Took initiative: noxiousdog, J.D., McNutt
  • Never wavered: Grundbegriff, Jiffy
  • Wavered: noxiousdog, McNutt, Kraegor, J.D., Silky, Bad Demographic,
  • Wavered more than once: J.D., Silky, Bad Demographic
  • Was never accused: Bad Demographic, McNutt, Silky
play by play:
1. Mobsters kill Chris Grenard!
2. McNutt casts doubt on Silky, Jiffy.
3. noxiousdog accuses J.D.(1)
4. McNutt casts doubt on J.D.
5. Kraegor casts doubt on McNutt
6. McNutt accuses JD(2)
7. Kraegor accuses JD(3)
8. noxiousdog casts doubt on Arnir.
9. J.D. accuses Kraegor(1)
10. McNutt casts doubt on Kraegor.
11. noxiousdog casts doubt on Silky, Arnir, Grundbegriff, and Jiffy
12. noxiousdog withdraws accusation of J.D.(2)
13. noxiousdog accuses Jiffy(1)
14. McNutt withdraws accusation of J.D.(1)
15. McNutt accuses noxiousdog(1)
16. Kraegor withdraws accusation of J.D.(0)
17. Kraegor accuses noxiousdog(2)
18. J.D. withdraws accusation of Kraegor(0)
19. J.D. accuses noxiousdog(3)
20. Silky accuses noxiousdog(4)
21. Bad Demographic accuses J.D.(1)
22. Arnir accuses noxiousdog(5)!, sealing his fate.
23. Jiffy accuses noxiousdog(6)
24. Silky withdraws accusation of noxiousdog(5)
25. The people kill noxiousdog!
26. Grundbegriff casts doubt on McNutt, Bad Demographic, J.D.
27. Mobsters kill McNutt(the Undercover Cop)!
28. J.D. accuses Grundbegriff(1)
29. Grundbegriff accuses J.D.(1)
30. Jiffy casts doubt on J.D.
31. Silky accuses Kraegor(1)
32. Kraegor accuses J.D.(2)
33. J.D. withdraws accusation of Grundbegriff(0)
34. J.D. accuses Kraegor(2)
35. Jiffy accuses Kraegor(3)
36. Arnir casts doubt on Silky.
37. Bad Demographic accuses Arnir(1)
38. Silky withdraws accusation of Kraegor(2)
39. Silky accuses J.D.(3)
40. Bad Demographic withdraws accusation of Arnir(0)
41. Bad Demographic accuses J.D.(4)!, sealing his fate.
42. Arnir accuses Kraegor(3)
43. The people kill J.D.!
44. Grundbegriff casts doubt on Kraegor.
45. Silky accuses Kraegor (prematurely)
46. Mobsters kill Silky!
47. Bad Demographic casts doubt on Jiffy.
48. Silky casts doubt on Jiffy.
49. Jiffy casts doubt on Kraegor.
50. Arnir accuses Kraegor(1).
51. Jiffy accuses Kraegor(2).
52. Bad Demographic accuses Kraegor(3), nearly sealing his fate.
53. Bad Demographic (quickly) withdraws accusation of Kraegor(2).
54. Grundbegriff accuses Kraegor(3)!, sealing his fate.
55. The people kill Kraegor.
56. Mobsters kill Bad Demographic and Jiffy
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Bad Demographic wrote:when I pm'd Grund (last round) about accusing Kraegor and he agreed but then didn't do it pretty quickly, I decided there was a good chance he was one of the killers.
I wondered why you had withdrawn your vote. I was hoping not to have to vote in the final round. :D (I skipped the first round, too, and Arnir cast a spurious vote in the middle round.)
Arnir
Location: Right here. No, a bit left. A bit up. Okay, close enough. Texas.

Post by Arnir »

That was fun folks. It was nice not to die the first night or at all, even! If I ever go to the Darkside, Grund, I want you on my side!

Crux, mucho gracias.
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Chaosraven's D&D Party 2: Arthur Leadwyrm (now game 1) For your GPS PoI needs
"She needed a green card; I wanted a man card."
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Arnir and Grund, eh?

Good ol' revenge, best served chilled with a fine red wine....
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Arnir and Grund, eh?
Good ol' revenge, best served chilled with a fine red wine....
Yup. We chose to bump you off first because you had done a good job as a werewolf in your previous game. Sorry to cut you out of the action so early, but please take it as a compliment! ;)
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

I wrote:I vote Grundbegrif.
I wrote:Falling into the trap of the Mafia, I see. This is precisely why I picked Grund. He knew that McNutt led the charge against me and that by killing him last night it would throw suspicion on me. If I were a killer, do you really think I would be so foolish as to kill the person who accused me the very next night? No my friends, this is definitely the work of a cunning killer of Grund's capacity.

I am no killer, Grund is the killer. Of that I am now more sure than ever.
Next time, listen to me.

:P
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I didn't so much as waver as couldn't get any help. Despite my Im's and commentary, I got nothing.

Congrats.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

noxiousdog wrote:I didn't so much waver as couldn't get any help....
Congrats.
Thanks. "Wavering" isn't necessarily a bad thing to do. In fact, it's sometimes tactically sound. I include wavering in my AAR because it's one of the few clues available midgame about what's going on.
Silky

Post by Silky »

The fact that the cop got lynched early really hindered us. I salute the mafia, they played to perfection. I for sure didn't trust Grund and I tried to out Arnir before I died. Somehow my cookie does not taste so great.
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!