[Mafia!] Silky smooth, Silky dead!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Crux

[Mafia!] Silky smooth, Silky dead!

Post by Crux »

The game:

By night the Mafia rules the town. Killing at a whim and robbing the dead, they walk the streets unopposed. By day, they blend into the general populace - innocent storekeepers, or workers. Who can stop their reign of terror?

The rules:

10 players sign up. Every night the two mafia can select whom they wish to kill. But there is a catch. Alerted to the problem, the authorities have dispatched an undercover cop to try and solve the case. The undercover cop can investigate one person per night, and figure out whether or not they are members of the mafia.

Every day, the townsfolk gather together and oust one of their members. This vigilante justice is brutal, but the only way they can protect themselves.

Current players: (from other thread)

Noxiousdog
Silky
J.D.
Arnir
Bad Demographic
McNutt
Chris Grenard
Grundbegrif
Jiffy
Kraegor

If I've pre-listed you, please post below to confirm your participation! those bolded have done so.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

I'm in Padre's game Part 2, but if you're still two people short I'll join this one as well.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

In.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

in
Arnir
Location: Right here. No, a bit left. A bit up. Okay, close enough. Texas.

Post by Arnir »

I'm in.
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Chaosraven's D&D Party 2: Arthur Leadwyrm (now game 1) For your GPS PoI needs
"She needed a green card; I wanted a man card."
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

I'm in Padre's Part 2 game as well, but I'd like in. :)
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

I'm in.

Sorry for the double post. My wireless likes to crash at least once a day and then all hell breaks loose. Okay, some serious heck.
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Crux

Post by Crux »

For right now, trying to give preference to those who haven't played yet, or who are not currently in another game. We'll see where things stand this afternoon.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

If you have some people who haven't gotten to play yet, I'll defer (and wait for a new game). Otherwise, I'm in!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Let's do this. I want to do more than just die this time. In.
Silky

Post by Silky »

I'll take a spot if one is available
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Crux

Post by Crux »

Silky wrote:I'll take a spot if one is available
Silky you are first in line if someone doesn't confirm by this afternoon.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

In like mint
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I said, take Eighth Avenue!
Crux

Post by Crux »

Night falls on the town, and god-fearing townsfolk take to their homes in fear of the lawless men that roam the streets. Even people who don't fear god seek the shelter of safety. For two residents, there is no fear. Only the knolwedge of being predator, not prey. With a swagger in their step they roam the night under cover of darkness, choosing out their first victim.

Mafia will recieve pms in a moment, as will the Undercover Policeman.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Going to lunch. I'll check back in an hour or so.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

McNutt wrote:Going to lunch. I'll check back in an hour or so.
Same.
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Arnir closes up his sensual massage for hot women shop. He is prould of his business as his family has been in the trade since the old country. Some of the older deranged members of the family say that a relative was once killed by werewolves in retaliation for rubbing the wrong wolf's wife the right way.

Arnir likes his neighborhood. Lots of hot wives and even some hot non-wives. The Italian cuisine is top notch and there's even some good BBQ and Mexican places around. Crime is a bit high, but that's life in the big city...
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Do we get to dispatch vigelante justice yet, or do we have to wait for someone to die?
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Silky

Post by Silky »

And I am reminded, on this holy day, of the sad story of Kitty Genovese. As you all may remember, a long time ago, almost thirty years ago, this poor soul cried out for help time and time again, but no person answered her calls. Though many saw, no one so much as called the police. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Silky wrote:And I am reminded, on this holy day, of the sad story of Kitty Genovese. As you all may remember, a long time ago, almost thirty years ago, this poor soul cried out for help time and time again, but no person answered her calls. Though many saw, no one so much as called the police. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
Wow. You should be a motivational speaker. That was uplifting.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Arnir wrote:
Silky wrote:And I am reminded, on this holy day, of the sad story of Kitty Genovese. As you all may remember, a long time ago, almost thirty years ago, this poor soul cried out for help time and time again, but no person answered her calls. Though many saw, no one so much as called the police. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
Boondock Saints wrote:Monsignor: And I am reminded, on this holy day, of the sad story of Kitty Genovese. As you all may remember, a long time ago, almost thirty years ago, this poor soul cried out for help time and time again, but no person answered her calls. Though many saw, no one so much as called the police. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
Connor: [as the brothers exit the church] I do believe the monsignor's finally got the point.
Murphy: Aye.
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Kelric wrote:
Arnir wrote:
Boondock Saints wrote:Monsignor: And I am reminded, on this holy day, of the sad story of Kitty Genovese. As you all may remember, a long time ago, almost thirty years ago, this poor soul cried out for help time and time again, but no person answered her calls. Though many saw, no one so much as called the police. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
Connor: [as the brothers exit the church] I do believe the monsignor's finally got the point.
So, in other words, I'm just completely clueless, as usual?
Caine

Post by Caine »

Arnir wrote:
Kelric wrote:
Arnir wrote:
So, in other words, I'm just completely clueless, as usual?
well, you were killed in the first night of werewolf round 2 :P
WRecently WRisen from the gwave.
Crux

Post by Crux »

In the morning, a single door stood ajar. The neighbours peeked inside to see a house ransacked! All his worldly goods were gone, and so was Chris Grenard. Nobody knows were his body went, but an empty bag of Quik-Cement was found in his backyard.

Troubled, the citizens gathered in the square to discuss their next move.

Noxiousdog
Silky
J.D.
Arnir
Bad Demographic
McNutt
Chris Grenard [Dead]
Grundbegrif
Jiffy
Kraegor

The first person to recieve 5 votes dies.
Bad Demographic

Nooooo, not Chris!

Oh well, he had a wolfish look to him anyway.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

seems more like "Serial Killer" than Mafia....or did CG owe someone money for the track?
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

This is too stressful. I need to go to a sensual massage parlour. Anyone know where I can find one?
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I warned Chris not to bet on the Blue Jays.
Black Lives Matter

McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Oh, I think I have an idea where his body went. Right in the Hudson. Isn't that right, Silky? What about you, Jiffy. Cat got your tongue?
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

J.D. wrote:This is too stressful. I need to go to a sensual massage parlour. Anyone know where I can find one?
Work too hard last night?

To speed things along, vote currently for J.D., but I'm certainly open to new info.

edit: revoke vote
Black Lives Matter

J.D.

Post by J.D. »

noxiousdog wrote:
J.D. wrote:This is too stressful. I need to go to a sensual massage parlour. Anyone know where I can find one?
Work too hard last night?

To speed things along, vote currently for J.D., but I'm certainly open to new info.
I don't have any way to prove it to you, but I promise you that I am definitely not one of the killers.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Wow. I had a feeling that J.D. was one of them, but I guess I was wrong since he promised and all.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Poor Chris :(

I hardly knew him but he will be sorely missed. A small eulogy for his soul

He has ceased to be, bereft of life, he rests in peace, he has kicked the bucket, hopped the twig, bit the dust, snuffed it, breathed his last, and gone to meet the Great Head of Light Entertainment in the sky, and I guess that we're all thinking how sad it is that a man of such talent, such capability and kindness, of such intelligence should now be so suddenly spirited away at such a young age, before he'd achieved many of the things of which he was capable, and before he'd had enough fun.

I would want more information before I cast a potential death sentance in someones direction. I hope more news is forthcoming so that he may be avenged.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

McNutt wrote:Wow. I had a feeling that J.D. was one of them, but I guess I was wrong since he promised and all.
sorta pushy there...you have much practice...being a Goodfella?!?!
Bad Demographic

Who could have done this terrible deed?

Geez. I'm putting some green tape on my windows and doors tonight in hopes that whoever is going around killing people will think I've paid my protection money and leave me alone.

Black Lives Matter
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Bad Demographic wrote: Geez. I'm putting some green tape on my windows and doors tonight in hopes that whoever is going around killing people will think I've paid my protection money and leave me alone.
Is that something J.D. told you to do when you let him into your life? He was using you, baby, just like all of them.

edit - Changed vote
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

McNutt wrote:
Bad Demographic wrote: Geez. I'm putting some green tape on my windows and doors tonight in hopes that whoever is going around killing people will think I've paid my protection money and leave me alone.
Is that something J.D. told you to do when you let him into your life? He was using you, baby, just like all of them.
:(

I bet the real killers are laughing their asses off at these false accusations.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

J.D. wrote: :(

I bet the real killers are laughing their asses off at these false accusations.
No. They're too busy posting frowney faces. :D
Bad Demographic

\ lights a cig and eyes the others dubiously.

Black Lives Matter