TROLL: The innocents win! Or do they?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

Tareeq wrote:From: Tareeq, Administrator
Subject: Crux has been suspended from the forum.

We have a problem on the forum. The problem is that certain members refuse to abide by our Code of Conduct. I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone what the Code says about profanity.
At Octopus Overlords, profanity is allowed, but please don't go overboard. Excessive profanity is unacceptable and will be addressed (with warnings, post edits, etc.). Profanity in post titles, user names, forum tags, and signatures is not allowed. The definition of profanity and the line delineating excessive profanity is at the discretion of staff.
Crux was heavily involved in the Religion & Politics forum. As I'm sure you're all aware, our war with Australia has raised some strong feelings. Now Crux, an Australian living in America, probably had stronger feelings about the war than any of us. It probably wasn't a good idea to leave a thread captioned "Nuke Sidney" in R & P, a mistake I've rectified by retitling it to "N*ke Sidney."

His feelings aside, Crux's conduct in that thread violated our Code of Conduct. It was impermissible for Crux to have ordered the member who started that thread to "SUCK MY BUTT!" It was equally impermissible for Crux to have told another member in the same thread to "Go to Hades!"

No matter how much provocation Crux was under, this was inexcusable. So Crux has been given a permanent vacation from the forum, effective immediately. I'm sorry that this happened, but the Code is more important than any one of us. It will be enforced as long as I administer these forums.

I trust that matters will calm down now that I have exercised my authority. Thank you, and please pray for our brave troops in Tasmania.

MEMBERS

Arkon
Bob
Chesspieceface
Chraolic
Clanwolfer
Crux BANNED!
Exodor
noxiousdog
PR_GMR BANNED!
Sectoid
tgb
tru1cy BANNED!
:lol:

I wanna play in THIS game! This is genius!
tgb

Post by tgb »

Clanwolfer wrote: Just because I'm smarter than all of you doesn't mean I feel compelled to share my genius... :ninja:
That sounds like somthing brettmcd would post. Could Clanwolfer be an alt?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

tgb wrote:
Clanwolfer wrote: Just because I'm smarter than all of you doesn't mean I feel compelled to share my genius... :ninja:
That sounds like somthing brettmcd would post. Could Clanwolfer be an alt?
Again, with the baiting! Oy, you people!
tgb

Post by tgb »

Methinks thou doest protest too much.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

tgb wrote:Methinks thou doest protest too much.
And methinks you accuse too much. But I'm right, you'll see!
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Wow. Just... wow. :shock:

QTF. I'll be in my bunk. Smoove_B is a woman!! There are SNAKES on this MOTHAFUCKIN PLANE!!! My children are SOO cute. Madden '07.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Well, that is interesting.

Mr. Sectoid seems to be avoiding the consequences of our actions. It seems to me that would be a good idea for one who wishes to incite riots.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

words..words..words..

JESSICA ALBA
I think Jessica is the troll, but I'm going to need a few minutes in my bunk to be sure.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Bugger. I'm going to be away for a few hours.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

noxiousdog wrote:Bugger. I'm going to be away for a few hours.
That Alba picture will do that to a fella.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Avenge me!
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Exodor wrote:
Hours? Don't flatter yourself too much.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Clanwolfer wrote:
Exodor wrote:
Hours? Don't flatter yourself too much.

Well, that's including time to wine and dine myself.

After all, I'm not just a piece of meat. A fella has to treat himself right.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Seems to me Clanwoofer and Exodor are getting awfully chummy.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

This would be so much easier if we had U2K and Kobra playing...

:D
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

tgb wrote:Seems to me Clanwoofer and Exodor are getting awfully chummy.

Well, I was actually getting chummy with myself (and Jessica).

I still think penis-avatar-boy is one of our trolls.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

tgb wrote:Seems to me Clanwoofer and Exodor are getting awfully chummy.
Okay, I'll start getting chummy with you. Should we start with the mood lighting, or go straight to the hand lotion and Cheet-Os?
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

{meta comment}(Sorry,I just can't resist... I have to quote this because it's true and I always thought I was the only person who saw it that way...man! I'm perfect for this game!)
Exodor in ref. to clanwolfer wrote:And his avatar looks like a mutilated penis.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. "
Mae West
tgb

Post by tgb »

His snarky comments, the references to cheetos and hand lotion, plus his mutilated penis can lead me to only one conclusion:

Clanwolfer must be a troll.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

tgb wrote:His snarky comments, the references to cheetos and hand lotion, plus his mutilated penis can lead me to only one conclusion:

Clanwolfer must be a troll.
Nonsense! I merely express the lowest common denominator as best I can. tgb, however, seems eager to pick off a clear innocent when he knows that the avatar and the whole talking thing mean that the forum can steamroll me.

tgb is the villain here, not me! Don't fall for his clear attempts to pick off the weakest (but coolest) of the herd!
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Clanwolfer, you have been accusing many members of trolling, but it is you who have been provoking the forum with your own trolling.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Arkon wrote:Clanwolfer, you have been accusing many members of trolling, but it is you who have been provoking the forum with your own trolling.
LIES! I am eccentric and quirky; think of me as an offbeat frequent caller to a radio show. I give this forum color! I give it LIFE!
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

Wow, what bullshit! Way to go mods! Crux was a good guy, do I need to start a poll, 'Is 'go to hades' an insult?' ?? The CoC seriously needs a review we need to punish the instigators not the provoked. Crux was just doing what any of us would have. :(

I guess we should change the name to Octopus Overjerks. Let see who the angry mob waves their torches and pitchforks at next, so the admin can just bend over and give in to their demands yet again.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

EDIT: :roll: :roll:
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Clanwolfer wrote:
Arkon wrote:Clanwolfer, you have been accusing many members of trolling, but it is you who have been provoking the forum with your own trolling.
LIES! I am eccentric and quirky; think of me as an offbeat frequent caller to a radio show. I give this forum color! I give it LIFE!
The only color you give this forum is RAINBOW if ya know what I mean.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Arkon wrote:
Clanwolfer wrote:
The only color you give this forum is RAINBOW if ya know what I mean.
Lies! My life is threesomes and lollipops!

The good kind, that is.

Of threesomes, that is.

Lollipops sure are delicious.
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

noxiousdog wrote:Well, that is interesting.

Mr. Sectoid seems to be avoiding the consequences of our actions. It seems to me that would be a good idea for one who wishes to incite riots.
Sorry, I was busy seeing Mother-f*$#ing Snakes on a Mother-f*$#ing Plane. So, how, exactly would
avoiding the consequences of our actions
be a means to incite a riot? I haven't said anything to anyone.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

How the voting stands

Arkon Clanwolfer
Bob Clanwolfer
Chesspieceface
Chraolic Clanwolfer
Clanwolfer tgb
Crux BANNED!
Exodor
noxiousdog Sectoid
PR_GMR BANNED!
Sectoid
tgb Clanwolfer
tru1cy BANNED!

It will take 5 members to begin a thread in the metaforum.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

Chesspieceface wrote:Wow, what bullshit! Way to go mods! Crux was a good guy, do I need to start a poll, 'Is 'go to hades' an insult?' ?? The CoC seriously needs a review we need to punish the instigators not the provoked. Crux was just doing what any of us would have. :(

I guess we should change the name to Octopus Overjerks. Let see who the angry mob waves their torches and pitchforks at next, so the admin can just bend over and give in to their demands yet again.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

EDIT: :roll: :roll:
lmao, love the edit for the extra rollies.
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Tareeq wrote:How the voting stands

Arkon
Bob Clanwolfer
Chesspieceface
Chraolic
Clanwolfer tgb
Crux BANNED!
Exodor
noxiousdog Sectoid
PR_GMR BANNED!
Sectoid
tgb Clanwolfer
tru1cy BANNED!

It will take 5 members to begin a thread in the metaforum.
You missed my vote for that damn dirty Clanwolfer
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

I really don't know what to make of all this. But it seems clear that Clanwolfer is the greatest disruption to these forums, and perhaps all the drama around here would diminish if he were to leave...
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Clearly Clanwolfer and his disgusting avatar must go.
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

It appears Exodor is the deciding vote in banning Clanwolfer.
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Subject: Re: [Poll] Is all this forum drama CLANWOLFER'S fault?

I'd like to address this situation before it gets any further out of hand, and I'd like to take the time to address how decisions are made here.

First, effective immediately, Clanwolfer is no longer a member of this forum. This was necessary because his presence was disrupting the peace of the community. Although Clanwolfer did nothing wrong, the overwhelming community consensus was that he was a troll. As incorrect as this was, I can do nothing to change it.

Now, some have claimed that the moderation on this board is "biased" or "unfair" or is the captive of some "clique." Nothing could be further from the truth. We take each member's views into account. We will never do the wrong thing simply because a "popular" member suggests it. We are principled.

Popularity is not important to us. It's only a small portion of the picture. What is important is the significance of the member in question. For instance, in this case Arkon suggested that Clanwolfer was a troll. Arkon, as we all know, has a great sense of humor and is a podiatrist. We all love reading his stories of the intriguing world of podiatry and the amusing anecdotes he tells. Therefore, Arkon's voice is approximately 4 times more significant to us than that of noxiousdog, who's a little weirdo living in his mom's basement posting one-liners. noxiousdog's voice was taken into account, but it was not significant in our decision-making.

The same is true for tgb, who is a 19 year old woman who probably looks a lot like Jessica Alba. At least I think she does. Her opinion therefore matters approximately 5 times more than that of Clanwolfer, who was a nice guy, but in the end was just some dude who posted a lot about strategy games. We have a hundred just like him.

As for the lurkers who posted in Clanwolfer's defense, of course we listen to everyone, including Mrs. Clanwolfer and Clanwolfer Jr., who were very eloquent. Thank you for giving us your opinions.

SO, I want to be clear that Clanwolfer was not banned because he ran afoul of the "wrong people." He wasn't banned on the basis of friendship or popularity. Administering this board is a fair, dare I say it, scientific process. I'm sure everyone will agree.

I'm locking this thread, as it's served its purpose.

MEMBERS

Arkon
Bob
Chesspieceface
Chraolic
Clanwolfer BANNED!
Crux BANNED!
Exodor
noxiousdog
PR_GMR BANNED!
Sectoid
tgb
tru1cy BANNED!
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I really want to post on a forum that Tareeq moderates. :D
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Hrmm, didn't see that coming. Oh well I never liked Clanwolfer anyways.

So who will be next....
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Subject: noxiousdog

I see that my recent admonitions regarding the Code of Conduct have had no effect. It appears that sterner measures are needed to right this ship.

This morning it was necessary to ban noxiousdog from our forum. This ban will be permanent. noxiousdog violated the provisions of the Code of Conduct on flaming and personal attacks.
No flaming or hate speech. This includes derogatory slang, nicknames, racial, sexual, and religious slurs. The "But he started it!" defense does not work on these forums. Insults posted in retaliation will be treated the same way as unprovoked insults. Remember, you are responsibile for your own conduct.
I am sure you've all been following the seven page thread in Everything But Gaming on bad breath. This started out as a light-hearted thread, a simple but amusing news article about an opera singer who lost her job because the audience complained about her bad breath.

Then things got out of hand. noxiousdog evidently has personal issues with the subject and let the forum know about it. That's fine. We don't moderate opinion, and anyone can have his say (as long as he takes a breath mint first).

What was not fine was this utterance:
noxiousdog wrote:That's just the sort of opinion I'd expect to hear from a troll like you. I've come to understand that noone at octopus overlords has any simpathy for those who suffer from genetic halitosys. but i guess thats just the way you are you farty mcfartpants. :roll: :roll:
Referring to another member as a "farty mcfartpants" is hate speech. We cannot allow this sort of activity on a forum where so many of our members suffer from fecal incontinence. I received word by private message, from a trusted third party, that the member noxiousdog was addressing does indeed experience occasional fecal incontinence, and that noxiousdog knew of this.

Hence noxiousdog, who has been warned repeatedly to mend his ways or to simply avoid threads on the always amusing subject of bad breath, will no longer post here.

I trust that the reasons for my decision are self-evident.

MEMBERS

Arkon
Bob
Chesspieceface
Chraolic
Clanwolfer BANNED!
Crux BANNED!
Exodor
noxiousdog BANNED!
PR_GMR BANNED!
Sectoid
tgb
tru1cy BANNED!
Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

Exodor wrote:I really want to post on a forum that Tareeq moderates. :D
+10000000

This is some of the funniest stuff I've read in months!
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Huh.
noxiousdog wrote:Mr. Sectoid seems to be avoiding the consequences of our actions. It seems to me that would be a good idea for one who wishes to incite riots.
Soon after posting this nd found himself banned.

I suspect Sectoid is behind all of this.

And he gunned down half of my X-Com squad, too.
Bob

Post by Bob »

You know.. I always get tgb confused with tj_marantz. So.. tgb has got to go. It's unacceptable.
Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

Ok Bob, I see your point tgb has been acting a bit oddly.