TROLL: The innocents win! Or do they?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Tareeq

TROLL: The innocents win! Or do they?

Post by Tareeq »

House Rules (Adapted from Grundbegriff's version of Padre's instructions):

CAST:

The game involves 12 members posting on this forum.

9 of the members are Innocents.
1 of the members is a Moderator.
2 of the members are Trolls!

I am the Administrator. I ban based on the Code of Conduct, and the will of the majority. I will assign your roles at random.

CYCLE:

The game begins at night, while the forum sleeps. Each night, the 2 Trolls provoke an Innocent, who in the morning will blow up in violation of the Code of Conduct. That Innocent will be PERMABANNED! Each night, the Moderator, if still alive, checks IP addresses (by asking me "Is X a Troll?"-- a question I will answer truthfully).

Each morning, the forum will awaken to discover its membership reduced by one short-tempered victim. All unbanned members will then have a chance to select one of their number about whom to begin a thread in the METAFORUM. A TORCH-BEARING MOB will form, demanding that the named member, whether Innocent, Moderator, or Troll, be PERMABANNED.

To vote, place the name of the accused in boldface. Nothing else is a vote.

Beginning a thread in the METAFORUM goes by majority rule. Changing votes is possible only until a majority is reached. (If you're in the plurality and you want to change your vote, change it before that decisive vote is cast!) Once a majority is reached, the accused will be the victim of a TORCH-BEARING MOB, and must be PERMABANNED! Voting is not required, but night will not fall until the forum exacts its primitive justice.

I will announce the latest news at dawn and dusk (gametime) to mark the cycle.

CLUES and RULES:

I will reveal the identity of the nightly Troll victim. I will reveal the nature (Innocent or Troll) of the PERMABANNED. I will not reveal whether the PERMABANNED is the Moderator.

I will provide no clues in the thread, and none outside the thread other than one piece of advice nightly to an unbanned Moderator.

Anyone unbanned may say anything to anyone else at any time, even during the night.

No one PERMABANNED may say anything to anyone at any time.

Anyone may PM me for clarification of the rules.

Posting in the thread is strongly encouraged. Private Messages (PMs) are also fine.

VICTORY!

The Innocents/Moderator team wins if they ban all the Trolls.

The Troll team wins if the number of non-Trolls equals the number of Trolls.

MEMBERS

Arkon
Bob
Chesspieceface
Chraolic
Clanwolfer
Crux
Exodor
noxiousdog
PR_GMR
Sectoid
tgb
tru1cy
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Best. Game. Ever.

In.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

WTH! In. Unless someone not invlved in a game wants to play
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Sure, why not...IN
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

If Tareeq is not a troll, I'm in. If he is, I'm pwned.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

I would like in.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

I wish to play!

.... although I've not been following these Werewolf and Mafia threads, so the mechanics of the game aren't very clear to me. But I wish to play.
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
Padre

Post by Padre »

Fantastic theme!

I'll put you on the meta-thread, but I'll not play as I'm in a game already.
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

This is brilliant.
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

I'll play.
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

It's a shame that I'm in two games already. I love this theme :twisted:

Edit: Make that one game... motherfucking snakes!! :(
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Funniest thing I've read in weeks. Brilliant. You have just penned internet legend. I will be getting this in email or reading it on other forums for months.
Crux

Post by Crux »

I'll play. But I'll give up my spot if someone who hasn't played yet wants it.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Peacedog wrote:This is brilliant.
Not so, but do you wish to play? Same question for Cylus.
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

Tareeq wrote: Not so, but do you wish to play? Same question for Cylus.
Tempting, but I don't think I have the time to do it justice right now, so I have to pass.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I'm in.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I'll play.
Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Two spots left!
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

I like the idea, it seems very apt. I'll give it a shot.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

What the hell. IN
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

PM notifications have gone out to the MODERATOR and the TROLLS. If you did not receive a PM, you are an INNOCENT.

It is sunday night. It has been a boring weekend with high temperatures in the 70s and sunny weather across the United States. The forum has been empty. But monday morning is coming soon, and so are the TROLLS.

What FORUM DRAMA will await us when we return to the office? Soon the Trolls will do their dirty work. An exciting week of MEANINGLESS STRIFE lies ahead.

Morning will break as soon as the Trolls have chosen their victim for the night.

MEMBERS

Arkon
Bob
Chesspieceface
Chraolic
Clanwolfer
Crux
Exodor
noxiousdog
PR_GMR
Sectoid
tgb
tru1cy
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Oh, man.. what a boring weekend. Let me see what's shaking at the OO forum.

(PR logs to the board.. and sees he has received a PM. It's a picture:)

(PICTURE OF A DEAD HORSE WITH A GRAND PIANO STUCK UP ITS ASS)

My eyess!!! My eyesss!!

truicy, why have you sent me this horror?!!!!
Fear the Wiki!
Tareeq

tru1cy has been BANNED!

Post by Tareeq »

Subject: BAN ANNOUNCEMENT: tru1cy

It pains me to announce that effective immediately, tru1cy has been banned from the forum.

It appears that in response to a couple of innocuous comments in a thread about the best character builds for World of Goatcraft last night, tru1cy began sending private messages to two forum members that contained the vilest images of wanton depravity, specifically photos of a hermaphrodite fellating and being fellated by a goat.

We ordinarily do not regulate private messages, but these images were shocking. I asked tru1cy to apologize, but tru1cy refused.

I trust you all will understand my decision.

MEMBERS

Arkon
Bob
Chesspieceface
Chraolic
Clanwolfer
Crux
Exodor
noxiousdog
PR_GMR
Sectoid
tgb
tru1cy BANNED
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

It wasn't his fault. Exodor provoked him into it. He confided in me yesterday that he couldn't stand tru1cy and wanted him to implode. Exodor must be banned as well! Start a meta-forum thread!
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

noxiousdog wrote:It wasn't his fault. Exodor provoked him into it. He confided in me yesterday that he couldn't stand tru1cy and wanted him to implode. Exodor must be banned as well!
Huh. nd is awfully quick to point fingers.

Just like a troll to try to stir things up and accuse an innocent.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

noxiousdog wrote:It wasn't his fault. Exodor provoked him into it. He confided in me yesterday that he couldn't stand tru1cy and wanted him to implode. Exodor must be banned as well!
Man, why do you guys come down so hard on Exodor? There are those of us that don't like his posting style, but he's a contributing member of this forum, especially on old adventure games like Custom Suit Feddy and the Octopi Island games.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

You know, Exodor does a... queer look to him. His avatar is too innocent! Maybe he did incite truicy into sending me a picture of a dead horse with a grand piano stuck up his ass.
Fear the Wiki!
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Wait, did you just call me gay?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think nd and PR_GMR are working in cahoots to frame me. Don't you find it odd that tru1cy would just randomly PM goat pron to PR_GMR?

I know that if I was one to send random animal beastiality pictures via pm I'd send it to the trolls who crap up the forum - maybe scare 'em off.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I wasn't going to say anything, but Arkon asked me if I knew a way to slip an alt past Rip. Just saying.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

tgb wrote:I wasn't going to say anything, but Arkon asked me if I knew a way to slip an alt past Rip. Just saying.
We know you're lying now. The thought of you being an authority on anything is too frightening to comprehend.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Arkon might have an alt.. but.. nahh, I'm still thinking Exodor is behind this. Didn't he post something the other day about.. truicy doesn't like World Of Goatcraft so he's gotta go?

The Moderator's gotta do something about this. Exodor's head goes to the guillotine next, I say!
Fear the Wiki!
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Exodor wrote: I think nd and PR_GMR are working in cahoots to frame me. Don't you find it odd that tru1cy would just randomly PM goat pron to PR_GMR?
You can only accuse one of us at a time. MAKE YOUR TIME!
Black Lives Matter

Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

PR_GMR seems far too keen on putting the blame on others, almost suspiciously so.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Oh, wait a minute!! It wasn't Exodor who made that post about truicy needing to be sacked because not liking WoG!

(PR quotes the post)

It was Bob!

That's it.. Bob's gotta go! Moderator? Take action!

Exodor, my apologies.. You were not to be blamed. You're as innocent as your Charlie Brown avatar.

META-NOTE: Will be away for a couple of hours. Will check on thread then.
Fear the Wiki!
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

noxiousdog wrote:You can only accuse one of us at a time. MAKE YOUR TIME!
That sounds like a tacit admission of cooperation between them.

And only trolls would plan behind the scenes to tag-team innocent posters.

Since I can only take one down at the time I'll join Chraolic and vote PR_GMR.

You'll get yours next, StinkyHound.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Chraolic wrote:PR_GMR seems far too keen on putting the blame on others, almost suspiciously so.
Plus his use of the word "queer" seems pretty trollish to me.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Heh, this idea keeps getting improved on. Oh why during this enlightened period of forum awesomeness am I too busy to play reindeer games?
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Exodor wrote:
noxiousdog wrote:You can only accuse one of us at a time. MAKE YOUR TIME!
That sounds like a tacit admission of cooperation between them.

And only trolls would plan behind the scenes to tag-team innocent posters.
Then I shouldn't tell them of the note you sent me about Chessp^H^H^H^H^H^H that other guy?
Black Lives Matter

Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

I got one of those tru1cy PMs as well, what the hell is wrong with people!?! :shock:

Sure is a lot of drama on the forum this morning. Why don't you guys just try not to take everything so personally.
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Good lord the Drama! You know, tru1cy should have known the bannanator was gonna get him. I also heard he liked sitting under bridges and demanding tolls.....

It does seem like some have been quick to judge... and even judge against me. I haven't said word one... and I don't think I even have enough posts to send out disgusting PM's!!!