[Mafia!] Silky smooth, Silky dead!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Arnir
Location: Right here. No, a bit left. A bit up. Okay, close enough. Texas.

Post by Arnir »

Silky wrote:This may sound silly but the way this is playing out.... I think the cop might have been ChrisGrenard......
Well, with the nature of the game, the first victim could easily be the cop as it would be purely random, wouldn't it? I mean, the cop couldn't have known anyting at that point, right? Or am I missing something obvious?
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Chaosraven's D&D Party 2: Arthur Leadwyrm (now game 1) For your GPS PoI needs
"She needed a green card; I wanted a man card."
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I think Arnir is too innocently chatty, so I'll accuse him!

edit: withdrawing my vote for Arnir.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

J.D. changed his vote to Kraegor as well. I believe in this round a quorum is 4 but I do not know that for a fact.
J.D. votes in any way that will remove suspicion from himself. including p.m. behind the scene along the lines of "stop accusing me and i'll accuse someone with you". He's a killer.

anywho, finish it already.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Bad Demographic wrote:A couple of you guys think the heat got it. Which one of them do you think was the cop?
And were any of you contacted by this cop?
the assumption of dead cop is based on the apparent blindness of the innocent. either that or the cop has had amazingly bad luck by investigating the dead guy/girl every night...which has gotta be depressing....hidin in the bushes...then notice the person yer spyin on is dead...well mark that one off the list....
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

C'mon!!!! Kill Me!!!! I'm Heya!!!
Silky

Post by Silky »

Vote for J.D.
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Bad Demographic

Withdrawing my vote for Arnir.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Silky

Post by Silky »

Voting summary:

3 for J.D.
2 for Kraegor
Bad Demographic

I stared at the bunch of schmoes standing around staring at the dead body of McNutt. We had all been standing and staring for quite some time. Very little was being said. I dug out another smoke and thought about everything that had happened up to the unfortunate attack on Noxious Dog, our hapless victim. The Bible tells us "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Well, the Dog cast the first stone and the crowd turned on him. Turned out he wasn't the killer -- he must've had some other sins on his plate.
The words "I am not one of the killers" stuck in my head. "Yeah," I thought cynically, "you're the other killer." Then I looked at Kraegor. He and J.D. seemed to spend a lot of time accusing each other. Maybe one of them was right (maybe both of them were right?). I had to choose somebody. I chose J.D.

Black Lives Matter
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

I really don't know. Before I have always simply gone along with the majority and it hasn't worked. I think I'll support the underdog this time, or is it not support the underdog? I vote Kraegor. Hopefully we will all sleep better tonight!
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Kraegor - JD
JD - Kraegor
Silky - JD
Grundbegriff - JD
Jiffy - Kraegor
Arnir - Kraegor
Bad Demographic - JD
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Silky wrote:Kraegor - JD
JD - Kraegor
Silky - JD
Grundbegriff - JD
Jiffy - Kraegor
Arnir - Kraegor
Bad Demographic - JD
Grundbegruff - No Vote
I think the last name is the same person as 4th person unless my cluelessness is extra special today!
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Oops double post. Guess that answered the whole cluelessness thing. :oops:
Silky

Post by Silky »

Arnir wrote:
JD - Kraegor
Silky - JD
Grundbegriff - JD
Jiffy - Kraegor
Arnir - Kraegor
Bad Demographic - JD
Grundbegruff - No Vote
I think the last name is the same person as 4th person unless my cluelessness is extra special today!
Thats what i get for trying to play moderator. Thanks for catching it Arnir.
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Silky wrote:
Arnir wrote:
JD - Kraegor
Silky - JD
Grundbegriff - JD
Jiffy - Kraegor
Arnir - Kraegor
Bad Demographic - JD
Grundbegruff - No Vote
Thats what i get for trying to play moderator. Thanks for catching it Arnir.
I appreciate your effort. So, does this mean that JD is toast? If he is, I hope you people are correct!
Crux

Post by Crux »

JD protested his innocence until the bitter end, but it did him no good once the vicious mob had its teeth in the bit. As it turned out, he was right: he was innocent. Yet another undeserved death had struck the town, and now night was upon them. They scurried back to their homes in fear. Some of them even felt guilty.

PM away, those of you are supposed to :)

BTW, no replies from me now until later tonight.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Well, that went well, doncha think? At least I can tell myself that I wasn't in the wrong camp this time. :(
Silky

Post by Silky »

I am sorry J.D. I have failed you. Well now what?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Grundbegriff wrote:Bad Demographic stuck to her accusation of J.D., but only after other accusations of J.D. were withdrawn. Could she be protecting J.D. (whom three others, including the innocent noxiousdog, had accused) because they share a secret?
Ok, I guess Bad Demo and J.D. don't share a secret.

Er...oops! :oops:
Bad Demographic

Grundbegriff wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Bad Demographic stuck to her accusation of J.D., but only after other accusations of J.D. were withdrawn. Could she be protecting J.D. (whom three others, including the innocent noxiousdog, had accused) because they share a secret?
Ok, I guess Bad Demo and J.D. don't share a secret.

Er...oops! :oops:
Well at least you didn't vote to knock off J.D.

One more mistake on our part and we're toast.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Bad Demographic wrote:Well at least you didn't vote to knock off J.D.
One more mistake on our part and we're toast.
I did. And a certain someone who helped me to see things that way was clearly jerking me around.

I'm not happy about it.
Kraegor, this thread, page 3 wrote:anyone up for a game of russian roullete?
judgin by the lack of direction, i'd say we got a dead cop on our hands....
I'm votin J.D.
You seem pretty confident that the cop is dead, Kraegor. You must know a lot about killing officers of the law....
Kraegor to me in Private Message wrote:"j.d. is playin behind the scenes. he tried to get me to take out mcnutt in the first round"
We came close today, but missed the mark. Let's not make the same mistake tomorrow.
Bad Demographic

So are you saying it was Kraegor who got you to choose JD?

Black Lives Matter
Silky

Post by Silky »

Where is the Captain Kirk picture from Wrath of Khan when you need it?

KRAEGOR!!!!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Bad Demographic wrote:So are you saying it was Kraegor who got you to choose JD?
No. I'm saying that I voted against JD for the reasons mentioned in this post (the death of someone who had attacked him, his attack on me), but that Kraegor's suggestive note confirmed the conclusion I was drawing. Evidently, I shouldn't have taken it at face value.

I told someone else here about Kraegor's note shortly after I received it. That person, someone I believe to be clean, is welcome to confirm that fact in the thread.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Bad Demographic wrote:So are you saying it was Kraegor who got you to choose JD?
No. I'm saying that I voted against JD for the reasons mentioned in this post (the death of someone who had attacked him, his attack on me), but that Kraegor's suggestive note confirmed the conclusion I was drawing. Evidently, I shouldn't have taken it at face value.

I told someone else here about Kraegor's note shortly after I received it. That person, someone I believe to be clean, is welcome to confirm that fact in the thread.
I believe Grundbegriff is speaking about me. He did share with me that Kraegor was trying to get him to vote against J.D. Hell Kraegor told me that much himself. What the remaining civilians have to decide is what is now going on? No more room for mistakes. Obviously my judgement has been faulty up to this point. I was hoping to get lucky that J.D. was mafia. Kraegor of course may be innocent. He may have believed that J.D was a hitman and this stings him as much as the rest of us.

I am sure that the remaining civilians do not trust anyone at this point so I do not even know what advice to offer. I do trust one or two people but they have no real reason to trust me.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Silky wrote:I do trust one or two people but they have no real reason to trust me.
:shock:
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

yeah J.D. did a great job of convincing me of his guilt (oops). i was actually expecting to die. sorta surprised i didnt.

seems like doom from round one. least it's a good object lesson in the reliability of mob justice ;)

so lesse...i die tonight or i get hung tomorrow. nice odds!

as for who to suspect? I say kill jiffy. death to the silent ones! (and im sayin this in case i get my throat slit tonight)
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Silky wrote:Where is the Captain Kirk picture from Wrath of Khan when you need it?

KRAEGOR!!!!
yeah there's no doubt i got a bullseye on me now. similar to J.D. (in my eyes) i painted myself into a corner.

who are the killers? I actually have no clue at this point. Text without inflection...virtually impossible to discern nervousness etc....my sleuth abilities are hampered!!!

oh wait sorry that was ooc.... errr ummm....

I don't understand you people! I mean all these picky little points you keep bringing up. They don't mean nothing. You saw this kid just like I did. You're not gonna tell me you believe that phony story about losing the knife, and that business about being at the movies. Look, you know how these people lie! It's born in them! I mean what the heck? I don't have to tell you. They don't know what the truth is! And lemme tell you, they don't need any real big reason to kill someone, either! No sir!
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

This whole thing is really making me doubt democracy. Kraegor, I have to say that you seem to have set up J.D. pretty darn well.

Of course, what I think probably doesn't matter as you will have me killed off tonight because I voted against you last time!
Padre

Post by Padre »

Arnir wrote:This whole thing is really making me doubt democracy.
Oh, I don't know. Judging on the hsitory of the three games thus far completed, we can see that democracy arrives at the right answer around two-thirds of the time, so long as it butchers a few innocent people first!

That's not so bad, is it?

:D
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Padre wrote:
Arnir wrote:This whole thing is really making me doubt democracy.
Oh, I don't know. Judging on the hsitory of the three games thus far completed, we can see that democracy arrives at the right answer around two-thirds of the time, so long as it butchers a few innocent people first!

That's not so bad, is it?

:D
It is when you are first to be butchered! Even though I do hope that I was classified USDA Prime. :wink:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Arnir wrote:It is when you are first to be butchered! Even though I do hope that I was classified USDA Prime. :wink:
I'd guess rump roast.
Bad Demographic

Grundbegriff wrote:
Arnir wrote:It is when you are first to be butchered! Even though I do hope that I was classified USDA Prime. :wink:
I'd guess rump roast.
Chump roast.

Black Lives Matter
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Laugh it up folks. After K kills me off, one of you is next!
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Arnir wrote:Laugh it up folks. After K kills me off, one of you is next!
Interesting. I have not targeted you the entire weeks [oops said game :p] , but now that I am the obvious evil-doer, you seem to think i have you homed in.

What would be my motivation? nothing singles you from the noise. except for your behavior now....in which you can accuse me, with impunity. (since i lead the charge for 2 innocent deaths)

If i were to target someone, not antogonizing me would be the logical choice, since i am oh so good at killing the wrong man.

So motivation is? Let me live tonight and kill someone else, eh? Then your clamor to kill me come the dawn has that much more potency. Ahhh such delicious intrigue.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

[ooc] heh debate just before nightfall is entertaining. folks standing on their doorsteps...yelling...like dogs howling at the moon[/ooc]
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Kraegor wrote:
Arnir wrote:Laugh it up folks. After K kills me off, one of you is next!
Interesting. I have not targeted you the entire weeks [oops said game :p] , but now that I am the obvious evil-doer, you seem to think i have you homed in.

What would be my motivation? nothing singles you from the noise. except for your behavior now....in which you can accuse me, with impunity. (since i lead the charge for 2 innocent deaths)

If i were to target someone, not antogonizing me would be the logical choice, since i am oh so good at killing the wrong man.

So motivation is? Let me live tonight and kill someone else, eh? Then your clamor to kill me come the dawn has that much more potency. Ahhh such delicious intrigue.
Look, it is quite clear that you have been part of the duo engineering these lynchings. I just don't know who your partner in crime is. I only know it isn't me and our numbers are dwindling rapidly. The math points out that I am going to be a goner very soon and I think it will be tonight. So, I want to make it clear that I think you are guilty. And, maybe you will let me live tonight so that tomorrow you will look innocent. I'm grasping at straws here.
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Kraegor wrote:[ooc] heh debate just before nightfall is entertaining. folks standing on their doorsteps...yelling...like dogs howling at the moon[/ooc]
OOC: yeah, we are a bunch of terrified puppies right now. And really lousy detectives! If the undercover cop is still alive, I just wanted to point out that you suck! :D
Bad Demographic

The lynchings had rattled Arnir and he was unraveling like an old sweater. His fervent accusation of Kraegor was contagious and I found myself giving Kraegor the eye. But what of my silent neighbors? Frightened people talk. Loud. And a lot. Jiffy had been very quiet through the past couple days. Too quiet.
"It's the quiet ones we have to watch out for." I said, flipping the remains of my cancer stick into the street. "I'll bet if we check Jiffy's place, we'll find the clues we're looking for."

Black Lives Matter
Silky

Post by Silky »

Bad Demographic wrote:The lynchings had rattled Arnir and he was unraveling like an old sweater. His fervent accusation of Kraegor was contagious and I found myself giving Kraegor the eye. But what of my silent neighbors? Frightened people talk. Loud. And a lot. Jiffy had been very quiet through the past couple days. Too quiet.
"It's the quiet ones we have to watch out for." I said, flipping the remains of my cancer stick into the street. "I'll bet if we check Jiffy's place, we'll find the clues we're looking for."
You know i think you are right. I will get you my pretty and your little dog too!